Guardian Talents for HC BoD

As the title says, which you think are the best picks for general use in HC BoD for guardians?

I'm thinking of running a setup along the lines of this.
    Last edited by Johny-Blade; 2019-02-22 at 01:31 PM.

How geared are you? Is it progress?
    You can get away with Rend and tear on most bosses if you aren't completely undergeared.
    Resto affinity isn't very useful, unless you can actively use the heals. The passive heal is almost never useful. So I'm not going to recommend it often.

I've got a slight summary here:

Progress pure survival:
    Last 3 tiers are always: 133 for single target. 233 for cleave.

Champion of Light: BOSS 3X3X133 | ADDS 3213233
    Balance affinity for add management, ursols/typhoon as well. If on the boss, just cookie cutter defense build.

Jadefire Masters: 3311233
    Charge to get to monk and mage quickly when they teleport away. Bash for Xuen. Balance affinity for extra range to get to boss quicker and hit them easier.

Grong: 332X133
    Feral affinity because 1 of the tanks has huge downtime and you can kitty for a bit. Charge to get back to boss when thrown.

Opulence: 3223133
    Ursols/Typhoon for add management in P2. Feral affinity because there is huge downtime in P2.

Conclave: 3213233
    Ursols/Typhoon/Balance for raptor management. And cleave onto the other boss (giving you GG procs and extra rage).

Rastakhan: 331X133
    Charge and balance affinity for tank swaps between bwonsamdi and rastakhan.

Mekkatorque: 33X3133
    Charge for getting back to mekka after getting bomb. Typhoon for getting bots out of melee.

Stormwall: 33XX133
    Charge for getting to the add and back to boss in P2.

Jaina: 332X133
    Charge for getting to boss after avalanche and to add in intermission.

Slight damage output increase:
    Last 3 tiers are always: 131 for single target. 231 for cleave.
    Always take feral affinity if there is downtime (grong, opulence, rastakhan, mekkatorque, stormwall, jaina).

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh in most situations I feel that Survival of Fittest works better for me then Guardian of Elune. The more freaquent SD/BS usage is useful at least to me. Interesting choices though for some of the bosses, I will most probably try those out

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Tbh in most situations I feel that Survival of Fittest works better for me then Guardian of Elune. The more freaquent SD/BS usage is useful at least to me. Interesting choices though for some of the bosses, I will most probably try those out
    I only use Survival of the Fittest when I know the fight in and out. I'm often too conservative with my cooldowns, and keep them for certain phases. If math tells me to take SI, I take it. None of the bosses need it for me. I often end the fight with an SI left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    I only use Survival of the Fittest when I know the fight in and out. I'm often too conservative with my cooldowns, and keep them for certain phases. If math tells me to take SI, I take it. None of the bosses need it for me. I often end the fight with an SI left.
    I am not conservative at all, some times my downfall though.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    How geared are you? Is it progress?
    You can get away with Rend and tear on most bosses if you aren't completely undergeared.
    Resto affinity isn't very useful, unless you can actively use the heals. The passive heal is almost never useful. So I'm not going to recommend it often.
    I have 400ilvl as Guardian, but not with optimal stats. We had another Guardian running Rend and Tear and he has been taking a lot of damage, i know it since I have been one of the main healers for our Raid group so far. I don't know if he uses his abilities incorrectly but I felt the +3% damage reduction over the duration of the fight might go a long way into improving suitability, and the 2 talents are really close in damage output.

I find Resto Afinnity really useful since I use 1x Walking Dream trait and its deceptively strong at least in M+ for some self-sustain/utility as Guardian.

What about SotF vs Galactic Guardian for rage regen on bosses?
    Last edited by Johny-Blade; 2019-02-28 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johny-Blade View Post
    I have 400ilvl as Guardian, but not with optimal stats. We had another Guardian running Rend and Tear and he has been taking a lot of damage, i know it since I have been one of the main healers for our Raid group so far. I don't know if he uses his abilities incorrectly but I felt the +3% damage reduction over the duration of the fight might go a long way into improving suitability, and the 2 talents are really close in damage output.

I find Resto Afinnity really useful since I use 1x Walking Dream trait and its deceptively strong at least in M+ for some self-sustain/utility as Guardian.

What about SotF vs Galactic Guardian for rage regen on bosses?
    He's probably doing something else wrong if you can notice the difference.
    As I said, if you're actually using the healing spells from resto aff, then it's worth taking.
    Don't take resto aff if you're just taking it for the passive.

About SOTF and GG: SOTF for single target (grong, mekka, jaina). GG as soon as there's a second target to reliably hit (jadefire, rasta).