Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    SPORE came out like 10 years ago. You know, a game where you could make a creature and put 3 arms on its leg, and it worked. It used said arms to fight, pick food, do emotes.

Mind the fact that the game was made over 10 years ago. What was impressive at the time is freaking common right now. Simple autorigging software is available online, more expensive solutions are able to put 1000s of bones on damn buildings to create animations on their own. And yet, somehow autoanimating mostly 4-legged creatures to perform basic attacks on each other is beyond human comprehension. No, all we can do is 1 attack animation per pokemon, of said creature punching or biting the air.

Don't get me wrong, I love Pokemon games, but let's not glorify crap effort. Pokemon are fighting the air, most of their battlecries sound like a broken amplifier. Things can be better than that.
    one game having these or those animations doesn't matter. This game is known for minimalistic animations. Spore having animation doesn't mean that every other game made after it should have at least better animations.

Things can be different, but i don't know if it'll be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

SPORE came out like 10 years ago. You know, a game where you could make a creature and put 3 arms on its leg, and it worked. It used said arms to fight, pick food, do emotes.

Mind the fact that the game was made over 10 years ago. What was impressive at the time is freaking common right now. Simple autorigging software is available online, more expensive solutions are able to put 1000s of bones on damn buildings to create animations on their own. And yet, somehow autoanimating mostly 4-legged creatures to perform basic attacks on each other is beyond human comprehension. No, all we can do is 1 attack animation per pokemon, of said creature punching or biting the air.

Don't get me wrong, I love Pokemon games, but let's not glorify crap effort. Pokemon are fighting the air, most of their battlecries sound like a broken amplifier. Things can be better than that.
    Do you know how many years SPORE was in development?

8 years in development

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    one game having these or those animations doesn't matter. This game is known for minimalistic animations. Spore having animation doesn't mean that every other game made after it should have at least better animations.

Things can be different, but i don't know if it'll be better.
    Dunno, pokemon flailing at the air in 3D look very distracting and unfinished to me, actual animations would always look better to me. And yeah, I believe it's within the realm of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Do you know how many years SPORE was in development?

8 years in development
    Not sure if animation engine was the main reason. Even if, the technology for this sort of stuff is lightyears ahead.

Dunno, pokemon flailing at the air in 3D look very distracting and unfinished to me, actual animations would always look better to me. And yeah, I believe it's within the realm of possibility.

Not sure if animation engine was the main reason. Even if, the technology for this sort of stuff is lightyears ahead.
    It was a new thing. And new thing takes time to make. Once you have the tools, its much faster to create.
    Just look at phone evolution over a few years. Its similar with pc games.

Ah, people talking about Spore
    Besides, some animations look wierd even in "common" 2 and 4-legged creatures...
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTenko View Post
    Not gonna happen because Blizzard is gonna say "it's to hard to make a female model". Because they're terrified of creating females who are not cutesexy and disappointing the wanker segment of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I mean, there IS a starter Pokemon that is a fire type, in literally every game.
    My point seems to have gone somewhere above your head.
    You don't balance the 1st route, where you start out with 1 Pokemon out of 3, around just one of them. All 3 need to be viable if you want to at least pretend you did some balancing.