Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    NO - every single warlock in the world have 1.5min cd branch... i talk here about world top players - not random lfr warriors... i understand why 99% animals use DC - "oh if even method warlock use DC then who am i to use NP...". i don't understand why top warlocks don't use NP. there are bosses when you can stand still and take 100% effectivness of NP and 3min cd of NP. 1-30min kills of 1st boss is ideal for NP. or 4min kills of Grong also ideal for NP... There was exactly 0 promlems in Uldir to use NP and now everybody start talking about "It doesn't matter if NP sims higher because it won't be better in a real fight." WHY? Sim lies or what? it's exactly 0 problems on simple fights to make 100% effective portal...
    you wouldnt believe, but certain abilities scale better than others, and in this case DC scales better than NP, especially if you have strong on use trinkets like branch or a good rolled tidestone

    and like i said in my earlier post, DC sims higher for my warlock than NP, so thats why i run with DC

    EDIT: and if you dont trust me, here is the raidbots sim for my lock https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...iJ7n4dLFetQFKe as you can see, DC is around 2% higher than NP
    Last edited by valky94; 2019-03-01 at 04:51 PM.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    NO - every single warlock in the world have 1.5min cd branch... i talk here about world top players - not random lfr warriors... i understand why 99% animals use DC - "oh if even method warlock use DC then who am i to use NP...". i don't understand why top warlocks don't use NP. there are bosses when you can stand still and take 100% effectivness of NP and 3min cd of NP. 1-30min kills of 1st boss is ideal for NP. or 4min kills of Grong also ideal for NP... There was exactly 0 promlems in Uldir to use NP and now everybody start talking about "It doesn't matter if NP sims higher because it won't be better in a real fight." WHY? Sim lies or what? it's exactly 0 problems on simple fights to make 100% effective portal...
    Because for decent players, they don't give a shit about the easy bosses, why constantly reforge your azerite for grong? The decent warlocks are building for their jaina prog.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Yeah that's nice and all, but unless the buff literally only effects burst mass aoe, that's going to mess with raid. You have a top tier m+ spec already, you don't need the entire class to be that hype in m+, especially when doing so, increases how good the specs are in raid, causing even more of an imbalance.

    Doesn't really matter where your personal focus is, raids are a thing, and buffs for m+ effect raid, just like raid buffs effect m+.
    They could easily tweak the aoe row for affliction without impacting any st raid performance too much.

    But honestly affliction was fine in season 1 not sure how they do with reaping now, could probably spec into Vile Taint and still pull ok numbers especially on higher fortified keys, bet no one tried to make it work because Demo is so fotm op atm.

    Also could probably look into Drain Soul talent that literally is a dps loss compared to having no talent. (nice design)

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Because for decent players, they don't give a shit about the easy bosses, why constantly reforge your azerite for grong? The decent warlocks are building for their jaina prog.
    No no no, you don't know what you are talking about, "animal", Grong DPS super important - NP all the way, sims say so.

    Elegiggle... this OP totally brightened my day.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Because for decent players, they don't give a shit about the easy bosses, why constantly reforge your azerite for grong? The decent warlocks are building for their jaina prog.
    reforge azerite? lolwhat? you even don't understand that DC and NP use exactly same azerite traits but want to talk about motivation of top warlocks?

  6. #26
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...pec=Demonology

    All them NP locks wrecking that Grong, sogood. But hey, I guess they are all just dumb animals that did not figure out the NP greatness.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...pec=Demonology

    All them NP locks wrecking that Grong, sogood.
    LoL I was just going to post the same.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    NO - every single warlock in the world have 1.5min cd branch... i talk here about world top players - not random lfr warriors... i understand why 99% animals use DC - "oh if even method warlock use DC then who am i to use NP...". i don't understand why top warlocks don't use NP. there are bosses when you can stand still and take 100% effectivness of NP and 3min cd of NP. 1-30min kills of 1st boss is ideal for NP. or 4min kills of Grong also ideal for NP... There was exactly 0 promlems in Uldir to use NP and now everybody start talking about "It doesn't matter if NP sims higher because it won't be better in a real fight." WHY? Sim lies or what? it's exactly 0 problems on simple fights to make 100% effective portal...
    do you unironically think methods warlocks reforge all their azerite, swap around every talent and change the entire play style of the spec on a fight to fight basis on FARM content? and no, obviously sims arent perfect in every aspect
    Last edited by Tramzh; 2019-03-01 at 04:49 PM.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    but want to talk about motivation of top warlocks?
    idk mate, atm your entire argument is "all the best warlocks don't actually know what they're doing"

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    LoL I was just going to post the same.
    That's because those noob animals did not sim NP man, missing out on all that sweet sim DPS.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    you wouldnt believe, but certain abilities scale better than others, and in this case DC scales better than NP, especially if you have strong on use trinkets like branch or a good rolled tidestone

    and like i said in my earlier post, DC sims higher for my warlock than NP, so thats why i run with DC

