Conclave of the Chosen Kill Order?

Hey all. My guild, which is a casual Heroic focused guild, is working on Heroic Conclave of the Chosen again at raid tomorrow. We got about an hour or so worth of pulls on them our first night.

We are trying kill order of Paku > Gonk > Kimbul > Akunda and our best pull was getting Kimbul to 50% with Akunda out. Outside of learning to do Kragwa with paku cause the swirl is kind of tough to see, our biggest issue seemed to be hex timing and kimbul leaps.

Was thinking about switching to Killing gonk first just to eliminate the hexes and maybe kimbul second to reduce tank healing requirements later on. Thoughts?

I was looking for some other kill orders that worked well for you and maybe some pros and cons to those kill orders.

Our raid comp is 2 Tanks/4-5 Healers/12-14 DPS depending on who is at raid and such. Our tanks are a pally and DK and we run Disc Priest, Resto Sham, MW Monk, RDruid, and Hpally.

Thanks all!

We found killing Gonk > Kimbul > Akunda > Paku is probably the easiest order as long as you have dispels. We choose Gonk first because because Hex is quite lame and can happen at terrible times (during a bird) and its also a dps/hps loss when people are CCed which extends the fight. Kimbul is probably the worst because of the tank bleed/cleave and dumb melee getting hit by it, consider how much damage the bleed does and how long it lasts its better to remove him asap. We then choose Akunda next because without healers dispelling quickly it can dps/hps loss but also this will cost healers mana in the long time to constantly remove dispell if shes up for too long. Paku if tanked swapped enough and he is always dispelled he is incredibly weak and the only scary thing about him is him buffing the adds (which can be also dispelled/slow/stunned so who cares), also we have 2 mages so they love the buff they can spellsteal with Paku alive

Also make sure the first two die during or right after the bird AoE, if the first two die BEFORE the bird lands or before a bird phase you will get lightning/tiger during a bird ... which is usually a wipe.
    Last edited by Raone; 2019-02-25 at 04:42 AM.

Our guild did Gonk>kimbul>Paku and we made sure that a plate dps taunted Paku at around 15-20 stacks to reset the debuff before bird stacking and assign the mage to steal his haste buff whenever its up. Its mostly CCing and bursting raptors and raid cds when we stack under the bird. The rest is just walking out the group with tiger mark and silence debuff and dodging the frog

Think by far the best order is to do Gonk>Kimbul>X>X with the X's depending on comp/skills. We have 4 mages so we prio killing Akunda 3rd since the spellstealing/purging on the adds is easeir for us. But if you've got healers who are awesome at dispels you may want to kill Paku 3rd.

Remember to kill the 1st 2 bosses suring the winds or the overlap with abilities will line up badly later on.

P.s. the Kimbul dot is physical so bops/stoneform will take it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Think by far the best order is to do Gonk>Kimbul>X>X with the X's depending on comp/skills. We have 4 mages so we prio killing Akunda 3rd since the spellstealing/purging on the adds is easeir for us. But if you've got healers who are awesome at dispels you may want to kill Paku 3rd.

Remember to kill the 1st 2 bosses suring the winds or the overlap with abilities will line up badly later on.

P.s. the Kimbul dot is physical so bops/stoneform will take it off.
    To avoid overlaps, shouldn't the first boss die before the first birdo takes off from mid (so cry has time to fall off before wrath damage starts), then kill 2nd boss just after the second birdo finishes wrath channel? If you kill them during birdo, you have to deal with like 40k dps raidwide for 8 or so seconds, while dodging hoppyboi and raptors.

Other than though, i agree with everything you said. We arent mage heavy so we killed paku third just to avoid the buffed raptors. But gonk and kimbul should def die first.
    Last edited by Mardux; 2019-02-25 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    To avoid overlaps, shouldn't the first boss die before the first birdo takes off from mid (so cry has time to fall off before wrath damage starts), then kill 2nd boss just after the second birdo finishes wrath channel? If you kill them during birdo, you have to deal with like 40k dps raidwide for 8 or so seconds, while dodging hoppyboi and raptors.

Other than though, i agree with everything you said. We arent mage heavy so we killed paku third just to avoid the buffed raptors. But gonk and kimbul should def die first.
    I've heard and read both ways. So I think theres some different approaches but I think in general that's the right idea. First boss dies just before OR during the first winds and then second boss dies toward the end of a winds.

I think we are going to go with Paku third just cause we only have 2-3 mages and 3 shaman and a priest and it's a lot of mana for the healers to have to offensive dispel when the Raptors get buffed. Still leaves enough time for mages to get the sweet buff through the fight and keeps things manageable it seems.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildlight View Post
    I think we are going to go with Paku third just cause we only have 2-3 mages and 3 shaman and a priest and it's a lot of mana for the healers to have to offensive dispel when the Raptors get buffed. Still leaves enough time for mages to get the sweet buff through the fight and keeps things manageable it seems.
    On the other hand, leaving Akunda for last means 4-5 defensive dispels, which is even more annoying. These can only be used by healers, are limited by cooldowns and pacify makes players completely useless until removed. Also, it gets even worse if people start dying, since even larger portion of the raid will be unable to act - especially if you lose healers and can't keep up with dispels.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    On the other hand, leaving Akunda for last means 4-5 defensive dispels, which is even more annoying. These can only be used by healers, are limited by cooldowns and pacify makes players completely useless until removed. Also, it gets even worse if people start dying, since even larger portion of the raid will be unable to act - especially if you lose healers and can't keep up with dispels.
    Hm. Yeah that's a good point too. Definitely didn't fully consider that aspect either. Probably easier to offensive dispel or CC the Raptors than rely on healers to have to dispel mind wipe for so long. Plus the mind wipe is a huge potential DPS/HPS loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildlight View Post
    Hm. Yeah that's a good point too. Definitely didn't fully consider that aspect either. Probably easier to offensive dispel or CC the Raptors than rely on healers to have to dispel mind wipe for so long. Plus the mind wipe is a huge potential DPS/HPS loss.
    You don't even need to dispel the raptors, stuns/slows/RoP usually is enough, as long as Paku/Other Boss is always dispelled and you never let the raptors cross parh its good enough. We did Akunda last once and when we were in the bird our Rdruid during Tranq got the debuff and it interrupted the tranq. Also with Akunda up so long it's going to cost your healers a bunch of mana to just keep everyone constantly dispelled. Also you will always have those derp melee who stand in the lightning during Bird. Getting rid of Akunda before Paku just makes the fight easier all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post

We once killed Gonk too quickly (before the bird took off) and we had a reall really bad Tiger overlap everytime. Just use an extra raid CD during the first and 2nd bird.
    Last edited by Raone; 2019-02-25 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    You don't even need to dispel the raptors, stuns/slows/RoP usually is enough, as long as Paku/Other Boss is always dispelled and you never let the raptors cross parh its good enough. We did Akunda last once and when we were in the bird our Rdruid during Tranq got the debuff and it interrupted the tranq. Also with Akunda up so long it's going to cost your healers a bunch of mana to just keep everyone constantly dispelled. Also you will always have those derp melee who stand in the lightning during Bird. Getting rid of Akunda before Paku just makes the fight easier all around.

We once killed Gonk too quickly (before the bird took off) and we had a reall really bad Tiger overlap everytime. Just use an extra raid CD during the first and 2nd bird.
    Hey there. Thanks for the feedback. My thoughts exactly. Just double up on raid CDs for the first 2 to kind of outmuscle it a bit. And your example of Akunda is something that when brought to my attention was definitely a concern.

Thanks for the advice for sure.