Question Any other altoholics feeling the "time efficiency lull" right now?

Man, this happens every patch: You're an indeterminate number of not very many weeks/days until the next patch which will add something to expedite the leveling or gearing of all your alts, your main is at "good enough for now" status, and everyone is dressed well transmog wise...

And with all the things to do in game (and despite all the negativity, there is A TON to do in game)... there is "nothing to do," because in a "few days," the time will be better spent and more efficient. This time, for me, it's 20+ 110's and impending heirlooms so I can spend blissful weeks in island expeditions! In a few months it will be "any day now I can gear everyone via WQs and flight!"

It's always something!! I know that logic dictates that time spent not doing the thing now is just a total loss, but I can't escape the "must... be... efficient..." sort of resistance!

Anyone else at this point right now?!

Nah, its just an excuse of people that dont even know what game they are playing.

I have said it multiple times before, the majority of people joining the game the last few years dont even know what game it is.

Everyone literally wants to play <Some other game> inside of World of Warcraft instead of playing World of Warcraft.

I stopped giving excuses to "Why someone does something" and simply realized/came to the conclusion that people simply do not know what WoW is.

Its a gear chase raid simulator, if you play WoW for any other reason you are playing the wrong game or the game wrongly.

If you dont have the time to play gear chase raid simulator and you simply enjoy some other aspect because you dont know better or have the time, good for you!

You can play half of the game with gear chase with Arena/PvP, at least thats half the game.

Stop asking for content outside of gear chasing raid simulator though, gets boring, if you want Skyrim in WoW, go play ESO, if you want something else from some other game, go play that game.

There is no time efficiency, there is people that play the game, and there are some form of delusional that believe "IF I SUB THE LAST 3 MONTHS OF THE GAME AND DO WQS I WILL HAVE HIGH ITEM LEVEL TO DO ALL CONTENT", because that is the point of the game, to do the content 1 year after it was introduced with +100 ilvls and pretend you have a clue.

As usual i will get hate for it from these forums because people simply cant accept that WoW is a raiding simulator and because of the game industry is right now its the ONLY raiding simulator worth a damn.

Either you actively play and enjoy the game, or you dont really.

An alt should be leveled because you want to try a different gamestyle/approach, not because "if i level in a month my neck will go to level 35 in 10 hours instead of 11"
    Last edited by potis; 2019-02-24 at 06:04 PM.

@potis I didn't understand at all what your point was.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Nah, its just an excuse of people that dont even know what game they are playing.

I have said it multiple times before, the majority of people joining the game the last few years dont even know what game it is.

Everyone literally wants to play <Some other game> inside of World of Warcraft instead of playing World of Warcraft.

I stopped giving excuses to "Why someone does something" and simply realized/came to the conclusion that people simply do not know what WoW is.

Its a gear chase raid simulator, if you play WoW for any other reason you are playing the wrong game or the game wrongly.

If you dont have the time to play gear chase raid simulator and you simply enjoy some other aspect because you dont know better or have the time, good for you!

You can play half of the game with gear chase with Arena/PvP, at least thats half the game.

Stop asking for content outside of gear chasing raid simulator though, gets boring, if you want Skyrim in WoW, go play ESO, if you want something else from some other game, go play that game.

There is no time efficiency, there is people that play the game, and there are some form of delusional that believe "IF I SUB THE LAST 3 MONTHS OF THE GAME AND DO WQS I WILL HAVE HIGH ITEM LEVEL TO DO ALL CONTENT", because that is the point of the game, to do the content 1 year after it was introduced with +100 ilvls and pretend you have a clue.

As usual i will get hate for it from these forums because people simply cant accept that WoW is a raiding simulator and because of the game industry is right now its the ONLY raiding simulator worth a damn.

Either you actively play and enjoy the game, or you dont really.

An alt should be leveled because you want to try a different gamestyle/approach, not because "if i level in a month my neck will go to level 35 in 10 hours instead of 11"
    Holy shit man you are mad at the world.

i have 7x120s and working on 3 other toons as they gain rested exp.

I farm rukhmar x12 a week. blackhand x 5, garrosh shoulders x 3
    after that nice lil grind is done, then i can do mog runs *tos/antorus*

I play a few mobile games off and one *you know..the ones where it takes 1-2 days to build ONE building* lol
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Nah, not really, at least for me. I don't raid on my main, or my alts, or do anything even slightly competitive with them, so I don't feel any pressure to use my time efficiently. Everyone's around 380-385, which is fine.

Right now I'm slowly levelling ARs for the heritage sets, and picking my way through which classes feel most fun to level from scratch. I've also levelled up an engineering alt, since it's the one profession I've never used. That was fun, and I collected the LF Draenei armor set on the way.

I just raid in my one main. My Alts are all stuck at 110 until 8.3 comes.