Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    A good thing then that Wow is a pve focused game and that pvp is a side activity.
    lol, this just shows people dont know anything about WoW.

WoW has MANY niche communities.
    Yes there exist people in the world who ONLY play WoW for PvP.
    Just watch any major PvP streamer.

Stop telling everyone how WoW should be played.
    We are all different.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Let's look at Metacritic scores:

TBC - 8.0 user score - generally favorable reviews - subs rise
    WotLK - 7.7 user score - generally favorable reviews - subs rise
    Cataclysm - 5.6 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs decline
    MoP - 5.0 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs stagnate
    WoD - 5.9 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs decline
    Legion - 7.3 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs rise
    BfA - 3.1 user score - generally unfavorable reviews - subs decline

You could make an argument that Legion does not fit the pattern since it had mixed or average reviews, but 7.3 is a lot closer to TBC's 8.0 and WotLK's 7.7 than any other expansion.

The fact is that these reviews are broadly representative of the state of the game. Thousands of people can't all be wrong about something. MoP had good gameplay but unappealing story / design direction so subs stagnated. Cataclysm, WoD and BfA were all badly received and coincided with a rapid drop in sub numbers. Legion was generally seen as a return to form for the game and although we didn't get exact sub numbers, it was pretty evident that they were on the rise just judging by increased activity across all endgame content.

All of these people can't be wrong.
    Lesson of the day: when dealing with opinions, nobody is wrong. You're welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean even Fortnite has more depth/fun to it than WoW these days.
    If you think Fortnite is more fun than WoW then that's fine, but how does it have more depth? WoW is a gigantic MMO with 15 years worth of content.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHH AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

BFA PVP is a joke and the entire PvP community absolutely hates it due to piss poor boring class design where everything is pruned down to a dps rotation and a few utility buttons

You must be out of your mind, or speaking on behalf of casual and low-skill PvPers only because people who really care about PvP are up in arms
    So casual and low-skill PvPers are not part of entire PVP community?
    Usually, casual players are majority in games.... your horse must be really high.

- - - Updated - - -

Drooling casuals running around in 40v40 because they need 39 teammates to average out their own suck do NOT make up "The PvP community"

Legion was utter garbage because of its class design. Only those with a deficiency of brain cells could possibly enjoy Legion's super dumbed down and pruned class design.

"I'm too dumb to keybind my interrupts and my grounding totem so I'm really glad that Blizzard pruned classes and made the game easier for mouthbreathers like me" --mindset of people who actually enjoy Legion/BFA PvP

Wondering how you manage to look yourself in the mirror every day....

BFA PVP is a joke and the entire PvP community absolutely hates it due to piss poor boring class design where everything is pruned down to a dps rotation and a few utility buttons

You must be out of your mind, or speaking on behalf of casual and low-skill PvPers only because people who really care about PvP are up in arms
    Why do people present themselves as speaking for and representative of the community, I never know.

people praising Legion and BFA PvP lmfao this pruned game is garbage it's literally just

stick to a target, do your rotational properly, get value out of your few utilities on cooldown

scripted.

linear.

boring.

Blizzard made a terrible mistake in listening to the least informed players for feedback
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Because people that post on forums like these and the WoW forums are probably way more likely to still be invested in WoW

Quote Originally Posted by breslin View Post
    Because people that post on forums like these and the WoW forums are probably way more likely to still be invested in WoW
    Nope. I want the game to get better again. Hence why I'm critical.

At it's core it's a good game. Just there's no soul in it anymore or passion. Other MMOs made me appreciate what smaller and more passionate teams can do.

what about the thousands still playing? all of those people cant be wrong?

At it's core it's a good game. Just there's no soul in it anymore or passion. Other MMOs made me appreciate what smaller and more passionate teams can do.
    Sorry, game is not made for you nor it should be.
    Play other games.

Im going to play Classic WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Haha Imagine callin woltk a good Expansion. God dam casual
    Half+ of WotLK was without the shitty auto-LFG-LFD tool, so yeah, if you got geared for the first half of the Arthas fight, you were no casual.

2nd half was a LFD trollfest, and a piss all event. Cataclysm was a continuation of the 2nd part of WotLK... a true cataclysm, and well subs fell, ya.

and fell,

and fell.

Let's look at Metacritic scores:

TBC - 8.0 user score - generally favorable reviews - subs rise
    WotLK - 7.7 user score - generally favorable reviews - subs rise
    Cataclysm - 5.6 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs decline
    MoP - 5.0 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs stagnate
    WoD - 5.9 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs decline
    Legion - 7.3 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs rise
    BfA - 3.1 user score - generally unfavorable reviews - subs decline

You could make an argument that Legion does not fit the pattern since it had mixed or average reviews, but 7.3 is a lot closer to TBC's 8.0 and WotLK's 7.7 than any other expansion.

