Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    Atrocious quest item drop rates
    That is interesting since some people say that you didn't have enough quests to ding 60. Low drop rates on quest items had you farming mobs longer. Meaning you'd have to farm "less" when you ran out of quests compared to if the quest items drop rates were high.

Only real problem i had with vanilla was the mana regen. It could've been a tad bit quicker but I remember how you had to wait 5 sec before it began to regen in raids fondly, I liked that part! Would just have loved if, when you regen, you'd regen faster.

Mana is what made tanks, other than warriors, almost not viable due to running out of mana and being unable to hold aggro due to that.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    rolling a hunter and bieng treated like a 12 year old by default :P
    Its still the same, the name HUNTARD is coined in wow forever .

OT : ammo and feeding pet was annoying af .

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    PvP and class design
    What about class design did/do you dislike?

PVP ranking system would be my chief wtf where they thinking moment. But it is what it is.

nothing fundamentally other than i guess the ease and convenience was a shock coming from legit cannon mmorpgs.

the irony is looking at the game now. seems a different genre alltogether lol.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pets and mounts occupied space in bags, in fact, everything did, even air WTF.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Nothing really, I am a human and can adapt to anything and like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    lot of things, i remember one day there was horde attacking Darnassus, I was at stormwind (back from stv, i know before any smarta88 say that IF was alliance capital back then), decided to go help 'defend' it at my warlock, it took me over 15 min to get there, by that time, horde were already done with city and left...
    horde had really amazing fast zepplin system, alliance, heh good luck
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

It ended too fast...

Hybrid classes being forced to heal

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    Perhaps this is only happenening on private servers, but when I played Vanilla six months ago I ran out of quests multiple times and had to grind a level or two. If you just do quests, you will run out.
    No. I've leveled several characters to 60 during Vanilla, and I've played reliable private servers for years (still am). I've both excellent memory and recent experiences, both confirming it.
    It never happens.
    Never.
    It might be inefficient due to travel (there is several points where, if you don't do dungeons, you need to jump around several zones to level up) and you might need to go to another region/continent, but you can never, ever run out of quests.

If you ever manage to not have any quest left, it's because you missed many (which is easy, because lots of them are series which unlock only if you finish the previous steps, and many are lost in the wilderness).
    Even Joanas guide says that you need to grind mobs along the way and the guide stops at 59.
    See above.
    Also, on the later versions of Vanilla, you have TONS of high-level quests which actually make the lvl 55+ the single most quest-rich bracket.
    Of course, if you don't play every day and allow your rested exp to stack up, you might experience it less. But for people like me, who play every day and sometimes group up for quests, there is an issue with running out of them.
    Actually, as I like leveling, I did the opposite, I purposely avoided rested XP by loggin off outside taverns.
    Last edited by Akka; 2019-02-25 at 01:13 PM.

Mailing one item at a time
    The fact that you basically NEED max eng to pvp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    Perhaps this is only happenening on private servers, but when I played Vanilla six months ago I ran out of quests multiple times and had to grind a level or two. If you just do quests, you will run out. Even Joanas guide says that you need to grind mobs along the way and the guide stops at 59.

Of course, if you don't play every day and allow your rested exp to stack up, you might experience it less. But for people like me, who play every day and sometimes group up for quests, there is an issue with running out of them.
    Seems to me you are skipping out on a lot of necessary quests and probably sticking to one zone for too long.

There are a lot of quests that aren’t sitting in hubs/camps and you need to come across them in the open world, and you have to zone hop a lot. For instance, you don’t just do Westfall, you do Westfall until 14 or so, head to loch modan and do that til 15-16, back to Westfall, etc.

Barrens>stonetalon at 17>barrens again>Stonetalon again>Ashenvale>barrens again>Ashenvale again. Or something like that.

