Page 1 of 3
LastLast

DC or NP? what happened in last 2 monts?

i was off for 2 month and after return i see that everybody now use SS+DC. in Uldir everybody use Vilefiend+NP. Nothing changes mechanically. i even take simple fight without any padding https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...pec=Demonology and sim top1 and top2 place
    top1 - https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...y3LgU7wqpiP93e
    top2 - https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...1qvnMQ88rDYsmZ

so even in absolute top tier bracket with all bis items etc etc - NP is still sims MUCH better then DC. Same difference in this abilitys was in Uldir and nobody play with DC. it was considered garbage talent not worth talking about. What changes? i cant find real explanation of this change. everybody i ask answer smth like "DC is easy to play". Obviously it doesn't matter at all when we talk about top players. Simcraft lies?

10+ Year Old Account
    Explosive Potential happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Explosive Potential happened.

you think that FAQ in warlocks discord is bullshit? and if you blind - both ppl in logs/sims that i show have 3xEP and still 5% behind in sims compare to NP...
    Last edited by ztn; 2019-03-01 at 02:51 PM.

And EP is being nerfed in 8.1.5

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post

you think that FAQ in warlocks discord is bullshit? and if you blind - both ppl in logs/sims that i show have 3xEP and still 5% behind in sims compare to NP...
    OK breh, if you are so well informed, then why ask? Go stun everyone with your NP logs.

If your common sense would match your audacity, you would understand that NP is that kind of a talent that sims wonderful, but is lacking in reality because while DCon is nobrainer fire and forget, NP requires you to sit in one spot and do spotless rotation to get its benefit that is in addition to being a long unwieldy 3 min CD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    Still best thing you can have on Azerite by far with that. The nerf is making it only 50% as powerful as any other Azerite trait, instead of 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    How do you know?

Are they buffing anything with the other two specs to make them comparable to Demo at least?

hope to never see all these animals thrash-talking about ep in topic "np vs dc"...

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    How do you know?

Are they buffing anything with the other two specs to make them comparable to Demo at least?
    You're joking right? All 3 warlock specs are currently in the top 5 specs. You would NEVER buff the other 2. This is actually one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you know?

https://www.wowhead.com/news=290477/...ri-racial-nerf

Read notes further there, there are additional fixes to Demo too not stated which result in less damage.

Buffing other specs? Why? All our 3 specs wreck BoD, what do you want to buff there?

you animal have 10k posts by joining every topic and ruin it just for fun? 1st i think it's just common stupid noob that have no clue but now it's clearly seen intention to ruin topic...

10+ Year Old Account
    0_o

Someone did not take his daily meds or something?

why do u make a mmoc post asking a question you already decided what the answer is to it

It doesn't matter if NP sims higher because it won't be better in a real fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    why do u make a mmoc post asking a question you already decided what the answer is to it
    so if i not accept answer of random noob that is against common knowledge then "i already decide what the answer"? it means that i don't know the answer but can separate thrash-talking morons and constructive ideas...

it rly depends if you have a 1.5 min cd trinket to stack with tyrant or not, if you do DC is better if you dont, NP is better, atleast on my char, where i have a 385 tidestone that gives haste on use

oh, and if you time it perfectly, you can use implosion at the end of a Demonic Tyrant cast to get both the buffed tyrant and EP buff
    Last edited by valky94; 2019-03-01 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=290477/...ri-racial-nerf

Read notes further there, there are additional fixes to Demo too not stated which result in less damage.

Buffing other specs? Why? All our 3 specs wreck BoD, what do you want to buff there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You're joking right? All 3 warlock specs are currently in the top 5 specs. You would NEVER buff the other 2. This is actually one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen.

I'm speaking in relation to M+ specifically. You cannot run Aff or Destro in M+ past a 9 key. All the 11-16 keys I run, I HAVE to go demo, otherwise I can only do decently on boss damage. AoE damage is so bad, so so bad as AFF or Destro. I can pull 100k+ during reaping as demo. Maybe 30k-40k as Aff, and maybe 50-60kish as Destro. But that is only with CDs, without CDs.. 100% garbage. I also only raid Mythic once a week, and spend the rest of my play time doing M+, so that is where more of my focus goes.

so if i not accept answer of random noob that is against common knowledge then "i already decide what the answer"? it means that i don't know the answer but can separate thrash-talking morons and constructive ideas...
    It's not some random noob. Nether Portal is not better in an actual raid environment because it requires you to stand still and perfectly execute your rotation for the duration. This is why it SIMS higher, but SIMS are not an entirely accurate indicator of REAL DPS.

I'm speaking in relation to M+ specifically. You cannot run Aff or Destro in M+ past a 9 key. All the 11-16 keys I run, I HAVE to go demo, otherwise I can only do decently on boss damage. AoE damage is so bad, so so bad as AFF or Destro. I can pull 100k+ during reaping as demo. Maybe 30k-40k as Aff, and maybe 50-60kish as Destro. But that is only with CDs, without CDs.. 100% garbage. I also only raid Mythic once a week, and spend the rest of my play time doing M+, so that is where more of my focus goes.
    Yeah that's nice and all, but unless the buff literally only effects burst mass aoe, that's going to mess with raid. You have a top tier m+ spec already, you don't need the entire class to be that hype in m+, especially when doing so, increases how good the specs are in raid, causing even more of an imbalance.

Doesn't really matter where your personal focus is, raids are a thing, and buffs for m+ effect raid, just like raid buffs effect m+.

Quote Originally Posted by temple1906 View Post
    It's not some random noob. Nether Portal is not better in an actual raid environment because it requires you to stand still and perfectly execute your rotation for the duration. This is why it SIMS higher, but SIMS are not an entirely accurate indicator of REAL DPS.
    and thats the exact reason i used SSouls in Uldir insead of NP, i just dislike the spell in itself and the difference in dps on sims was around 2% so it wasnt that big of a deal

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    it rly depends if you have a 1.5 min cd trinket on or, if you do DC is better if you dont, NP is better, atleast on my char, where i have a 385 tidestone that gives haste on use
    NO - every single warlock in the world have 1.5min cd branch... i talk here about world top players - not random lfr warriors... i understand why 99% animals use DC - "oh if even method warlock use DC then who am i to use NP...". i don't understand why top warlocks don't use NP. there are bosses when you can stand still and take 100% effectivness of NP and 3min cd of NP. 1-30min kills of 1st boss is ideal for NP. or 4min kills of Grong also ideal for NP... There was exactly 0 promlems in Uldir to use NP and now everybody start talking about "It doesn't matter if NP sims higher because it won't be better in a real fight." WHY? Sim lies or what? it's exactly 0 problems on simple fights to make 100% effective portal...