Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettySweet View Post

    Murderous regime.
    People firing guns on the street shock. Is it downtown LA?

    I've seen nothing so far in Venezuela which doesn't happen in the US on a regular basis.

  2. #222
    Red Cross denounces unsanctioned use of its emblems to smuggle US aid to Venezuela

    The largest international aid organization has demanded that activists at the Venezuela-Colombia border not use the insignia of the Red Cross, which isn’t participating in what Caracas has dismissed as a US “propaganda show.”

    The Red Cross learned that some “people not affiliated” with the agency are trying to disguise themselves as aid workers to smuggle cargo for Venezuela’s opposition across the closed frontiers.

    “They might mean well but they risk jeopardizing our neutrality, impartiality & independence,” the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies said.


    IFRC Intl. Federation #RedCross #RedCrescent ✔ @Federation
    We’ve learned that there are some people not affiliated w/ @cruzrojacol & @CruzRojaVe wearing Red Cross emblems at Colombia-#Venezuela & Brazil-Ven border.
    We urge them to stop doing this. They might mean well but they risk jeopardizing our neutrality, impartiality & independence


    Earlier, Venezuelan Foreign Minister Jorge Arreaza stressed that the UN and the International Red Cross are not participating in the “propaganda show” staged by the United States. “It is clearly an action with political objectives, it could never be described as a humanitarian action,” he said on Twitter, accusing the governments involved in the US plot of violating the principles of the UN charter.

    The government of Nicolas Maduro has sealed off the borders with neighboring Colombia, Brazil and the Dutch island of Curacao, trying to prevent US shipments from entering the Latin American State. Caracas denounced the ‘aid’ as a highly-publicized attempt to foster division and chaos, and possibly to use it as a cover to smuggle arms to the country’s opposition.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettySweet View Post


    Murderous regime.
    As terrible as that is, probably should not enter a country that your own country is hostile too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

  4. #224
    The Undying Hubcap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    31,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    As terrible as that is, probably should not enter a country that your own country is hostile too.

    Your hero, President Maduro is an evil man.

    Food is power in Venezuela and Maduro must control the food to stay in power. How do you live with yourself?

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Your hero, President Maduro is an evil man.

    Food is power in Venezuela and Maduro must control the food to stay in power. How do you live with yourself?
    By not supporting Maduro. Do you have anything that is not a strawman?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    As terrible as that is, probably should not enter a country that your own country is hostile too.
    Victim blaming lol.
    Your problem is that you’re more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right.

  7. #227
    Imagine if cold war era sanctions exist to this day

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettySweet View Post
    Victim blaming lol.
    Yes, and? You got anything better? Donate it to the red cross or let the countries who are trusted by the regime if you want to help so badly.
    What would the US do if Cuba suddenly came in with aid trucks after a hurricane? After getting denied first? Or what about Americans visiting Afghanistan on a trip? You can't call them stupid for going into hostile territory?
    Last edited by Gilrak; 2019-02-25 at 04:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

  9. #229
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    7,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Imagine if cold war era sanctions exist to this day
    That's kind of a paradox though as it was the cold war sanctions that won the cold war, the only way they could still be in place would be if the USSR hadn't dissolved, which it did due to the sanctions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •