Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Is there anything you DO like about BfA?

For all the threads complaining about BfA, and the understandable opinions of the current state of the game, is there ONE thing that stands out about BfA that you would consider a job well done?
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

10+ Year Old Account
    zandalari trolls

10/10 race, culture, theme, existence

Allied Races for adding some variety for existing races. They could do without all the time gating though, and Zandalari + Kul Tiran should have been available way sooner.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2019-02-25 at 08:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both raids have been fantastic, imo. BoD, specifically, is one of their best, yet.

I like it more and more everyday, every day is a step closer to the next expac!

Love the art, the races, and controversially, the story. It's the gameplay they fell flat with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Raids are good, art is excellent. Also like the dungeons, most of them at least.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    For all the threads complaining about BfA, and the understandable opinions of the current state of the game, is there ONE thing that stands out about BfA that you would consider a job well done?
    The art and music is top notch my dude. Easily the best looking xpack, and also a good change of pace after the extremely dull looking Legion.
    The amount of world size is pretty well done too, it's bigger than Legion, and 2 islands which is a first, that's good and it feels special.
    BoD is a pretty fun raid. Uldir was kinda meh TBH, Mother is an insanely boring fight yet it could have been amazing.
    I like that they are improving on the M+ format. It's not perfect but at least they're doing things with it. The shitty affixes need to go, replace them with fun ones only. Remove the fucking boring tyrannical/fortified, ridiculous idea, the level of the key already increase the base stats so we don't need another layer of that.

Before and after friends are playing, I can't find the desire to do world content, so I sit around a lot. Dazar'alor has one of the best songs in wow, and if i run out of the city the music and ambience in Zuldazar is amazing. Sometimes the music in the city of Dazar'alor actually motivates me to go out and adventure. or at the very least click my mouse along with it
    Last edited by huehuehue; 2019-02-25 at 09:17 PM.

Drustvar is one of the cooler zones they have created in a while. Other than that, every day is a day closer until the end of BFA.

5+ Year Old Account
    I like:

• The setting. BfA is the closest we will ever get to a south seas expansion, a theme that I've always been fond of.
    • The atmosphere. It's far more relaxed, down-to-earth than anything since MoP. Legion was getting silly with all the sci-fi stuff. BfA has "de-escalated" the story, and reminds me a bit of Vanilla in that regard.
    • The art. New zones are really nice imo, except Vol'dun which is quite meh. Music isn't as good as in past expansions, but it still gets the job done. Love the Drustvar theme
    • The zone-specific stories. Horde questing is overall quite good story-wise, with Vol'dun as my favourite. Ally questing is quite hit-and-miss (again, story-wise), but Drustvar and the tidesages part in Stormsong are frikkin' cool.

It's a shame that the rest is quite sucky :/
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

What I DID like was when cancelling my account there was no questionnaire.

It is hard to like anything which is sad since I had loved the game for so long. The new models for a lot of regular creatures are awesome I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty, and more added to the list!

FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The main cities are awesome.
    I liked both raids.
    Allied races are nice, especially since zandalari

Some story moments would have been great, if they would have been put in better contexts and weren't ruined by Devs giving hot takes on what it actually means
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

I only have 2 flaws with it, other than that it's a great expansion, so yeah there are a ton of things I like about it. Every thing from Kul tirans and their accents and pirate stuff, to Drustvar witches to Bwonsamdi and the amazing art and music. The problem is the 2 flaws are pretty huge.

1 - heart of azeroth is so much more boring than artifact weapons, yet it is supposed to fill the void of artifact weapons and tier sets. It doesn't even come close to anything resembling interesting. I can't even believe anyone thought it would be interesting. Just explaining it out loud should give you enough of an idea that it's an awful follow up to artifact weapons.

2 - class pruning. Removing all our artifact abilities, tier sets, and giving us zero new skills/talents while leveling made many specs feel broken and boring. Playing a boring spec is like looking at the Grand Canyon through broken, dirty glasses. You can see the expanion is great but your way of accessing it isn't.

The art,the music,the transmogs,the horde mounts.....Zandalari Trolls and warmode maybe

I think the cinematics are better than any previous expansion. Which are all available on Youtube...

I like almost all of it, zones, story, raids, dungeons, m+....missing only artifact weapon tree and legendaries from legion and gust of wind shaman ability.
    And dont like existence of WM rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that it was shitty enough to make me quit wow and start having a tiny bit of a life
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..