    EDIT: and if you dont trust me, here is the raidbots sim for my lock https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...iJ7n4dLFetQFKe
    ty for your sim but its not representative because you have cancer itemization. with 3xEP you want 0 haste but you have even haste enchants and haste on use trinket... as i say iam talk about top players with normal itemization... you can sim every top demolock and see 4-5% NP advantage...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    idk mate, atm your entire argument is "all the best warlocks don't actually know what they're doing"
    i don't have a point to defend - i ask why and see child level answers like "top lock doesnt care about his damage on easy bosses" etc... your argument that all the best warlocks don't actually know what they were doing in Uldir? because 8.1 uldir is mechanically exactly like 8.1 bod... - nothing changes except EP which worltop1 level theorycrafters says that doesnt matter in question "dc vs np"... Half of thrash-talking here is against common knowledge of warlock comunuty - another half is child level thoughts about "nobody in the world care about his Grong damage"... still exactly 0 competent thoughts on topic...

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    ty for your sim but its not representative because you have cancer itemization. with 3xEP you want 0 haste but you have even haste enchants and haste on use trinket... as i say iam talk about top players with normal itemization... you can sim every top demolock and see 4-5% NP advantage...
    actually you dont, my sims show that haste is the best stat untill 16% then it drops and becomes the lowest and mastery becomes the highest, and if you dont believe me, go check the armories of some of the top demo locks on warcraft logs and you will see that they all have around 14-16% haste, so i dont know where you got the 0% haste from

    and i just simmed the best lock in the west acording to warcraftlogs and here is the proof https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...jYfNyyvVZHfAD4

    even in his gear DC sims higher than NP
    Last edited by valky94; 2019-03-01 at 05:08 PM.

  13. #33
    guys, the dude runs his sims on patchwerk. please stop trying to convince him of anything.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by macktk View Post
    guys, the dude runs his sims on patchwerk. please stop trying to convince him of anything.
    What would you sim on? If not patchwerk btw.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    What would you sim on? If not patchwerk btw.
    i do all my sims on light movement tbh

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Yeah that's nice and all, but unless the buff literally only effects burst mass aoe, that's going to mess with raid. You have a top tier m+ spec already, you don't need the entire class to be that hype in m+, especially when doing so, increases how good the specs are in raid, causing even more of an imbalance.

    Doesn't really matter where your personal focus is, raids are a thing, and buffs for m+ effect raid, just like raid buffs effect m+.
    I think you're missing the point.

    I'd wager to say, more people do M+, than raid Mythic. In fact, a lot more. Building specs that are balanced in all aspects of the game was my point. I understand all 3 warlock specs do quite well in Raids, and that's great. But when more people do dungeons and M+, and the other specs are almost to the point where they're not viable, then there is an issue. As a purely DPS class, I should be able to play whichever spec I prefer, with maybe a 10% variance between them. That is currently not even remotely the case for warlocks. Its Demo in M+ or nothing.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    i do all my sims on light movement tbh
    ^ Even farm bosses require some light movement.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    i do all my sims on light movement tbh
    Yeah, I mean that's a huge red flag, like one of the biggest stuff ups you could make with simming.

    You NEVER sim on light or heavy movement.

    The people who write the APLs for sims, do not put time and effort into light or heavy movement sims, these are going to be extremely accurate and significantly different to any real light or heavy movement scenario, patchwerk will be MUCH more accurate for any actual scenario even with light or heavy movement.

    The people who write the sims you follow, write the rotations, they do not touch light or heavy, and are very verbal about how incorrect and unusable they are.
    Last edited by Emerald Archer; 2019-03-01 at 05:13 PM.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    so i dont know where you got the 0% haste from

    same warlock discord FAQ section

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    ty for your sim but its not representative because you have cancer itemization. with 3xEP you want 0 haste but you have even haste enchants and haste on use trinket... as i say iam talk about top players with normal itemization... you can sim every top demolock and see 4-5% NP advantage...

    - - - Updated - - -

    i don't have a point to defend - i ask why and see child level answers like "top lock doesnt care about his damage on easy bosses" etc... your argument that all the best warlocks don't actually know what they were doing in Uldir? because 8.1 uldir is mechanically exactly like 8.1 bod... - nothing changes except EP which worltop1 level theorycrafters says that doesnt matter in question "dc vs np"... Half of thrash-talking here is against common knowledge of warlock comunuty - another half is child level thoughts about "nobody in the world care about his Grong damage"... still exactly 0 competent thoughts on topic...
    idk its extremely difficult to communicate with brainlets like you, nether portal is literally only viable on a very few handful of fights and it requires a thousand times more effort to play than DC, why play it?

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

    heres a log of an asian dude playing NP on jadefire of all bosses, its fine, its just not really worth the effort. are you happy with this answer? I'll play NP on as many bosses as possible next reset just for fun to see what I can do but I believe it's only really gonna be good for Grong, Jadefire and Rastakhans Bwomsamdi phase. Nether Portal is extremely kill time dependant and requires you to be able to stand still for longer periods, have u even bothered to try the portal spec yourself before u typed all this garbo on the forums?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •