Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Sometimes your feelings for a person can increase their attractiveness level to you which is why many ugly actors and singers like Benedict Cumberbatch and Lady Gaga have people that say they are good looking when in reality they are either ugly or average looking.

15+ Year Old Account
    It’s usually better to make people feel better, not worse. Especially when it comes to wholly personal issues.

It definitely shouldn’t be glorified like some do though.

Someone beautiful to you is ugly to someone else and someone ugly to them is beautiful to someone else and then both of them are ugly to many and beautiful to many and so forth.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Same reason I don't call every other person a cunt. I might think they are one but it's not exactly a great way to operate within society
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2019-02-28 at 08:37 AM.

That's kinda hard since beauty is subjective for the most part and someone you find very ugly is found very attractive by someone else. Sometimes there are people who the majority agree are attractive or unattractive but even then there will be people who think the opposite.

Also there's these things called manners. If you are going around straight up calling people ugly to their face maybe you should learn them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand concept of someone being ugly or beautiful. I may like or dislike someones looks, but is there some sort of council that decides which features and combinations of features make a person beautiful or ugly? If so, where can i get familiar with such features?

Both "beautiful" and "ugly" words used in this context are empty words with no meaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I mean, what's the point of telling someone that they aren't conventionally attractive? To make them feel bad for their genes? To make yourself feel better? To have a laugh?

There's something pretty about everyone. I've met people that aren't the prettiest, but they have really nice hair that just does whatever they want in any style. I've met people who just have perfect unblemished skin, which is a gene I wish I had. There are people who may not have a great jawline, but they have perfect teeth. I knew someone who didn't have a pretty face, but she had gorgeous ocean-colored eyes with huge natural eyelashes.

There's no good reason to try to tear someone down for how they look - whether it was their choice to look that way or not. Looks are important to people, and even if they don't think they're pretty, someone else might think so. If you called anyone ugly, no matter what they or anyone else felt about them, it would just hurt their feelings. It just makes you look like an asshole for saying it at all. That's probably not how you want to be remembered.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see the point in telling someone that he/she is beautiful if he/she is not. The best thing would be just keep silent about the deal.

The problem is promoting terrible lifestyles like obesity as if they were a way to be beautiful. Telling others they are beautiful is stupid the moment it becomes dangerous for their well being.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone has a flaw that they can be called out on. But Ugliness is easy to identify. Calling someone ugly usually has no beneficial consequences, and usually has many negative consequences. Sane people act rationally, and calling people out on their ugliness is usually a no-go because of this reason. Also, calling people beautiful when they're not has a much higher chance of providing positive consequences for each individual.
    Last edited by Helgrimm; 2019-02-28 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Your idea that those are universal is a stumbling block.
    I will assume you don't know about it. Yes there are traits that the human specie is more attracted to. In general, almost all species are more attracted to healthy mates. Of course there are exception to all rules. People finding obese people good looking is an example of an exception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    why do we make them believe they are not ugly? if they are ugly... why should we not say they are ugly?
    ok, you forced my hand. You are an ugly person.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    why do we make them believe they are not ugly? if they are ugly... why should we not say they are ugly?
    So we don't have to feel so bad for them. It's not like anyone actually cares, they just want to feel less uncomfortable about other peoples appearance. Same thing with mental disabilities and handicaps when people say "oh they're so strong!" or "they're so intelligent" or whatever. It's just so they don't have to feel bad about the wierdos.
    And it disgusts me.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    What traits are universally attractive?
    Looking healthy is one of them.

You're bad at WoW and you hate being told so, you shrug it off as ''it's just a game I don't care'' but at the same time you're not grateful for the comments.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a motivational poster my university likes to post everywhere
    “It’s better to be kind then to be right”
    Personally I wouldn’t call any one ugly or beautiful to their face regardless

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Megitsune View Post
    That's kinda hard since beauty is subjective for the most part and someone you find very ugly is found very attractive by someone else. Sometimes there are people who the majority agree are attractive or unattractive but even then there will be people who think the opposite.

Also there's these things called manners. If you are going around straight up calling people ugly to their face maybe you should learn them.
    Random: The girl that your avatar is based off of? Definitely not ugly. She's super freaking gorgeous.

I dont think we should call ugly people ugly, we should just avoid saying it. Unless they are asking for our honesty. Then ya, tell em but be nice about it.

Telling ugly people that they are beautiful is wrong too. Just leaves them thinking something like "ok I dont feel beautiful but they keep telling me I am so idk what to believe." I think ppl say it because it makes themselves feel better.

Some people are ugly from the outside, but their energy and behaviour make interesting and loved.

Some people are beautiful from the outside, but their bad behaviour eclipses the beauty of their body or their faces.

Body beauty isn't everything, but helps a lot. People who haven't been gifted with beauty by the gene pool can compensate on other issues if they want to. Besides, people aren't also beautiful forever. People age and their beauty vanishes.

I believe the OP should focus on the more important things in life instead of this shallow issue of exterior beauty.

I can't imagine not understanding what it means for something to be subjective...

You don't wife a 10.
    You don't wife a 1.

You wife a 6-7, maybe 8 (Jessica Nigri is totally wife material for me and I consider her an 8).