Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That's why Blizzard needs to invest in the second part of my post about filling up parties with NPC's for those who choose not to engage with total strangers.

As I've said before: engaging with total strangers who do not necessarily share your playstyle, attitude or game goals is a blindingly stupid idea. Blizzard's doubling down on it when it's clearly community poison and cancerous to the game needs to be rethought. Those people are not wrong. That's not social play. So remove the group elements of the game that are not only not social but actually tear and corrupt the fabric of community.

If I choose to just play with really good friends from real life or people I trust in the game, allow me to do that and access content without going through the hassle of inviting in random people that I don't know and likely don't wish to play with. If I want to learn my role in a dungeon, don't send me to fucking YouTube, give me an NPC party at normal level difficulty so I can work it out for myself and gain confidence. According to practically everyone they're not wanted in most groups to start with so why essentially banish them from the game or exclude them from doing anything other than solo stuff.

Isn't it better all around to learn what to do in the game by playing the game than watching videos? It would be great if people were accepting of players that are undergeared and still picking up on things. But they don't. So figure something else out.

It's time to say it flat out: The 'community' aspect of MMO players randomly coming together to accomplish difficult things is broken and will never be fixed. So let's move on to other ideas instead of doubling down on stuff that clearly doesn't work and is never going to.
    the lack of social interaction is simply a consequence of the lack of new players being there, even the terribad you may find in random are player who had years under their belt playing wow, been there done that no need to do more.

Setting aside the judgment on skill almost everyone playing this game has already been in a guild and has already passed the learning phase, playing random for most is just a speedy way to do chores, the autoqueue is something that peoples use for its ability to let them do other thing while grouping up, for the advantage of playing at any hour and any day.

What you guys are discussing her are just concern of veterans but what blizzard really need to discuss is way of bring new lifeblood into the game, if there is a question i really wish was or is asked in dev q&a is how many new players (totally new no peoples returning) actually join wow nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    We killed LK and people lost interest, no iconic villains left.
    Nah.

The dopamine mine ran dry. You don't get a kick out receiving welfare.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Nah.

The dopamine mine ran dry. You don't get a kick out receiving welfare.
    milions of people on a dole or welfare in western society beg to differ with you

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    milions of people on a dole or welfare in western society beg to differ with you
    Yeah but you can't buy stuff that lets you see Aliens with WoW welfare.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Dont like how people say WotLK had the most players and by that it was a best expansion. This argument is invalid. It had peak sub numbers ever BUT wotlk had low sub increase over TBC. In WotLK sub numbers start to stagnate.

WotLK was start of decline in sub numbers. Not Cataclysm.

People should look at TBC as best expansion because in TBC there was biggest sub number increase.
    Last edited by kappalol; Yesterday at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    the lack of social interaction is simply a consequence of the lack of new players being there, even the terribad you may find in random are player who had years under their belt playing wow, been there done that no need to do more.

Setting aside the judgment on skill almost everyone playing this game has already been in a guild and has already passed the learning phase, playing random for most is just a speedy way to do chores, the autoqueue is something that peoples use for its ability to let them do other thing while grouping up, for the advantage of playing at any hour and any day.

What you guys are discussing her are just concern of veterans but what blizzard really need to discuss is way of bring new lifeblood into the game, if there is a question i really wish was or is asked in dev q&a is how many new players (totally new no peoples returning) actually join wow nowadays.
    the lack of social interactions is direct resoult of extreme forms of toxicity and exclusion that are found in any content above hc dungeons and lfr.

thats why so many people openly refuse to participate in those because they they are way to scared of other players.

no wonder blizzard so intensively works on AI

i bet you right now that implementation of AI into dungeons and raids will be the main topic of Blizzcon 2019 - thats why all devs were so exited about this year's blizzcon because this tech will be revolutionary in WoW

the lack of social interactions is direct resoult of extreme forms of toxicity and exclusion that are found in any content above hc dungeons and lfr.

thats why so many people openly refuse to participate in those because they they are way to scared of other players.

no wonder blizzard so intensively works on AI

i bet you right now that implementation of AI into dungeons and raids will be the main topic of Blizzcon 2019 - thats why all devs were so exited about this year's blizzcon because this tech will be revolutionary in WoW
    that as always been there only peoples putting on rose tinted glass of nostalgia won't remember it but it has always been there covered up by a flood of new players that replaced those who left and by the lack of any way (lfr or lfd) to avoid bowing head and suck it up.

I won't be surprised if blizzard develop a sort of ai probably after everything is accounted still the cheapest way to keep the game going than trying to lure in new fresh players.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

No probles is Liberal snowflakes who cant handle anything and need safe spaces and are on edge of suicide after someone called them noob in fucking videogame.

If someone is mean to you just tell them to fuck off and put them in ignore. problem solved.

TBC was elitist and toxic AF and had no problems because people were no pussies.
    Last edited by kappalol; Yesterday at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    Dont like how people say WotLK had the most players and by that it was a best expansion. This argument is invalid. It had peak sub numbers ever BUT wotlk had low sub increase over TBC. In WotLK sub numbers start to stagnate.

WotLK was start of decline in sub numbers. Not Cataclysm.

People should look at TBC as best expansion because in TBC there was biggest sub number increase.
    Yes, there is that. So Lich King being as part of WarCraft 3 cycle or whatever was mentioned before as well as sub numbers peak in Wotlk, do not really define WarCraft popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Senphiroth1134 View Post
    It's pretty much a 1:1 connection IMO there isn't any reason to think that subscription numbers and overall popularity aren't basically connected on some level.
    On some level, it is connected but its not really 1:1 thing.
    "The Dark Lady chooses her champions well."