Edit: just now seen that you used joanas guide.. yeah you have to grind between locations and if you group up often you will most certainly fall way behind. I used joanas but it was too much for me stick with it the whole way, so I got a jist for the guide and ran something I was more comfortable with using questie. Now I’ll grind a lot regardless, so I’m usually overleveled, but I try to only group for quests that involve killing a single named mob, those are the biggest pains in the ass with competition but cuts down on xp lost almost entirely.
    Last edited by MardestyGSOG; 2019-02-25 at 01:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    • Not being able to fly straight to the destination (multiple stops)
    • Paladin buff bots.
    • Stupidly designed classes spam 1 button to win.
    • druids & paladins are lol tanks
    • Stupid talent system with very bad talents and very good talents (which led to a single build that does the most dps)
    • quests. sometimes you go from green quests to red quests. sometimes you have to grind for hours to unlock quests.
    • PVP system was basically shit. only 1 person gets rank 14 per week.
    • CC is stupidly long.
    • graphics were shit. glad they are redoing it for classic.
    • you can't see other people talents.
    • NO LFG tools (I don't like going back to ironforge every time i get a leaver to find a replacement.)
    • 2 loots per boss for 40 man raid is waaaay too slow. takes forever to gear.
    • bosses were a joke until nax. rarely any mechanics. wear this fire resist gear to win.

and finally,
    • THAT GODDAMN SKELETON ELITE IN DUSKWOOD THAT SEES YOU FROM 300 YARDS AND KILLS YOU
    Wow, most of those things is what made Vanilla so good in my opinion, like talents and pvp were both amazing and thank god there was no LFG tool.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I didn't like some minor things, like "attempts to run away in fear" on basically every single mob and they always brought back 3 more mobs. This was so much more common back then.

But mostly I disliked some quests, to not know what to do or where to go, and you had to check thottbot constantly. But you gotta take the good with the bad, and I hope they don't "fix" the quests even tho I didn't like them.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quests were a disjointed mess.
    You never got to really see most stories play out because you either ran halfway across the continent to do it or just moved on to something else.
    I remember several ones I would just ignore outright because it wanted me to jump continents and deal with elites and such.
    Even as a hunter, that was still a pain, and don't even get me started on pet AI... because that actually made questing even more painful when the dumbass would run off and pull more mobs and die, dropping from green to yellow to red while I frantically kite everything until it slowly dies from piss-poor hunter damage (most of it was pet-based).

"Rotations" were a mess for the majority.
    There was no real skill synergy or purpose to half the spellbook; it was just kinda there for a once in a blue moon type of use.
    A lot of classes spent time spamming one or two buttons.
    I mean, sure, it was thematically cool to use some stuff here and there, but for the majority of the content, you didn't need most of it.

PVP was a battle of attrition, not remotely based on skill, in terms of BGs, which were the only way to get a rank.
    I think I stopped at blood guard maybe? What was that, like rank 6 or 7? Maybe half way (in numbers, but like 20% of the way in time played) to max rank?
    Fuck if I remember, but I do recall saying "screw this noise" as I gave up on pursuit of a high rank.

Worst:
    How stupidly long leveling was. I know some people say they did it over a weekend easy without effort but I call bullshit. The best I could find with Screenshot was 4d20h, and a 3d9h from a private server, and i'm sure that was before they adjusted a lot of quest reward that was too high on XP.

Not as bad but still:
    How some piece of gear from raid are completely useless and some other are completely OP and normally rare. So gearing end up who have the better reputation with the RL. Bonus point if you handle the RL genitalia.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Server queues on high pop servers is all really. I would get home and get in queue and depending on time, it could be 15-45 min to get in, though rarely did I have to wait 45 min. Everything else was amazing, and the game was more an RPG than anything else.

Extremely long graveyard runs. I don't mind being punished for dying, but come on...

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    Extremely long graveyard runs. I don't mind being punished for dying, but come on...
    People getting lost running back to Uldaman and whatnot. So much fun...

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaBoss View Post
    We heard all the good things, now let's look at the potential challenges
    The basic absence of rotation for more if not all classes. FROSTBOLT ALL DAY AM I RIGHT?
    People will mention the useless specs, I didn't mind them at all. Wheelchair ret forever.
    Insanely ridiculous respawn time for every quests mobs/items. Don't want to sit there all night long.
    Legit ugly visuals. Everything looks like it was made for N64.
    The flight paths worthy of an insane asylum. Plz bird, stop doing U-turns.
    Hit rating. Boring af.
    Tiny quest log. Smaller than my grocery list.

Honestly I don't remember much and didn't play Vanilla that long. But some of these posts bring back memories.
    The one thing I'd like to mention is the way druid shapeshifting worked. It was shite. I believe it was improved in TBC or even later?
    Honestly the more I think about this, the more I'm convinced that it would be better to make at least some careful QoL adjustments for Classic. People will complain that it's not the true Vanilla experience, but in the long run it will increase its longevity.