Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

A turtle didnt make it to the water - The Cycle of Life

A turtle didnt make it to the water - The Cycle of Life

The Cycle of Life - New Tortollan Seekers World Quest to Stop the Turtles in 8.1.5

https://www.wowhead.com/news=290409/...8-1-5#p4326954

So blizz has added a new WQs where instead of helping turtles reach the water we are instead helping crabs eat the turtles.

Not sure how i feel about this

Oh f... yes, it's payback time

Will do it once. But 20 is still 10 too much

7+ Year Old Account
    If it takes as long as Beachhead, then I dont care
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Yeah, but all jokes aside - I'm totally fine with this.

From a biological point of view, us protecting the baby turtles from their natural predators is actually hurting the balance of their ecosystem. If you can't bring yourself to kill baby turtles, just think about all the baby fish and other sea creatures that starve due to an increased population of turtles consuming their food supply

From a gameplay point of view, though... 20 turtles seems like a lot, but we'll have to wait and see how much time does a single turtle take. I genuinely hope that this is faster than Beachead, but I have this weird feeling that it's going to be an even bigger pain in the butt.

The WQs are so much boring. I still don't understand why people like them (at least in Legion).

well that is one WQ i'll never do >.<
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

It looks just as annoying as the turtle variant.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

A crab made it to the turtle!

Yes, I knew it. The quest was too much of a meme for Blizzard not to allow us to extract vengeance in blood for the poor crabs and birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Yeah, but all jokes aside - I'm totally fine with this.

From a biological point of view, us protecting the baby turtles from their natural predators is actually hurting the balance of their ecosystem. If you can't bring yourself to kill baby turtles, just think about all the baby fish and other sea creatures that starve due to an increased population of turtles consuming their food supply

From a gameplay point of view, though... 20 turtles seems like a lot, but we'll have to wait and see how much time does a single turtle take. I genuinely hope that this is faster than Beachead, but I have this weird feeling that it's going to be an even bigger pain in the butt.
    I honestly think it would be a drop in the ocean (pun intended) for us to help the turtles.

Its not like Crabs and Seagulls are gonna go extinct by killing them but Turtles have such a low survival rate even in water and they dont exactly breed like rabbits.

So its safe ecological wise to give them a helping hand even though its against natures rules of survival of the fittest.

this will be just as stupid as beachhead.

i'd be happy if we only had make loh go. at least it's as fast as i can solve the turns.

15+ Year Old Account
    the shell game is my fav of the tortollans wqs

Beachhead 2 - Revengeance

I don't do Nola's quest anymore since the interaction with my addons for whatever reason makes my keybinds in vehicles not work so I have to click the scroll ability and then click on crab/bird.

I think it's a funny little quest but 20 is way, way too many. Also, it seems like you're being fucking bombarded a lot with the little spell bombs.

I'm sure they have some internal quest plan where it's like "We expect the normal WQ to take roughly 2 to 4 minutes to complete" so they base these shitty Tortollan WQs with that in mind, but they don't seem to grasp (for whatever reason) that spending 2 minutes AoEing down some Naga or Rats or whatever and 2 minutes tediously waiting for turtles to make it to the waterdeath are two entirely different experiences.

It should be 5 turtles. Even if it were 5 the quest would feel like it takes forever to complete after doing it every day for a week or so. 20 is just far, far too tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tock20 View Post
    Will do it once. But 20 is still 10 too much
    Yep, that's the big issue. You can get some combos going by sending a shell down a lane, but even then on the PTR it took way too long to complete for a world quest. And there was no way to send feedback after it was completed, usually a quest or rare spawns pop up a window where you can report bugs and offer additional comments but this one did nothing.

It's just going to be another one of those WQs I only do if I'm super close to getting a paragon cache, otherwise I'll just hold on to the Tortollan emissary for a day to get Loh or the shell game.

I'm tempted to get an artist friend to draw a random warcraft person drowning that damn woman in the ocean, all the while screaming "A turtle made it to the water!"

Do crabs actually eat baby turtles?

I know i could google but i cba but seriously do crabs really eat baby turtles? Most crabs i knew going to the beach in England was tiny and i cant see how any crab could actually kill a baby turtle or would want to predate on one.

This is a serious question!

Quote Originally Posted by Mentauk the Mindtaker View Post
    Do crabs actually eat baby turtles?

I know i could google but i cba but seriously do crabs really eat baby turtles? Most crabs i knew going to the beach in England was tiny and i cant see how any crab could actually kill a baby turtle or would want to predate on one.

This is a serious question!
    Yes. Crabs and Several type of gulls prey on freshly-hatched turtles every year.