Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Should I be worried when I'm being mentioned in a discussion between Josuke and derpkitteh and the words eugenics and sterilization come to play?

    I have zero clue what's going on.

    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.
    Annnnnd off to the sig you go!

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    But it is. Governments just see you as a cost. So do employers. I'm stuck where I am for the rest of my life. I can get tourist visas but I cant get working ones in most countries and I can permanently immigrate

    I'd rather see not breeding in general be advertised rather than targetting it towards people with disabilities
    well, i'd rather see normal people breed more, countries sustain their own populations so they aren't lost.

    though if it were up to me, a disability wouldn't stop immigration, just your ability to work, and the level at which you could work. you seem like you could work without issue.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Hah! As I said in the other thread, derpkitteh is one of my favourite posters. Doing the Lord's work!
    So I can add you to the list of people who want me sterilized?

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    So I can add you to the list of people who want me sterilized?
    There's a......​list?

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, i'd rather see normal people breed more, countries sustain their own populations so they aren't lost.

    though if it were up to me, a disability wouldn't stop immigration, just your ability to work, and the level at which you could work. you seem like you could work without issue.
    I seem like I could work without issue? That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me. But it isn't true :/

    I'm a normal person :s

  7. #167
    Bloodsail Admiral Magical Mudcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    All across Nirn.
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i mean, i don't see why eugenics for a greater good is a bad thing. i'd be the first one in line if i was told i needed it.
    It's good to know that you would be OK with simply removing people that some in your culture/social groups consider undesirable from the breeding population. You would have done well in 1940's Europe with that mentality.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

  8. #168
    Scarab Lord crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    4,554
    I only find people with an adequate amount of muscle to be attractive.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I seem like I could work without issue? That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me. But it isn't true :/

    I'm a normal person :s
    there's plenty of jobs in the US you can do completely through the computer.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    There's a......​list?
    Not really. But I dunno I do tend to keep in mind people who want people with genetic disorders sterilized.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    there's plenty of jobs in the US you can do completely through the computer.
    The US would never let me in. Like I'd have a better chance of moving to North Korea.

    Besides the work I'm trained in is physical in nature.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    The US would never let me in. Like I'd have a better chance of moving to North Korea.

    Besides the work I'm trained in is physical in nature.
    eh, well, there's always re-training.

    not like you really need training to work in a call center or something though.

    but in your case, canada would probably be a better option, since they got a healthcare system. or australia actually, their healthcare system is better i think? can't remember which.

    we're deep in that offtopic range though, i'll be shutting up.

  12. #172
    People still out here talking this subjectivity bullshit like there isn't a clear correlation between looks and favorable genes. Or how having unfavorable characteristics through life choices (like being unfit) is repulsive due to our very biology making it so.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    eh, well, there's always re-training.

    not like you really need training to work in a call center or something though.

    but in your case, canada would probably be a better option, since they got a healthcare system. or australia actually, their healthcare system is better i think? can't remember which.

    we're deep in that offtopic range though, i'll be shutting up.
    Neither of those countries will accept me. I tried

  14. #174
    Some men like women with big asses, others don't. I personally find fat asses ugly... it is all subjective, but I ain't going to speak down on someone just because; that's just pathetic.

    On the otherhand, when it comes to health choices and making it as a norm I won't remain quiet about. Such as obese PlusSize being beautiful and to be proud of. Fuck that. Should we let drug users to be proud of their addictions? Thought not... it is destructive behaviour, and should not be encouraged!
    Last edited by Daedius; 2019-02-28 at 12:09 AM.

  15. #175
    The Insane PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18,246
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i mean, i don't see why eugenics for a greater good is a bad thing. i'd be the first one in line if i was told i needed it.
    Eugenics is already working properly. Parents can abort a fetus if a disorder is found early enough.

    Positive selection eugenics can't work because it requires the geneticist to pick a criteria to improve at the cost of all the other criteria.

  16. #176
    Bloodsail Admiral Magical Mudcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    All across Nirn.
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Not really. But I dunno I do tend to keep in mind people who want people with genetic disorders sterilized.
    What I find awkward about it is that eugenics was primarily developed as a form of racial hygiene and has repeatedly been brought forward by pro-ethnostate groups for the last 100~years as a form of racial cleansing that they can try and sell as scientifically reasonable and acceptable (Note, for any racists: It very much isn't reasonable or acceptable). Yet, even while knowing this, there's no humility when people bring up eugenics as a concept, they just throw it out there as though it's an acceptable suggestion in any situation.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Eugenics is already working properly. Parents can abort a fetus if a disorder is found early enough.

    Positive selection eugenics can't work because it requires the geneticist to pick a criteria to improve at the cost of all the other criteria.
    That's not what eugenics is. Eugenics is in regards to breeding and eliminating people with undesirable traits from the breeding pool, not parents having the ability to abort offspring with genetic defects.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

  17. #177
    The Insane PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    People still out here talking this subjectivity bullshit like there isn't a clear correlation between looks and favorable genes. Or how having unfavorable characteristics through life choices (like being unfit) is repulsive due to our very biology making it so.
    It's the plague of relativism. Because we don't yet know about the laws of aesthetics, some people jump to the conclusion that all things are equally beautiful.

  18. #178
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    You mean rocket science. Looks ain't all that matters. Not to everyone.
    No, he means rocket appliances.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Uh, what? Stars in the sky? More like dirt in the face.
    Freckles are cute as fuck on girls, what are you on about.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  19. #179
    Over 9000!
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    9,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusp View Post
    I take it you're not a romantic, then?
    I don't know what that is supposed to mean.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post

    Freckles are cute as fuck on girls, what are you on about.
    Looks like there's dirt in the face.

  20. #180
    The Insane PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    What I find awkward about it is that eugenics was primarily developed as a form of racial hygiene and has repeatedly been brought forward by pro-ethnostate groups for the last 100~years as a form of racial cleansing that they can try and sell as scientifically reasonable and acceptable (Note, for any racists: It very much isn't reasonable or acceptable). Yet, even while knowing this, there's no humility when people bring up eugenics as a concept, they just throw it out there as though it's an acceptable suggestion in any situation.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That's not what eugenics is. Eugenics is in regards to breeding and eliminating people with undesirable traits from the breeding pool, not parents having the ability to abort offspring with genetic defects.
    Depends which definition you use. Some of them don't clarify that eugenics only refers to those already born.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •