Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Ratings are deflated to shit

    When you have 2k+ experienced players struggling to break 1.6k in RBGs, you know something's not right. Changing how MMR works right after the majority of WoW's PvP population quits to make the remaining stragglers grind more feels like yet another sleazy tactic in a long line of sleazy tactics designed to milk the MAU metric.

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire Krixooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Barthilas
    Posts
    362
    shrug
    Blizzard are so un-transparent with how they change things sometimes, like this, it's very frustrating

    in the meantime, I'm just not going to look at my CR and just play games with my friends.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    shrug
    Blizzard are so un-transparent with how they change things sometimes, like this, it's very frustrating

    in the meantime, I'm just not going to look at my CR and just play games with my friends.
    It's not rating I care about. It's moving goalposts I hate. Blizzard reduced the requirements for elite sets to 1800 to make them more accessible and then immediately after made the new 1800 as hard as the old 2000 was.

  4. #4
    Over 9000! Saverem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Coolsville, Daddio
    Posts
    9,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    When you have 2k+ experienced players struggling to break 1.6k in RBGs, you know something's not right. Changing how MMR works right after the majority of WoW's PvP population quits to make the remaining stragglers grind more feels like yet another sleazy tactic in a long line of sleazy tactics designed to milk the MAU metric.
    Because no one is playing the game.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Because no one is playing the game.
    Part of the reason for that is the mmr nerf though.

  6. #6
    Over 9000! Saverem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Coolsville, Daddio
    Posts
    9,354
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    Part of the reason for that is the mmr nerf though.
    They nerfed mmr? When and how?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    They nerfed mmr? When and how?
    MMR inflation was broken during S1 of BFA where MMR was increasing multiple times per week instead of once per week. This lead to 2400 CR being equivalent to 2k ~ 2.2k during the season, and players getting MMR capped at 3400 ish MMR when playing above 3k cr.

    1800 is not difficult. Learn to PvP and grind for a week or two and you can easily achieve 1800 in 2s because of how slow-paced 2s gameplay is. RBGs right now is not the place you want to be getting any CR because the MMR 'reset' that occurred has squished everyone together and the MMR gain is too slow to spread teams out. I was 2700 CR and 2800 MMR last season in RBGs and my MMR hasn't shifted from 2k at all.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & Multi-Glad Druid/Warlock
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 2nd

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    When you have 2k+ experienced players struggling to break 1.6k in RBGs, you know something's not right. Changing how MMR works right after the majority of WoW's PvP population quits to make the remaining stragglers grind more feels like yet another sleazy tactic in a long line of sleazy tactics designed to milk the MAU metric.
    vast majority of 2500-2700 players wouldn't even break 1900 barrier in s2, s3 or s4, so "experience" starting to mean a literal jackshit, maybe it's time to deflate that aritificially and unrealistically inflated ego and put some players back in their place

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    When you have 2k+ experienced players struggling to break 1.6k in RBGs, you know something's not right. Changing how MMR works right after the majority of WoW's PvP population quits to make the remaining stragglers grind more feels like yet another sleazy tactic in a long line of sleazy tactics designed to milk the MAU metric.
    Are you capable of making a post which is not a thinly veiled Blizzard bash post? You come in here, talk about them changing something that no one can prove, make a statement about other players that no one can prove, then make a statement about Blizzard that no one can prove, just to try to make other people hate Blizzard as much as you do.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Glyphtics View Post
    MMR inflation was broken during S1 of BFA where MMR was increasing multiple times per week instead of once per week. This lead to 2400 CR being equivalent to 2k ~ 2.2k during the season, and players getting MMR capped at 3400 ish MMR when playing above 3k cr.
    Source?

    OP: ladder collapse

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Are you capable of making a post which is not a thinly veiled Blizzard bash post? You come in here, talk about them changing something that no one can prove, make a statement about other players that no one can prove, then make a statement about Blizzard that no one can prove, just to try to make other people hate Blizzard as much as you do.
    Pointing out legitimate problems with the game =/= bashing. I'll stop criticizing sleazy tactics when Blizzard stops employing them.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Pointing out legitimate problems with the game =/= bashing. I'll stop criticizing sleazy tactics when Blizzard stops employing them.
    Since you completely ignored what I said, I'll spell it out for you.

    You claimed they did an underhanded change to arena rating. You do not know their code so you cannot even prove there WAS a change.
    You claimed that the majority of the pvp community has quit. You do not know this and cannot speak on this matter.
    And you claimed that the change was simply a means to increase the timed played metric. Again, you are making an accusation against Blizzard based on something you can't even prove to have happened and spinning it as something dishonest the company has done in order to incite anger.

    Going "Blizz did this thing, I can't prove it even happened, and it made people leave, but I can't prove that, and the thing they did is some sleazy trick to make us have to play more, even though I can't even prove something happened, but it did cause Blizz is sleazy."

