Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Looks like there's dirt in the face.
    I've never seen someone with an aesthetically pleasing pattern of distinctly individual specks of dirt on their face. Freckles don't look anything like dirt.

Not that people without freckles are unattractive either, freckles are a complete non-game-changer for me.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

OP are you having self- esteem issues ?

real talk , coming here to this website to speak about it was an absolute horrible choice.

if somebody (or many people ) have called you beautiful when you think you 're not , there is an issue deeper at play here that cannot be answered as easily as "why do say ugly people are pretty "

let me ask YOU a question: do YOU do that? if not , why do you feel being brutally honest to a sensitive subject is the best course of action ?

not a well thought out post OP , not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    I don't know what that is supposed to mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like there's dirt in the face.
    I mean that rather than seeing the beauty in freckles, you only see the negative. Hence, dirt in the face.
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    why do we make them believe they are not ugly? if they are ugly... why should we not say they are ugly?
    People just like to be nice.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

The Patient
    I was born with a few conditions that made me quite ugly... I have no shame in accepting that fact, but I also don't go out of my way to call others ugly even if they are. But my wife of 8+ years insists that I don't look ugly, so I'm sure there's always perception to beauty.

Physical attraction is extremely subjective as countless others have pointed out.

eye of the beholder. What you consider ugly I might see as very appealing.

though tbh this thread started in such a shallow way without even an example of the standard the op meant, so can guess thats not a deep well.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Beauty is highly subjective.

Lying is easy and benefits both parties emotionally.
    Actually physical beauty is quantifiable, and is linked to symmetry. That being said, having a kind heart and being thoughtful and selfless are much more desirable traits in a friend/mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    why do we make them believe they are not ugly? if they are ugly... why should we not say they are ugly?
    We need photographic examples here.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    explain what is ugly.

is it someones face you find ugly? or is it because someone is fat and obese ?

in case one, its not something they can change or something they chose.

in other case, im with you! obesity is a problem and encouraging people who have it to do nothing is a bad thing.
    Beauty is subjective but it does have some common elements. Proportional and symmetry. It is possible to program a computer that will predict how attractive you are based on the researched proportions. Ugliness is how far away you are from these golden proportions and symmetry.

Pretty simple actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roxfm View Post
    I was born with a few conditions that made me quite ugly... I have no shame in accepting that fact, but I also don't go out of my way to call others ugly even if they are. But my wife of 8+ years insists that I don't look ugly, so I'm sure there's always perception to beauty.

Physical attraction is extremely subjective as countless others have pointed out.
    Science disagrees. There is some subjectivity but it is small. Not extreme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Actually physical beauty is quantifiable,
    But know one knows how to.

and is linked to symmetry. That being said, having a kind heart and being thoughtful and selfless are much more desirable traits in a friend/mate.
    I'm not sure if symmetry is the basis of beauty. Many things are symmetric and lack beauty. Spiders have symmetry yet are hideously disgusting. Asymmetric flowers can also be very aesthetically pleasing.

Well, you're ugly on the inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Because calling people ugly is proven to often have the opposite effect than a simple person who doesn't understand basic human psychology would think.

When you call someone ugly, that person usually doesn't use that as fuel to get better. They drive themselves mentally further downwards, and likely to eating or laziness or if it's purely a part of their physical features that are unsightly they'll just become even more self-conscious. They likely know that many people see them as ugly, and your input isn't valuable to them.

Sometimes your feelings for a person can increase their attractiveness level to you which is why many ugly actors and singers like Benedict Cumberbatch and Lady Gaga have people that say they are good looking when in reality they are either ugly or average looking.

It’s usually better to make people feel better, not worse. Especially when it comes to wholly personal issues.

It definitely shouldn’t be glorified like some do though.

Someone beautiful to you is ugly to someone else and someone ugly to them is beautiful to someone else and then both of them are ugly to many and beautiful to many and so forth.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Do we do that? I don't really see anyone telling ugly people that they are beautiful except maybe their parents. We just don't tell them they are ugly to their face because a) that's pointless, b) we have tact, c) it's cruel. I guess you don't mind being tactless and cruel but others might.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Same reason I don't call every other person a cunt. I might think they are one but it's not exactly a great way to operate within society
    Last edited by WonderZebra; 2019-02-28 at 08:37 AM.

That's kinda hard since beauty is subjective for the most part and someone you find very ugly is found very attractive by someone else. Sometimes there are people who the majority agree are attractive or unattractive but even then there will be people who think the opposite.

Also there's these things called manners. If you are going around straight up calling people ugly to their face maybe you should learn them.

I don't understand concept of someone being ugly or beautiful. I may like or dislike someones looks, but is there some sort of council that decides which features and combinations of features make a person beautiful or ugly? If so, where can i get familiar with such features?

Both "beautiful" and "ugly" words used in this context are empty words with no meaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Scarab Lord Leotheras the Blind's Avatar
    Who's we? I pride myself on being that guy that's, "Don't ask questions you don't want the answers to."
    You know, it's kinda funny. On this forum you can question and criticize celebrities, developers, even governments. But only two you will net you instant infractions; religion and the actions of moderators. Really puts into perspective the literal god complexes we're dealing with here.