5+ Year Old Account

Thrall vs Varian?

Earth-Warder Thrall vs. Varian w/blessing of Goldrinn, who would win?

Who's writing it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

7+ Year Old Account
    uh...Metzen? Metzen would win.

Metzen vs Metzen, that is actually an epic duel
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Thrall shows up, kicks the pile of ashes, feels bad about it, and leaves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming there is intent to kill and no funny business Thrall should take this one.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Thrall. No struggle.

As much as I like Varian, yeah, I'd have to say Thrall, even if it's warrior Thrall. Varian was tough and a man's man, but not because he was particularly powerful, his presence just commanded respect because he was so bad ass. Sylvanas respected him even though he likely wasn't even more powerful than Anduin.

Ya if both are out for blood Thrall would win.

Varian was probably the greatest warrior on Azeroth, I know some people will argue that, especially those who claim only a Horde member can be the greatest warrior etc. They probably never read his comic books or his novels either.

Thrall was also a great warrior before becoming a shaman. Much like Varian, Thrall has a past as a Gladiator, but there's a difference. Varian was captured, already trained, and was instructed and lead by Reghar to become not just a Gladiator, but Champion of all Gladiators. Varian's team won the Azeroth gladiator championship right before they escaped. Thrall on the other side was raised from birth to be a Gladiator. Every day of his life was a fight to survive, Blackmoore would throw things at him in the arena just to see if he'd die or not. When Thrall was just a kid he was forced to fight full sized Ogres in the arena, sometimes having to fight 20+ opponents in a row. Blackmoore would have entire days of just Thrall fighting opponent after Opponent in the arena.

When Thrall finally escaped he eventually came across the Warsong. Grom didn't trust him and told his top 4 honor guard to take him out. Thrall moved like a martial arts master not just beating the 4 greatest warriors of the Warsong, but defeated them like they were children. It was like Jet Li vs some random henchmen, he man handled them no problem. Then a few months later after he finds his people the Frostwolves, he meets Ogrim Doomhammer who he doesn't know is Ogrim yet. Ogrim harasses him until he snaps in order to test him. Thrall beats the piss out of Doomhammer, one of the biggest and strongest warriors of the Horde once again.

Thrall doesn't get a lot of warrior respect anymore on these boards, but at one time he might have been the top warrior out there, before he became a shaman and being a warrior was less important. Its been shown in comics and other literature, that Thrall was playing and toying with Garrosh before WotLK, unfortunately some on here chose to ignore that or claim it didn't happen.

Personally I think if it was just warrior vs warrior, Varian would pull ahead, but with his shaman powers Thrall is just in a whole nother league.

Warrior versus warrior, Varian.

Shaman versus warrior, Thrall.

I think it is safe to say that Varian was the better melee fighter, but he wouldn't stand much chance against Thrall the shaman. I am saying this assuming we're to compare them during their prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post

Varian was probably the greatest warrior on Azeroth, I know some people will argue that, especially those who claim only a Horde member can be the greatest warrior etc. They probably never read his comic books or his novels either.
    Books? Broxigar

Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post

Thrall was also a great warrior before becoming a shaman. Much like Varian, Thrall has a past as a Gladiator, but there's a difference. Varian was captured, already trained, and was instructed and lead by Reghar to become not just a Gladiator, but Champion of all Gladiators. Varian's team won the Azeroth gladiator championship right before they escaped. Thrall on the other side was raised from birth to be a Gladiator. Every day of his life was a fight to survive, Blackmoore would throw things at him in the arena just to see if he'd die or not. When Thrall was just a kid he was forced to fight full sized Ogres in the arena, sometimes having to fight 20+ opponents in a row. Blackmoore would have entire days of just Thrall fighting opponent after Opponent in the arena.