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Since you completely ignored what I said, I'll spell it out for you.

    You claimed they did an underhanded change to arena rating. You do not know their code so you cannot even prove there WAS a change.
    You claimed that the majority of the pvp community has quit. You do not know this and cannot speak on this matter.
    And you claimed that the change was simply a means to increase the timed played metric. Again, you are making an accusation against Blizzard based on something you can't even prove to have happened and spinning it as something dishonest the company has done in order to incite anger.

    Going "Blizz did this thing, I can't prove it even happened, and it made people leave, but I can't prove that, and the thing they did is some sleazy trick to make us have to play more, even though I can't even prove something happened, but it did cause Blizz is sleazy."
    How about you use your common sense? How else would you explain lower ratings all around and longer queues? Stop shilling for Blizzard. They are not your friend.

  14. #14
    Over 9000! Saverem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Coolsville, Daddio
    Posts
    9,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Glyphtics View Post
    MMR inflation was broken during S1 of BFA where MMR was increasing multiple times per week instead of once per week. This lead to 2400 CR being equivalent to 2k ~ 2.2k during the season, and players getting MMR capped at 3400 ish MMR when playing above 3k cr.

    1800 is not difficult. Learn to PvP and grind for a week or two and you can easily achieve 1800 in 2s because of how slow-paced 2s gameplay is. RBGs right now is not the place you want to be getting any CR because the MMR 'reset' that occurred has squished everyone together and the MMR gain is too slow to spread teams out. I was 2700 CR and 2800 MMR last season in RBGs and my MMR hasn't shifted from 2k at all.
    Eh, I'm already 2100 in 2s which is the highest I care to go since I don't really get anything from 2400. Working on my 3s now.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    How about you use your common sense? How else would you explain lower ratings all around and longer queues? Stop shilling for Blizzard. They are not your friend.
    So you're going to completely ignore my argument, throw out something that could or could not be related to the subject at hand as "evidence" that you are right, and call me a shill for actually daring to demand that you have evidence that your complaint even actually exists. Glad to be a part of another quality Wilfire thread.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    So you're going to completely ignore my argument, throw out something that could or could not be related to the subject at hand as "evidence" that you are right, and call me a shill for actually daring to demand that you have evidence that your complaint even actually exists. Glad to be a part of another quality Wilfire thread.
    Glad to see you still come into these threads just to be contrarian =) what would you do without me?

  17. #17
    Stood in the Fire mostvp71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Azuremyst Isle, Kalimdor
    Posts
    396
    Ratings are always deflated at the start of seasons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glyphtics View Post
    MMR inflation was broken during S1 of BFA where MMR was increasing multiple times per week instead of once per week. This lead to 2400 CR being equivalent to 2k ~ 2.2k during the season, and players getting MMR capped at 3400 ish MMR when playing above 3k cr.

    1800 is not difficult. Learn to PvP and grind for a week or two and you can easily achieve 1800 in 2s because of how slow-paced 2s gameplay is. RBGs right now is not the place you want to be getting any CR because the MMR 'reset' that occurred has squished everyone together and the MMR gain is too slow to spread teams out. I was 2700 CR and 2800 MMR last season in RBGs and my MMR hasn't shifted from 2k at all.
    They fixed that issue, it was bugged.
    Last edited by mostvp71; 2019-03-02 at 05:53 AM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    When you have 2k+ experienced players struggling to break 1.6k in RBGs, you know something's not right. Changing how MMR works right after the majority of WoW's PvP population quits to make the remaining stragglers grind more feels like yet another sleazy tactic in a long line of sleazy tactics designed to milk the MAU metric.
    its more to do with the bottom of the pyramid collapsing then under the hood calculations of mmr/cr
    I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.
    -Donald J Trump.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Glad to see you still come into these threads just to be contrarian =) what would you do without me?
    Well, considering that these forums have simply become an echo chamber for negativity and the sky falling I'm happy to be the contrarian who doesn't think the world is going to end tomorrow. You should try not being pessimistic for a moment or two, it'll do wonders for your blood pressure.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Glad to see you still come into these threads just to be contrarian =) what would you do without me?
    Well, considering that these forums have simply become an echo chamber for negativity and the sky falling I'm happy to be the contrarian who doesn't think the world is going to end tomorrow. You should try not being pessimistic for a moment or two, it'll do wonders for your blood pressure.

  20. #20
    Playerbase has greatly reduce to almost.. lol well CRUMBS. Which mean your rating against opponents is probably more like dumb and easier to fight and 2s and 3s are pretty much easy to get to 2k. No offense it's dumb and dull and i don't feel challenged enough as it used to be hence that's why i stopped playing a while back cuz this xpac lol you guys you know when to stop but you are continuing defending blizzard and give hope. Honestly, just let wow kill itself so we can move on to other game and never look back. I need a spice for this xpac and the XPAC is not delivering it. The spice taste bland and fucky tasted horrible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •