Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Pokemon games never get patched. Only if there is some bugged ability that can cause game to crash.
    It will be the 2nd Pokemon game for the switch. It has every capability of being patched.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Isn't it rather limiting to only be able to bring in pokemon from that region? (outside of the original batch). Are they considered invasive species?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Isn't it rather limiting to only be able to bring in pokemon from that region? (outside of the original batch). Are they considered invasive species?

In what world is an animal that provides top tier meat and wool for clothes an invasive species?
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-06-15 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    In what world is an animal that provides top tier meat and wool for clothes an invasive species?
    No not Wooloo. I'd heard that there are restrictions on which pokemon we can bring to the new region from previous games

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    No not Wooloo. I'd heard that there are restrictions on which pokemon we can bring to the new region from previous games
    You can't import Pokemon that aren't in the Galar regional Pokemon.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm also now giggling over the fact that people are complaining about the game's animations....when it's not even finished yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    I'm also now giggling over the fact that people are complaining about the game's animations....when it's not even finished yet.
    The presentation of the battles are a core design choice. If they were going to be anything other than the standard "Pokemon stand in their places, perform an animation, a special effect is applied to the other Pokemon and it plays the recoil animation" shtick, we would've seen it when it was first presented.

10+ Year Old Account

Same felling.

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    [IMG]https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/504/075/71f.gif[IMG]
    How is this not proving the point?

There's barely anything that Scorbunny does except look like it misses a skip in its animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

There's barely anything that Scorbunny does except look like it misses a skip in its animation.
    So showing that the animations for mons is worse than an almost 20 year old game is proving a point about the game not being finished yet?

15+ Year Old Account

https://i.imgur.com/D5tC8PO.mp4

xd

So showing that the animations for mons is worse than an almost 20 year old game is proving a point about the game not being finished yet?
    I'm...not sure how else to put that?
    Yes?

Like, if you take WoW for example, and you go "look, this spell is just shooting out a block on the PTR, but look in vanilla it used to do this animation", are you really going to go "Well, the PTR MUST be complete!".

No, you're going to realize something's off.

The game is still a few months off. Am I holding my breath for drastic changes, no.
    But comparing it to older completed games isn't proving their post wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Lets be honest its more impressive that Pikachu is even finding feet to kick with.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really a fighting game to have such animations. Sitting though them each time you order an attack would be a nightmare. Minimalistic animations with just sprites/sparkles added on top of them is kinda a thing for pokemon games, just removing it in favor of "better" (questionably) animations isn't worth it IMO. Honestly, i don't expect any animations to be in the game. It would be nice to have them, but not like those from Stadium game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's not really a fighting game to have such animations. Sitting though them each time you order an attack would be a nightmare. Minimalistic animations with just sprites/sparkles added on top of them is kinda a thing for pokemon games, just removing it in favor of "better" (questionably) animations isn't worth it IMO. Honestly, i don't expect any animations to be in the game. It would be nice to have them, but not like those from Stadium game.
    I'm not angry about the animations not being super flashy, but it'd be nice to see GF put even the slightest modicum of effort with the improved hardware they have access to.
    Yes?

Like, if you take WoW for example, and you go "look, this spell is just shooting out a block on the PTR, but look in vanilla it used to do this animation", are you really going to go "Well, the PTR MUST be complete!".

The game is still a few months off. Am I holding my breath for drastic changes, no.

Lets be honest its more impressive that Pikachu is even finding feet to kick with.
    Almost none of the attack animations have changed since X&Y.

In every pokemon game, there's an option to turn attack animations off. With these "amazing animations" we are getting in SwSH, it's almost like having that option on the entire time. Back before gen 6, these extremely minimalistic animations worked fine, as they were 2D flat sprites. Doing the same with the 3D models is visually jarring. And the pokemon main games are just as much a fighting game as pokemon stadium and colleseum. Now, if someone was expecting pokken tournament level of animations, that would be a bit unrealistic (though would be amazing to have such quality models and such for a mainline pokemon game).

It's not really a fighting game to have such animations. Sitting though them each time you order an attack would be a nightmare.
    SPORE came out like 10 years ago. You know, a game where you could make a creature and put 3 arms on its leg, and it worked. It used said arms to fight, pick food, do emotes.

Mind the fact that the game was made over 10 years ago. What was impressive at the time is freaking common right now. Simple autorigging software is available online, more expensive solutions are able to put 1000s of bones on damn buildings to create animations on their own. And yet, somehow autoanimating mostly 4-legged creatures to perform basic attacks on each other is beyond human comprehension. No, all we can do is 1 attack animation per pokemon, of said creature punching or biting the air.

Don't get me wrong, I love Pokemon games, but let's not glorify crap effort. Pokemon are fighting the air, most of their battlecries sound like a broken amplifier. Things can be better than that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes?

Its just sad theres no love being put into this series anymore. Pokemon is the whole reason im even here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    SPORE came out like 10 years ago. You know, a game where you could make a creature and put 3 arms on its leg, and it worked. It used said arms to fight, pick food, do emotes.

Mind the fact that the game was made over 10 years ago. What was impressive at the time is freaking common right now. Simple autorigging software is available online, more expensive solutions are able to put 1000s of bones on damn buildings to create animations on their own. And yet, somehow autoanimating mostly 4-legged creatures to perform basic attacks on each other is beyond human comprehension. No, all we can do is 1 attack animation per pokemon, of said creature punching or biting the air.

Don't get me wrong, I love Pokemon games, but let's not glorify crap effort. Pokemon are fighting the air, most of their battlecries sound like a broken amplifier. Things can be better than that.
    one game having these or those animations doesn't matter. This game is known for minimalistic animations. Spore having animation doesn't mean that every other game made after it should have at least better animations.

Things can be different, but i don't know if it'll be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post

Do you know how many years SPORE was in development?

8 years in development