Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i dunno, it could be that i still have fun in this game. oh, im sorry, is that not a valid option to have?

God forbid people like something you don't.

I like cookie dough ice cream...never mind I'm just in denial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.

Oh, I admit it isn't going as it should or could but why are people in denial that some might still enjoy the game?
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Let's look at Metacritic scores:

TBC - 8.0 user score - generally favorable reviews - subs rise
    WotLK - 7.7 user score - generally favorable reviews - subs rise
    Cataclysm - 5.6 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs decline
    MoP - 5.0 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs stagnate
    WoD - 5.9 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs decline
    Legion - 7.3 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs rise
    BfA - 3.1 user score - generally unfavorable reviews - subs decline

You could make an argument that Legion does not fit the pattern since it had mixed or average reviews, but 7.3 is a lot closer to TBC's 8.0 and WotLK's 7.7 than any other expansion.

The fact is that these reviews are broadly representative of the state of the game. Thousands of people can't all be wrong about something. MoP had good gameplay but unappealing story / design direction so subs stagnated. Cataclysm, WoD and BfA were all badly received and coincided with a rapid drop in sub numbers. Legion was generally seen as a return to form for the game and although we didn't get exact sub numbers, it was pretty evident that they were on the rise just judging by increased activity across all endgame content.

All of these people can't be wrong.
    Ultimately its as you say, denial.

Some people invested so much of their lives, its all they know - and they protect it as such.

Some people know its bad, but try to skew perception in the other direction due in part to the aforementioned.

Some people have nowhere else to go and nothing else to do, and dont want to see things get worse.

and finally

Some people literally believe its the best thing since sliced bread.

People like me, its pitifully bad and the motives behind it are blatant and in your face obvious. Of course ive been noticing, calling, and watching this happen for many years now. Instead of small increments, blizzard just said F it with BFA and went full monty.

Im here due to a small amount of time invested coupled with a small amount of unpreparedness to break from a few last longtime friends that are still playing. Ultimately - waiting for Pantheon to release - so until then its wow "chores" (aka completey pointless ap), raid night, and then emulation in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I've noticed with this community/game personally it's easier to be in denial than to admit the bigger criticisms of this game.

Or you get the people praising Blizzard who offer low tier criticism like "OMG THE COLOUR OF MY MOUNT IS WRONG" or stupid stuff like that over important things.
    I'm a bit sick of seeing this garbage vomited repeatedly here. All I ever see in this community is WoW and Blizz bashing what reality do you even live in? For every poster that says they enjoy BFA or WoW there are 10 neckbeards pouncing on him screaming "facts don't care bout yer feelingz!" or something to that effect. I challenge you right now to go count all the negative threads vs positive threads about WoW all over MMO-C currently.

I don't even like WoW atm (playing ff14 currently), but c'mon be real. What do you people even gain by spreading this misinformation around so much? You hate being a part of the majority that much that you need to distort reality so you can 'be the underdog' or something?
    Last edited by matheney2k; 2019-03-02 at 12:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.

MUST... RESIST... OPS.. OPINION... >_<

Oh wait I can think for myself actually and don't give a shit if others like or dislike something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    'Casuals', as in more casual players, can still be RPG lovers. I realize that WoW is no longer the deepest RPG on the market or anything like that, but I still prefer playing retail to some style of classic, simply due to how my life has changed. Classic was great back in the day, but back then I had no responsibilities other than easy studies. Today, I have little time to fully commit to playing games, so a more casual structure, where I can still get stuff done and do challenging raid content without spending hours farming beforehand is great for me. I love RPGs, but when I have to choose between a deep one I do not have the time for and a more casual one that I can play on my hours, I choose the latter. But that does not mean I no longer love RPGs. And I like that those who can fully commit to Classic will get their shot.
    I agree very much with this. I remember playing in TBC and hating when Blizzard made changes to made the less "easier" (e.g. +healing and +magic -> +spellpower) even when I was suffering as a holy priest doing dailies. I wouldn't call myself a casual player but I don't want to have these hard grinds and preparation just so I can raid. I'm glad people like Classic and want that challenge, that grind. I don't. Alluding to something else that was announced today, I don't want the world to seem bigger, I want portals so I don't have to waste a lot of time flying.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "All of these people can't be wrong" of course they can. If popularity equalled quality; McDonalds would be the best food on the planet.
    The issue with ratings and reviews, is that it's 100% subjective. I write reviews for an online magazine, and I am very well aware of the fact that what I write and how I rate isn't a cold, hard fact; it's my opinion.

Sure, TBC has a 8.0 user score where as MoP has a 5.0 - doesn't change the fact that I disliked TBC and loved (most) of MoP.
    All you said here is basically, your opinion is different from the majority. No one can take your opinion or change it, but there will always be a consensus. Which any creator should and does take into account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The AR- 14 or 15 is a good home defense weapon.

