Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Momo scaring Children

A figure than randomly appears in Peppa Pig, Fortnite & Children Videos on the internet is freaking out young Children

The Figure called Momo is a creepy looking character that instruct Children to harm themselves.
    Otherwise, it will come around to the house & kill the kids parents.

It kind of reminds me of that scary movie called "The Ring".

Anyone know anything about this Momo challenge freaky thing?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12208006

The "Momo" character - a scary doll's face holding a knife - interrupts shows and threatens viewers.
    It has appeared on Fortnite, Peppa Pig and other popular YouTube videos and warns children if they tell their parents then their family will die.

After suspecting her children had accidentally watched it, Ashby of Auckland New Zealand held up a photo of Momo, asking if they knew who it was.
    Suddenly, her children burst into tears saying: "It's scaring me, we're sorry, stop saying her name, we're going to be killed."

"My 7-year-old son was hanging out with his friends at school watching Fortnite gameplay videos and about 14 minutes into the video Momo popped up and said: 'If you tell anybody I'm going to kill your mum and dad'," Ashby told the Herald.

"All of the boys stood up shocked. My boy wanted to tell the teacher and tell us but after hearing Momo threatening their families they didn't end up telling anybody ... they were too scared they would get their family killed.

"When I sat them down and showed them a photo, my 5-year-old daughter jumped into my arms crying, saying 'she's coming now'. My son begged us to move house and said we had to move before Momo comes."

And Momo has turned up in a California on Facebooks whats app

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/momo-ch...a-mother-says/

https://www.heart.co.uk/lifestyle/pa...old-girl-hair/

Seriously, I thought this was over last year.

(although if someone is at it again, that would explain this junk popping up in wholly unrelated searches yesterday)

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what happens when careless parents let the internet raise their children without supervision or parental blocks

Bunch of internet trolls fucking with kids. Newest version of people that should be put down.

Talk to your kids to make sure they tell you if they ever feel uncomfortable abt something they watch. Make sure they know you can tell them anything. Monitor your kids tablet use. If your kids off in another room by themselves watching videos by themself while you are actively ignoring them, you are doing it wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why are parents giving their children access to internet?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    cuz it'S easier to shut them up then actually doing something with them
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    The people that cause this end up proving something. By finding ways to skip things into things classed as children's entertainment so that children see it and effected by it, it's proving the fact that A: the online children's entertainment services are flawed by human design, and B: parents aren't doing their jobs.

Only a problem to parents who feed their kids, but don't raise them. Keep tabs on what your child does, teach them the difference between reality and fiction, make sure they feel safe enough to talk to you about anything, etc. If you can't do that, well... you shouldn't have had children.

some trolls need a fucking bullet to the head.

or put in a prison where the guards accidentally on purpose don't watch them around the inmates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    Pretty much. And that's why trolls do it, to show how useless these parents are

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    Yeah, but like even in the article itself - a 7 year old is watching Fortnite videos.

Why is a 7 year old watching Fortnite videos?

That's so fucking irresponsible parenting.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This is what happens when careless parents let the internet raise their children without supervision or parental blocks
    That's not necessarily true. It's not like kids are clicking on a "momo video". They are taking episodes of children's shows (Paw patrol, Seasame street, etc) and 15 mins into the show, they are splicing in a 20-30 sec momo video that comes on then goes back to the normal show and uploading this video to Youtube Kid's which is supposed to be monitored. But if the parent isn't watching every second of every show with their kid, they will have never seen it, and obviously a 5 year old isn't going to know how to report a video to youtube and will likely not be caught nor likely to be flagged in general by Youtube kids monitoring since youtube would not likely notice it being only 3% of the video.

Regardless, I'm just not letting my kid have access to any content creator loaded sites just for this reason.

Because that's the next evolution of throwing them in front of the TV and letting that raise them.

Yeah, but like even in the article itself - a 7 year old is watching Fortnite videos.

Why is a 7 year old watching Fortnite videos?

That's so fucking irresponsible parenting.
    i mean fortnite is a game with low levels of violence its cartoony it's all sorts of colorful parents probably think lil timmy will shut the hell up for 10 minutes if they let them watch youtube, i remember days where my dad took his extra time after working to talk to us kids and help out with homework and on weekends we went out on trips or visiting relatives and their kids.
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Why is this a problem?

It's a gag. No different from a jump scare.

remember when pranks had some honor to them? they were funny, and harmless if pulled off properly.

this kind of shit is the same as putting bits of glass in halloween candy
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I mean, it sorta is true. YouTube isn’t a place for young kids to be watching TV. Common knowledge would tell you that anyone can upload a kids cartoon video and edit it in anyway.
    I agree, but the I would assume the majority of population would think that because it's "Youtube Kid's" vs normal "Youtube" that it implies it is safer and more regulated, but obviously nothing is ever air tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Tim View Post
    Why is this a problem?

It's a gag. No different from a jump scare.
    there used to be some boundaries. now baby dick adults are scaring kids. thats the problem.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnyride View Post
    I agree, but the I would assume the majority of population would think that because it's "Youtube Kid's" vs normal "Youtube" that it implies it is safer and more regulated, but obviously nothing is ever air tight.
    Unless they prevent uploads until someone has gone over it with a fine tooth comb, there will always be someone trying to sneak a picture of a dick into the stack.