When Thrall finally escaped he eventually came across the Warsong. Grom didn't trust him and told his top 4 honor guard to take him out. Thrall moved like a martial arts master not just beating the 4 greatest warriors of the Warsong, but defeated them like they were children. It was like Jet Li vs some random henchmen, he man handled them no problem. Then a few months later after he finds his people the Frostwolves, he meets Ogrim Doomhammer who he doesn't know is Ogrim yet. Ogrim harasses him until he snaps in order to test him. Thrall beats the piss out of Doomhammer, one of the biggest and strongest warriors of the Horde once again.

Thrall doesn't get a lot of warrior respect anymore on these boards, but at one time he might have been the top warrior out there, before he became a shaman and being a warrior was less important. Its been shown in comics and other literature, that Thrall was playing and toying with Garrosh before WotLK, unfortunately some on here chose to ignore that or claim it didn't happen.

Personally I think if it was just warrior vs warrior, Varian would pull ahead, but with his shaman powers Thrall is just in a whole nother league.
    Question. If Thrall had all these feats as a Gladiator all of his life how the hell was Garrosh able to beat him in that Makgora? I remember Garrosh was not a part of the original Horde because he was considered weak and he had the Red Pox. How was someone who was inexperienced in Gladiator combat(as nowhere it explains where Garrosh got his Gladiator experience) managed to beat Thrall in a game he does all of his life?

BTW Varian vs Thrall without Shaman Powers I would give it to Varian for the game reason he managed to beat Garrosh. However the moment he uses his Shaman Powers combined with the Earth Warder powers as the OP wants then it's no contest. It's like comparing an Ant to a Dinosaur.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Metzen vs Metzen, that is actually an epic duel
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadrienne View Post
    uh...Metzen? Metzen would win.
    What ? metzen voiced Varian also ?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Question. If Thrall had all these feats as a Gladiator all of his life how the hell was Garrosh able to beat him in that Makgora? I remember Garrosh was not a part of the original Horde because he was considered weak and he had the Red Pox. How was someone who was inexperienced in Gladiator combat(as nowhere it explains where Garrosh got his Gladiator experience) managed to beat Thrall in a game he does all of his life?

BTW Varian vs Thrall without Shaman Powers I would give it to Varian for the game reason he managed to beat Garrosh. However the moment he uses his Shaman Powers combined with the Earth Warder powers as the OP wants then it's no contest. It's like comparing an Ant to a Dinosaur.
    By the way that fight between Garrosh and Thrall actually has 3 different tellings. If you read the comic book and literature versions, Thrall was just playing with Garrosh, it was a very one sided fight, but for some reason in game, they made it seem like Garrosh was coming out ahead.

Easiest answer is probably because Thrall got rusty, by the time he fought Garrosh it had been 10 years since he'd been a Gladiator. Also fans wouldn't have liked a 1 sided fight. Personally I find Garrosh's sudden increase of skill out of no where making less sense than Thrall losing his warrior skills. Before Cataclysm Garrosh was considered more of a skillless hothead that just smashed shit hulk style, that seemed to be more of detriment to the Horde than a help in WotLK, then suddenly he becomes some crazy weapon master and leader out of no where.

FYI Lord of the Clans was one of the first novels to come out. It came out before WoW even existed, it gives a complete history of Thrall up to the point of when Warcraft 3 starts and is one of the better books. If you like Thrall I highly recommend it as a must read. Not only does it let you completely follow his childhood, but it shows how he reformed the Horde and gave them hope again. The Battle of Durnholde instance from TBC was based off a chapter in that book.
    Last edited by Bling; 2019-02-24 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    What ? metzen voiced Varian also ?
    He also did Varian, yeah.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Whatever Thrall did to Garrosh, he could also do to Varian.
    Yep, this is why he was High King and got a lot of importance in Wotlk out of nowhere.
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Just watch Garrosh vs Thrall and you already have the answer. Varian is just a warrior, Thrall has supernatural powers...

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Just watch Garrosh vs Thrall and you already have the answer. Varian is just a warrior, Thrall has supernatural powers...
    But Varian is another self insert of Metzen, surely he will summon Goldrin or go full saiyan to make the match a draw

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall he ate Garrosh Hellscream for breakfast. There was a time before that I’d say Varian
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis