Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    My honest opinion here.
    I was a liberal for most of my life, and (still) I truly believe that everyone is allowed to make whatever decision that makes them happy. However, my support stops the moment it affects other people. Psychologists & social scientists nearly agree that a child raised in a stereotype family (father & mother) does a lot better than a child raised in a family of gay or lesbian couple. i will edit the post later for source
    I have no doubt this post will receive a lot of flames. One thing you should actually realize is even if what you said is true, it's also irrelevant. You'd rather a kid remain in foster care than go to a loving home where the adopting parents are gay? Because there are more foster kids than there are adopting parents. Likewise, unless a homosexual couple is actually negatively impactful for a kid, using this "they're not as good" argument is utterly inexcusable. You want to deny an entire group a certain right over something as trivial as a relativistic argument? Seriously. You need to reconsider what you've said. Because it's little more than soft bigotry. Unless there is legitimate reason to think a homosexual couple will always be incapable and possibly even dangerous to the well being of a child, your excuse here holds no ground.

Technically, the idea of jus sanguinis citizenship requiring sanguinis (biological) link seems reasonable.

But in this day and age, it is just petty.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    My honest opinion here.
    I was a liberal for most of my life, and (still) I truly believe that everyone is allowed to make whatever decision that makes them happy. However, my support stops the moment it affects other people. Psychologists & social scientists nearly agree that a child raised in a stereotype family (father & mother) does a lot better than a child raised in a family of gay or lesbian couple. i will edit the post later for source

Same thing happened when Canada wanted to introduce compelled speech to address transgenders as they or ze. I thought it was dumb as fuck and they deserved the backlash they got.

I will repeat before I get flamed into oblivion, I have nothing against homosexual couples and encourage them to do whatever makes them happy. But to have them adopt children that could otherwise be adopted by typical families is not a smart move.

As for OP, for trump to deny them citizenship is a dumb decision and makes no sense.
    Yeah, that's a load of bullshit. Studies have found that what is most important for a child is to be raised in a STABLE family, rather than heterosexual couples being magically better parents than a gay couple.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers