Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    there used to be some boundaries. now baby dick adults are scaring kids. thats the problem.
    When... I want you to name this magical time.

it was called the 60's, when pranks included german shepherds and fire hoses...nevermind bad example.

w/e maybe its just me. my pranks are for the lolz not for the scarez
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

15+ Year Old Account
    My parents let me use the internet, play games etc. just as much as I wanted. They were ignorant and totally clueless what internet was and what kind of games I was playing. Luckily internet wasn't such a bad place back then when I was a kid. This was very bad parenting, but they weren't basing their decision on malevolence, but ignorance.

Now, parents today know what internet is like, how terrible place it is and how much totally fucked up shit and straight out dangerous stuff there is. How violent and disturbing games there are.

Yet they let their children use internet and play such games. Fucking pieces of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Again with the victim blaming ...
    The fact that some parents are not up to their game doesn't change the fact that some dipshit are wasting air and being overall nuisances.
    You don't need to do that kind of crap to prove a point. That's not why they're doing it.

Also, as said, unless you 24/7 stay with your kid, you cannot monitor everything he'll be exposed to.
    A solution lies in (as said also) briefing them and making sure they don't have access to internet before they're mature enough to know how to deal with such a problem (ie stop watching, warn parent, do not panic)

Still ... I can't believe the petty evilness of some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    My parents let me use the internet, play games etc. just as much as I wanted. They were ignorant and totally clueless what internet was and what kind of games I was playing. Luckily internet wasn't such a bad place back then when I was a kid. This was very bad parenting, but they weren't basing their decision on malevolence, but ignorance.

Now, parents today know what internet is like, how terrible place it is and how much totally fucked up shit and straight out dangerous stuff there is. How violent and disturbing games there are.

Yet they let their children use internet and play such games. Fucking pieces of shit.
    yes blame everyone except the scum bags that are actually putting this material on youtube under the guise of a childrens video.

do you blame the parents for the coach / doctor / uncle / cousin / random jackass that touches their kid the wrong way? or do you blame the scum bag?

has anybody found some example of these videos with momo in it? so far I only found news reports and clickbaits :\

yes blame everyone except the scum bags that are actually putting this material on youtube under the guise of a childrens video.

do you blame the parents for the coach / doctor / uncle / cousin / random jackass that touches their kid the wrong way? or do you blame the scum bag?
    This isn't on par with sexual assault. Kids don't get scared for life by someone surprising them and yelling boo.

remember when pranks had some honor to them? they were funny, and harmless if pulled off properly.

this kind of shit is the same as putting bits of glass in halloween candy
    That is also a hoax. The stories about glass, razor blades etc never happened. There is one case of poison in Halloween candy but it was a parent poisoning his own child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh is it the newest thing that outrages stupid concerned parents? Interesting. They do know that there'll be something new two months from now, and if they just wait this one particular thing is going away by itself, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrundi View Post
    Again with the victim blaming ...
    The fact that some parents are not up to their game doesn't change the fact that some dipshit are wasting air and being overall nuisances.
    You don't need to do that kind of crap to prove a point. That's not why they're doing it.
    This momo thing is of course evil and the people doing this are wasting air. Still, this momo shit is nothing compared to the actual fucked up shit that's all over the internet, including normal youtube.
    So why are they making such a huge deal out of this​?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Tim View Post
    This isn't on par with sexual assault. Kids don't get scared for life by someone surprising them and yelling boo.
    this isnt popping out with a boo dude, lol. these are specific directions and demands. did you miss the part where it's telling them to harm themselves or their parents?

oh, shit, i forgot that one time someone popped out and said boo to me i went and drowned a litter of kittens. you're right

15+ Year Old Account

Both are to blame, parents and the scumbag. Parents for letting the opportunity to rise for such a thing, and the perpetrator for doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    That is also a hoax. The stories about glass, razor blades etc never happened. There is one case of poison in Halloween candy but it was a parent poisoning his own child.
    there was a story just this past halloween in my city where someone put shards of steel in candy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnyride View Post
    That's not necessarily true. It's not like kids are clicking on a "momo video". They are taking episodes of children's shows (Paw patrol, Seasame street, etc) and 15 mins into the show, they are splicing in a 20-30 sec momo video that comes on then goes back to the normal show and uploading this video to Youtube Kid's which is supposed to be monitored. But if the parent isn't watching every second of every show with their kid, they will have never seen it, and obviously a 5 year old isn't going to know how to report a video to youtube and will likely not be caught nor likely to be flagged in general by Youtube kids monitoring since youtube would not likely notice it being only 3% of the video.

Regardless, I'm just not letting my kid have access to any content creator loaded sites just for this reason.
    Yeah so like I say, irresponsible parents leaving their kids to be babysat by the internet and not watching what their watching.

This wasn't an issue when I was a kid, because things like Disney vhs tapes, children's television, and pre recorded entertainment was monitored by companies releasing them. Today parents let children watch things online without supervision allowing people to slip this shit in
    Last edited by Trassk; 2019-02-28 at 02:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    It was a bad place back then too

I guess you weren't into chat rooms
    Chat rooms back then were mild and yes, I was there.

Also, reading some naughty or disturbing text lines is entirely different than watching photos/video of all kinds of wicked shit.

Both are to blame, parents and the scumbag. Parents for letting the opportunity to rise for such a thing, and the perpetrator for doing it.
    fair enough. problem with this kind of stuff is that it could happen to anyone. it could happen to the kid that gets to watch youtube for hours, it could happen to the kid that only gets to watch a video or for a set amount of time a day.

this hits close to home for me because i have kids that love to watch the little LoL (doll not game) videos and stuff like that. i used to think it was great, because they would watch a couple videos then they would go play with their little dolls the same way. i felt it was supporting a little imagination growth. im not so sure anymore....

they say they havent seen momo though

This momo thing is of course evil and the people doing this are wasting air. Still, this momo shit is nothing compared to the actual fucked up shit that's all over the internet, including normal youtube.
    So why are they making such a huge deal out of this​?
    This is different. The fucked up shit of internet stays where it belongs. You have to look for it, or at the very least be aware that you leave shallow waters.

This is targeting kids on "their" turf. It's deception. And not merely scary stuff. Incitations to suicide and self harm. You really have to be the lowest of the low to do that kind of crap. If only they applied their own advice

this isnt popping out with a boo dude, lol. these are specific directions and demands. did you miss the part where it's telling them to harm themselves or their parents?

oh, shit, i forgot that one time someone popped out and said boo to me i went and drowned a litter of kittens. you're right
    Kids are dumb but not that dumb or capable in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Tim View Post
    Kids are dumb but not that dumb or capable in most cases.
    See, you say that. But those girls that stabbed their friend for Slenderman.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Duuuude, chat rooms weren’t mild... there were some actual predators on there. I remember at 13 years old going on one (I believe yahoo chat) and having multiple grown men contacting me, asking me to do some really sexual stuff. Parents back then were pretty much oblivious to it because the internet was just getting going.
    Predators have always been around, that's true, but it still was different. I don't know how to describe it properly.

People were just chatting normally, without vulgarities or disturbing stuff. There were pedos stalking in the background of course, but mostly it was normal.

Now take a look at places like 4chan and stuff today. The obscenity cannot be even described by words.