Go through the actual reviews: The majority of the "good" reviews are 10 and the majority of the "negative" reviews are 0. I would argue that no review of BfA with any semblance of objectivity could arrive at either of these scores. The precise number says very little beyond the fact that a clear majority of user reviewers dislike it, which should surprise no one who has frequented these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin
    They use Red Dragon Wings for their Windmill. So they aren't really redeemed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adagietto
    In their defense... That windmill is pretty bitchin.

Metacritic for a mmo.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    If people like the game, then they like the game. You don't have to like it, but that's all there is to it. It's not being in denial, it's enjoying a high-quality product that isn't quite as good as previous years, but still plenty good.
    Exactly. Many of the aspects of the game I may have enjoyed in the past are no longer enjoyable, but the main draw, raiding with friends, is still very enjoyable. Until this is no longer fun, Blizzard will get my money. That is not to say other areas are not beyond reproach, and should be addressed. For me WoW is still an very entertaining product well worth the pittance it asks for.

Let's look at Metacritic scores:

TBC - 8.0 user score - generally favorable reviews - subs rise
    WotLK - 7.7 user score - generally favorable reviews - subs rise
    Cataclysm - 5.6 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs decline
    MoP - 5.0 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs stagnate
    WoD - 5.9 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs decline
    Legion - 7.3 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs rise
    BfA - 3.1 user score - generally unfavorable reviews - subs decline

You could make an argument that Legion does not fit the pattern since it had mixed or average reviews, but 7.3 is a lot closer to TBC's 8.0 and WotLK's 7.7 than any other expansion.

The fact is that these reviews are broadly representative of the state of the game. Thousands of people can't all be wrong about something. MoP had good gameplay but unappealing story / design direction so subs stagnated. Cataclysm, WoD and BfA were all badly received and coincided with a rapid drop in sub numbers. Legion was generally seen as a return to form for the game and although we didn't get exact sub numbers, it was pretty evident that they were on the rise just judging by increased activity across all endgame content.

"Thousands of people can't be wrong about something"

Yes. Yes they can. Anti-vax, global warming, the holocaust, slavery etc. And for games - the people that say RDR2 is trash, GoW is trash, that "gaming is dying" when it's clearly fucking not, it's really just EA and Activision.

My guy, I dislike WoW in its current state, but what was the purpose of this post? To get more people on the bandwagon of hate for WoW? There's plenty. The people who hate the game are gone/are on MMO-C yelling about how bad it is. The people who like the game are still playing, still enjoying their time with their friends, and still enjoying what they pay for.

Also Metacritic? Really? That's what we've come to? Comparing subs to metacritic reviews?

Have you been on the internet the past, like, 6+ months? Literally every facebook post from WoW has 95% negative comments. Youtube is getting more and more filled with "wow is bad" and "why I quit wow" videos.

Where's the denial? If anything, there's an outburst of mad players who love a game and see it become something unfamiliar and bland.

The people rating BFA as if it were The Slaughtering Grounds are just as much in denial as those who think it's perfect. The first camp seems to have a lot more people right now, and they're a lot louder. Maybe people should take a look at themselves before claiming denial in others.

Not everything has to be brilliant or terrible. Some things are just alright. Not great, not terrible, just alright. They have both positive aspects and negative aspects. Not always 1:1, but not 1:0 or 0:1 either.

Now go on, I dare you and make a thread based on THAT assumption how Avatar, Titanic and The Force Awakens are among the greatest films, together with Transformers 3 and 4. Or how Mc Donalds serves the greatest food. Or how Fox News is the best source for news in America. Because..yeah..all those people can't be wrong.

Maybe some people actually like what they pay for. I mean...at least they have less of a problem in my book that somebody who pays and plays a hobby that he / she hates.

Negativity (call it "critical thinking" if you like) has surrounded WoW since I joined this forum. Only then 12 million subs weren't a sign of "Oh, all these people can't be wrong, the game must be great" - it was "Flies like shit"

People disagree with me?! They MUST be delusional!

I've never seen anyone claim the BFA is growing subs or anything but just that they personally like it

People holding different opinion doesn't always mean denial on their side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Oh, I admit it isn't going as it should or could but why are people in denial that some might still enjoy the game?
    It's not the "right" opinion according to his links.

Thousands of people can't all be wrong about something..
    Yes, they can.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    All you said here is basically, your opinion is different from the majority. No one can take your opinion or change it, but there will always be a consensus. Which any creator should and does take into account.
    People who vote on metacritic are hardly majority tho. Especially considering that people are more likely to downvote stuff than upvote. Disgruntled consumer is more likely to leave negative review than satisfied consumer to leave a positive review
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

There is much less denial these days than there used to be. Like much, much less. It's sad that Blizzard had to crash and burn for people to open their eyes and see their own interests, but here we are.