Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    We certainly know how certain traits become attractive. In many hunter-gatherer or other primitive societies, being overweight was seen as attractive because it meant that you had abundance. Long after humans first developed civilizations up to even modern day in some cultures, it became an attractive trait to be pale as that meant you did not have to work outside, but here in the West, many have come to find being darker or tan as more attractive to an event, because that must mean that person must have a lot of time for recreation.
    Yes there are evolutionary and memetic causes for attraction. But I'm more interested in the examples without those, for example why do I find some flowers beautiful when there's no genetic or cultural reason behind it. Nobody knows.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    So when you responded to me you were just repeating what I was saying? Okay then...
    "Stereotyped ideas" made it sound like people like something because of a stereotype rather than it's a stereotype because people like it.

If that's not what you mean I guess I missunderstood.
    Curious what you meant by that comment if so.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-02-27 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    It's backed up even more when you over-analyze it.

People say freckles are ugly, but what do freckles resemble? Stars in the sky. So surely people must think star filled skies are ugly as well? Freckles resemble a lot of things and whatever your mind perceives is 100% your idea. This is like the Laymen explanation of "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

They find their ideal image of beauty to be the only thing that's beautiful because they just haven't felt anything else?
    That sounds very poetic. I'm fairly certain you could probably find a plethora of poets that referred to the apple of their eye as having "eyes like sapphires" or "eyes like the ocean". Seeing someones flaws and insecurities as not flaws nor reasons to be insecure probably goes a long way in making someone like you, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Uh, what? Stars in the sky? More like dirt in the face.
    I take it you're not a romantic, then?
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Also the designs are generally bleh.
    And never as comfy as sports bras...

because common decency used to be a thing
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

I will dont worry.

I have no intention of breeding. But forcing people I've grown up around to be sterilized given some of them would make better parents than most people have is fucking wrong. The people I dont know deserve a shot too. Can you at least backtrack on the force or coercive side of your point so I can move on instead of being reminded that people still want to do the whole eugenics thing?
    it was always an idea of "if cure is never an option"(and just a fanciful one at that, that i wouldn't even try to enact if i did ever have power, cause it'd just lead to conflict.)

never the first choice. i'm sure cures for just anything will be available eventually.

i mean, i don't see why eugenics for a greater good is a bad thing. i'd be the first one in line if i was told i needed it.

also, @Puupi is who i was referring to about the sig. couldn't remember his name.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2019-02-27 at 11:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    why do we make them believe they are not ugly? if they are ugly... why should we not say they are ugly?
    What makes you the judge of another's looks? What makes you believe they are ugly were others might not?

I don't always find models that beautiful either, but why should I call them ugly for that?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

A cure isnt an option. More effective treatments are being developed. Shit until the 60s my life expectancy would've been 13.

It is a bad thing when it is enforced by law, coercion and violence. There are already a lot of things people with disabilities cant do. Why add to that list? I'd fucking love to immigrate but I cant.
    why in the world would immigration be an issue? don't see a need for that to be a hindrance to immigration.

i don't think i'd like it to be forced ultimately, but advertised as a good option. sell people something long enough, ideas start to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    why do we make them believe they are not ugly? if they are ugly... why should we not say they are ugly?
    Why? Who told you that you were beautiful?
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it was always an idea of "if cure is never an option"(and just a fanciful one at that, that i wouldn't even try to enact if i did ever have power, cause it'd just lead to conflict.)

never the first choice. i'm sure cures for just anything will be available eventually.

i mean, i don't see why eugenics for a greater good is a bad thing. i'd be the first one in line if i was told i needed it.

also, @Puupi is who i was referring to about the sig. couldn't remember his name.
    Should I be worried when I'm being mentioned in a discussion between Josuke and derpkitteh and the words eugenics and sterilization come to play?

I have zero clue what's going on.

i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't. I also don't say to them that they're ugly.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a long running beef about derpkitteh wanting me to be sterilized
    Hah! As I said in the other thread, derpkitteh is one of my favourite posters. Doing the Lord's work!
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Should I be worried when I'm being mentioned in a discussion between Josuke and derpkitteh and the words eugenics and sterilization come to play?

I have zero clue what's going on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Annnnnd off to the sig you go!

But it is. Governments just see you as a cost. So do employers. I'm stuck where I am for the rest of my life. I can get tourist visas but I cant get working ones in most countries and I can permanently immigrate

I'd rather see not breeding in general be advertised rather than targetting it towards people with disabilities
    well, i'd rather see normal people breed more, countries sustain their own populations so they aren't lost.

though if it were up to me, a disability wouldn't stop immigration, just your ability to work, and the level at which you could work. you seem like you could work without issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I can add you to the list of people who want me sterilized?
    There's a......​list?

7+ Year Old Account
    It's good to know that you would be OK with simply removing people that some in your culture/social groups consider undesirable from the breeding population. You would have done well in 1940's Europe with that mentality.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    I only find people with an adequate amount of muscle to be attractive.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I seem like I could work without issue? That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me. But it isn't true :/

I'm a normal person :s
    there's plenty of jobs in the US you can do completely through the computer.

The US would never let me in. Like I'd have a better chance of moving to North Korea.

Besides the work I'm trained in is physical in nature.
    eh, well, there's always re-training.

not like you really need training to work in a call center or something though.

but in your case, canada would probably be a better option, since they got a healthcare system. or australia actually, their healthcare system is better i think? can't remember which.

we're deep in that offtopic range though, i'll be shutting up.