The fact is that these reviews are broadly representative of the state of the game. Thousands of people can't all be wrong about something. MoP had good gameplay but unappealing story / design direction so subs stagnated. Cataclysm, WoD and BfA were all badly received and coincided with a rapid drop in sub numbers. Legion was generally seen as a return to form for the game and although we didn't get exact sub numbers, it was pretty evident that they were on the rise just judging by increased activity across all endgame content.

WoD being 5.9 and not much lower should tell you everything about your imagined amazing reveal. Metacritic are 80%+ comprised of ratings that come at around launch.

Quote Originally Posted by breslin View Post
    well i assume it depends - for me it helps me to pass time faster in work when i have couple of minutes without anything productive to do (ie in between buisness meetings etc )

i wont lie lately m thinking about buying sub in one of those language apps on mobile because mmochamp is becoming extremly toxic and so whiny that its unbearable to read sometimes so learning new language would be someting much more productive and fun to do then reading mmochamp

ye i get it a lot of people are unhappy - buhu posting the same stuff for 100th time wont change anything

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    WoD being 5.9 and not much lower should tell you everything about your imagined amazing reveal. Metacritic are 80%+ comprised of ratings that come at around launch.
    call me the devil i liked WoD -_- leveling was really fun , garrison management was fun too - if there just was a mobile app back them ...

- - - Updated - - -

seems to me you are just bored with wow and look for soemthing that you lost years ago - the feeling of exploration when game was new .... 15 years ago .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Why do people present themselves as speaking for and representative of the community, I never know.
    its because they are scared - they have so fragile egos that they afraid of speaking their own opinions only try to hide behind "collective"
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-03-05 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Half+ of WotLK was without the shitty auto-LFG-LFD tool, so yeah, if you got geared for the first half of the Arthas fight, you were no casual.

2nd half was a LFD trollfest, and a piss all event. Cataclysm was a continuation of the 2nd part of WotLK... a true cataclysm, and well subs fell, ya.

and fell,

and fell.
    Imagine not understanding economics and thinking subs fell because the game got bad. Holy dam. Since when are here so many children allowed.

And you call people who did icc not casual ? Or do you mean naxx haha. Or Ulduar which was the done by almost no one to the point that Ghostcrawler had to make multiply post talking about why no one is doing ulduar ? 10/10 you are a wrath baby

Imagine thinking WoW is good in 2019.

Didn't take long for Felplague and Queen of Hamsters to rush and defend their beloved game.

That would be an argumentum ad populum

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    All you said here is basically, your opinion is different from the majority. No one can take your opinion or change it, but there will always be a consensus. Which any creator should and does take into account.
    Sorry, but that's bull****. Bad Ratings of MoP was not because of content or that it was worse than WoD (and no, it wasn't), the biggest issue back then was only 2 things: valor-gear behind daily-faction and that that probably made of 90% of ratings:

PANDAS. Because Panda = Kung Fu Panda. That's it. WoD was the worst expansion blizzard ever created back then and it got 5.9. MoP had Pandas

So sorry, can't take Metacritic really serious because of it.

But yes, for the rest people are right: BfA right now is so much worse than WoD. Content-wise it's so much worse than Legion. It simply has no endgame-zone as in WoD. Gearing is bad (azerite gear), endgame content is either Warfront once in a while and Legion Portals 0.5 aka island expeditions. And thanks to pruning classes are now in the worst state since the game existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post

and fell,

and fell.
    and financial gains grew

and grew

and grew

only to hit historical high in BfA

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Sorry, but that's bull****. Bad Ratings of MoP was not because of content or that it was worse than WoD (and no, it wasn't), the biggest issue back then was only 2 things: valor-gear behind daily-faction and that that probably made of 90% of ratings:

PANDAS. Because Panda = Kung Fu Panda. That's it. WoD was the worst expansion blizzard ever created back then and it got 5.9. MoP had Pandas

So sorry, can't take Metacritic really serious because of it.

But yes, for the rest people are right: BfA right now is so much worse than WoD. Content-wise it's so much worse than Legion. It simply has no endgame-zone as in WoD. Gearing is bad (azerite gear), endgame content is either Warfront once in a while and Legion Portals 0.5 aka island expeditions. And thanks to pruning classes are now in the worst state since the game existed.
    What are you even talking about? I didn't get it into "the reasons" why people didn't like said expansions, that's a cesspool of opinions and ultimately a combination of factors. Metacritic isn't always a great source of info, but worst sub-decline and worst sub retention is aligned with metacritics lowest rated in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Sure, denial. Googled BFA

Nice find 80% like rate is amazeing sir well played.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and financial gains grew

and grew

and grew

only to hit historical high in BfA
    Yep! lmfao! funny stuff.