Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Weird Feet - are you weird in the same way?

So when I was around 6 years old I walked over a bunch of glass. My mother says I didn't really react much considering what I'd just done.

That is the only odd occurance regarding my feet in my life.

I'm 30 now and my feet don't get cold anywhere near the rate of your average person.

I have never liked shoes (I go with flip flops unless it is absurdly cold).

I can walk in the snow or on ice without any real problems for at least 20 minutes, or longer, depending on the temperature. In the summer, I prefer to jog barefoot. The bottoms of my feet are unusually thick aside from the arches.

Does anyone else have this? Someone you know?

10+ Year Old Account
    BURN THE WITCH!!!!

Seriously though no. My feet get cold hella easy. Also, I don't really ask other people about their feet, or talk to them about mine.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    BURN THE WITCH!!!!

Seriously though no. My feet get cold hella easy. Also, I don't really ask other people about their feet, or talk to them about mine.
    hahaha yeah I know it's weird. None of my friends have it so I'm asking online because...why not? My doctor has confirmed it's not harmful. I don't have any disorders or other issues that explain why my feet are....freakish lol so why not ask the internet?! I can't be the only one, right?

Are they numb? Sounds like neuropathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Are they numb? Sounds like neuropathy.
    no, they're not numb at all. The bottoms of my feet on the pads (?? idk the name. The arch is still sensitive) are much thicker than the average person. I don't really have a way to describe these parts that isn't super...creepy?

As far as hot and cold - no, I can feel it perfectly fine. I feel that my feet are cold and getting colder. However, feeling like I need to get them warm happens far later than normal.

My feet are almost completely flat. Does that count?

You must take this special ability and harness , train it and form some sort of league for other extraordinary people focus on Justice , right the wrongs that people with cold feet never could, dont fear a pebble that comes across you path , like these weaklings with fragile feet too dumb to wear shoes ever could
    you have a duty to mankind

Sounds like you're a hobbit.

That's certainly not usual, but far from unheard of. Skin can vary in thickness considerably, on different parts of the body. You just happen to have it at the soles of your feet, which is probably an atavism from a time where humans had much thicker soles. It's little different from, say, someone having more hair than usual in certain places most people don't normally have a lot, like e.g. the back of your hand.

I have a friend who is like this, her feet are always hot. There are genetic conditions associated with this. She is of Welsh/Nordic descent so I'm assuming it's the Nordic genes.

I have Polish/Czech/Hungarian genes which did jack shit for me growing up in Alaska, I was always cold.

Quote Originally Posted by nymphetsss View Post
    You must take this special ability and harness , train it and form some sort of league for other extraordinary people focus on Justice , right the wrongs that people with cold feet never could, dont fear a pebble that comes across you path , like these weaklings with fragile feet too dumb to wear shoes ever could
    you have a duty to mankind
    Yes, my master

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I have a friend who is like this, her feet are always hot. There are genetic conditions associated with this. She is of Welsh/Nordic descent so I'm assuming it's the Nordic genes.

I have Polish/Czech/Hungarian genes which did jack shit for me growing up in Alaska, I was always cold.
    I'm Greek as far back as we know so I shouldn't really be cool with cold (ha! I had a clever). Being vulnerable to the cold in Alaska sounds like a bizarre punishment a court in Florida would give.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smiteme12 View Post
    Sounds like you're a hobbit.
    I AM 5' tall soooo

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's no different than working your hands constantly and having big callouses on them. I'm sure genes have something to do with it too, but if you walk around barefoot a lot you're going to develop extra and tougher skin naturally. I had a friend growing up who could literally run through the woods or on gravel roads without harming his feet. The soles of my feet were never that tough, but I could keep up with him somewhat while barefoot in the woods.

My feet naturally feel warm all the time and even in the midst of a Canadian winter, it's super rare for me to wear socks. Even when my feet are cold, I just personally like them feeling like that as opposed to having socks on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you have diabetes?

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you necro this thread with your weird feet?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adapt, improvise, overcome. That's basically what your feet did.

Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    Maybe you have diabetes?
    I do not. I should mention I CAN feel things. I can feel a pin or something I don't want to freaking feel, I can feel cold and hot. My difference comes from the contrast to friends I've had and my comparison to their "norms".

I can totally feel when something sharp happens and I react how anyone would. I can feel hot and cold, from my big toe to my pinky. The difference is that I can expose my tootsies to seemingly extreme temperatures compared to people I know.

I've played a game of hockey on ice, barefoot and not had any problems. I'm much more comfy jogging barefoot in spring or fall than I am with shoes on and it's perfectly fine. No injuries.

Winter is another matter, there are times it is actually too cold and I feel this....burn? I know it's cold but it's a burn feel like I've touched something far too hot.

As you mentioned you jog barefooted and don't prefer shoes. That's all, your feet got used to it and grow a thicker layer. I spent my youth on a farm, i could run on the cornfield barefooted and didn't feel a thing. I became a cityboy since a few years, wearing shoes 10+ hours a day. Last weekend i could barely walk on the grass in my garden because every small nodule hurt my feet like hell.

I am extremely flexible and double-jointed with over extensions which mean my arms and knees can bend the opposite way to some degree. I can do the usual weird shite like legs behind head etc. When people put their arm as straight as possible it’s usually straight mine can bend the over way by quite some distance.

I can use my right hand to shake your right hand, I can use my right hand but bend it backwards to shake your left hand.

The piece de resistance however is, I can face you with my feet facing forward like normal but I can then turn them around so my feet are behind me facing the complete opposite way whilst I still face you.

I don't know about walking barefoot in snow lol, but my feet also don't really get cold. At least I think they don't, because I often hear people talk about wearing socks even when sleeping for example because their feet "get cold", which I really can't relate to. Even in freezing weather if I am shivering at a train stop, my feet at least are perfectly fine in sneakers or whatever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    So when I was around 6 years old I walked over a bunch of glass. My mother says I didn't really react much considering what I'd just done.

That is the only odd occurance regarding my feet in my life.

I'm 30 now and my feet don't get cold anywhere near the rate of your average person.

I have never liked shoes (I go with flip flops unless it is absurdly cold).

I can walk in the snow or on ice without any real problems for at least 20 minutes, or longer, depending on the temperature. In the summer, I prefer to jog barefoot. The bottoms of my feet are unusually thick aside from the arches.

Does anyone else have this? Someone you know?
    Yes, cavemen.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.