Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    The Lightbringer msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusp View Post
    Flaws like this make people more interesting and distinctive, throwing a wrench in the gears of overall objective beauty. The fact that you can still fit all the criteria you mentioned with the other stereotypes and still have these genetic flaws helps to back that up.
    It's backed up even more when you over-analyze it.

    People say freckles are ugly, but what do freckles resemble? Stars in the sky. So surely people must think star filled skies are ugly as well? Freckles resemble a lot of things and whatever your mind perceives is 100% your idea. This is like the Laymen explanation of "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

    They find their ideal image of beauty to be the only thing that's beautiful because they just haven't felt anything else?

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No none of that is true. And to suggest as much is as much unscientific thinking as anything else. Even animals and primates to not follow the patterns you're talking about.

    Sure some features could lead to physical attraction at first sight as being attractive. But that in no way corerelates to objective views of beauty. Like at all.
    Dude, what are you smoking? I'm not saying that all traits we associate with a standard of beauty is objective. I literally outlined that fact in my OP.

    What I am saying is that different factors influence different cultural standards of beauty. I'm...not sure how you can even argue against this...
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2019-02-27 at 11:13 PM.

  3. #123
    The Lightbringer msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    My point is that it becomes a standard and thus a stereotype because there will always be traits that majority find attractive.
    So when you responded to me you were just repeating what I was saying? Okay then...

    My point: stereotype isn't an indicator of beauty, it's an indicator of popular features.
    Last edited by msdos; 2019-02-27 at 11:11 PM.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    You mean rocket science. Looks ain't all that matters. Not to everyone.
    it's a joke. And for the other point, haven't claimed such.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I was talking more about the cost of larger bra sizes not the fact that they help or not
    Also true. Ugh.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    It's backed up even more when you over-analyze it.

    People say freckles are ugly, but what do freckles resemble? Stars in the sky. So surely people must think star filled skies are ugly as well? Freckles resemble a lot of things and whatever your mind perceives is 100% your idea. This is like the Laymen explanation of "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

    They find their ideal image of beauty to be the only thing that's beautiful because they just haven't felt anything else?
    Uh, what? Stars in the sky? More like dirt in the face.

  7. #127
    The Unstoppable Force PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    21,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    We certainly know how certain traits become attractive. In many hunter-gatherer or other primitive societies, being overweight was seen as attractive because it meant that you had abundance. Long after humans first developed civilizations up to even modern day in some cultures, it became an attractive trait to be pale as that meant you did not have to work outside, but here in the West, many have come to find being darker or tan as more attractive to an event, because that must mean that person must have a lot of time for recreation.
    Yes there are evolutionary and memetic causes for attraction. But I'm more interested in the examples without those, for example why do I find some flowers beautiful when there's no genetic or cultural reason behind it. Nobody knows.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    So when you responded to me you were just repeating what I was saying? Okay then...
    "Stereotyped ideas" made it sound like people like something because of a stereotype rather than it's a stereotype because people like it.

    If that's not what you mean I guess I missunderstood.
    Curious what you meant by that comment if so.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-02-27 at 11:15 PM.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    It's backed up even more when you over-analyze it.

    People say freckles are ugly, but what do freckles resemble? Stars in the sky. So surely people must think star filled skies are ugly as well? Freckles resemble a lot of things and whatever your mind perceives is 100% your idea. This is like the Laymen explanation of "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

    They find their ideal image of beauty to be the only thing that's beautiful because they just haven't felt anything else?
    That sounds very poetic. I'm fairly certain you could probably find a plethora of poets that referred to the apple of their eye as having "eyes like sapphires" or "eyes like the ocean". Seeing someones flaws and insecurities as not flaws nor reasons to be insecure probably goes a long way in making someone like you, too.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Uh, what? Stars in the sky? More like dirt in the face.
    I take it you're not a romantic, then?
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Also the designs are generally bleh.
    And never as comfy as sports bras...

  11. #131
    because common decency used to be a thing
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I will dont worry.

    I have no intention of breeding. But forcing people I've grown up around to be sterilized given some of them would make better parents than most people have is fucking wrong. The people I dont know deserve a shot too. Can you at least backtrack on the force or coercive side of your point so I can move on instead of being reminded that people still want to do the whole eugenics thing?
    it was always an idea of "if cure is never an option"(and just a fanciful one at that, that i wouldn't even try to enact if i did ever have power, cause it'd just lead to conflict.)

    never the first choice. i'm sure cures for just anything will be available eventually.

    i mean, i don't see why eugenics for a greater good is a bad thing. i'd be the first one in line if i was told i needed it.

    also, @Puupi is who i was referring to about the sig. couldn't remember his name.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2019-02-27 at 11:38 PM.

  13. #133
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    35,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    why do we make them believe they are not ugly? if they are ugly... why should we not say they are ugly?
    What makes you the judge of another's looks? What makes you believe they are ugly were others might not?

    I don't always find models that beautiful either, but why should I call them ugly for that?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    A cure isnt an option. More effective treatments are being developed. Shit until the 60s my life expectancy would've been 13.

    It is a bad thing when it is enforced by law, coercion and violence. There are already a lot of things people with disabilities cant do. Why add to that list? I'd fucking love to immigrate but I cant.
    why in the world would immigration be an issue? don't see a need for that to be a hindrance to immigration.

    i don't think i'd like it to be forced ultimately, but advertised as a good option. sell people something long enough, ideas start to change.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    why do we make them believe they are not ugly? if they are ugly... why should we not say they are ugly?
    Why? Who told you that you were beautiful?
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

    We see you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

  16. #136
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    23,018
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it was always an idea of "if cure is never an option"(and just a fanciful one at that, that i wouldn't even try to enact if i did ever have power, cause it'd just lead to conflict.)

    never the first choice. i'm sure cures for just anything will be available eventually.

    i mean, i don't see why eugenics for a greater good is a bad thing. i'd be the first one in line if i was told i needed it.

    also, @Puupi is who i was referring to about the sig. couldn't remember his name.
    Should I be worried when I'm being mentioned in a discussion between Josuke and derpkitteh and the words eugenics and sterilization come to play?

    I have zero clue what's going on.

    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  17. #137
    Pandaren Monk MisterBigglez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    1,852
    I don't. I also don't say to them that they're ugly.

  18. #138
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    23,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I have a long running beef about derpkitteh wanting me to be sterilized
    Hah! As I said in the other thread, derpkitteh is one of my favourite posters. Doing the Lord's work!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Should I be worried when I'm being mentioned in a discussion between Josuke and derpkitteh and the words eugenics and sterilization come to play?

    I have zero clue what's going on.

    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  20. #140
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    23,018
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.
    Annnnnd off to the sig you go!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •