Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    one thing many players noticed was the incorrect health regeneration and the spell critical hit multiplier. Good catch! Going into the demo, we thought we’d fixed that and were surprised to see the issue crop up. Before blizzcon, we specifically checked health and mana regeneration, and fixed the critical hit cases. We also did combat and regeneration tests to make sure we had those accurate.

it turns out that there was a discrepancy between how classic was configured on our environment at the office (correct!) and the environment serving the demo to you (not correct…). Tracking that down taught us how to best check our environment configuration as we prepare it for launch.
    What a non answer. So there was something wrong with health regeneration, but they don't say what was wrong with it; was it too high or low and by how much. Nobody gives a shit why it was wrong, just how much it was wrong. Secondly, the back and forth explanation that "we had it right at the office!!!111" sounds like shit you should be telling your manager who is about to kick your ass instead of players who couldn't give a fuck.

At least 50% of players are gonna quit within levels 10-30, unless if they completely neuter classic.

15+ Year Old Account
    OMG talk about something I had completely forgotten about that was so bad in WoW back in the day... spell pushback.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    At least 50% of players are gonna quit within levels 10-30, unless if they completely neuter classic.
    Except for some bug fixes, WoW Classic is supposed to be 100% what 1.12 offers.

Scratch that, they are also allowing sharding for the first few weeks to handle the influx of new toons (similar to how on launch of a new expansion, a lot of servers become full for a bit)

Lol at the people that already bash on Classic. Though I don't really blame them considering the sad state of BFA, gotta have something to vent at.

Its good to hear something from them and looking forward to play in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    What a non answer. So there was something wrong with health regeneration, but they don't say what was wrong with it; was it too high or low and by how much. Nobody gives a shit why it was wrong, just how much it was wrong. Secondly, the back and forth explanation that "we had it right at the office!!!111" sounds like shit you should be telling your manager who is about to kick your ass instead of players who couldn't give a fuck.
    it was too high by quite a lot. Basically it was using newer formulas. And it seems it's server side setup.

And honestly, I don't care at all by how much it was wrong. However why it was wrong is more interesting to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I really wish you the best for classic but it’s lacking the most important component: Players with the proper attitude toward the game.
    Don't worry, these people wont stay long in classic, they will be back in retail in no time.

5+ Year Old Account
    I am gonna play Classic.. But my issue is.. I don't know what class to play, cause from what I've seen online. Most of the classes I would play are kinda neutered. Ret pally in specific. (Talking more about Raiding not PVP) I thought about running Warlock or mage.. but then I remembered "Clothies are rough in vanilla." Sooo I still don't know. I am looking forward to Classic =)

Holy fuck there’s a lot of toxicity in here. Can’t people let people enjoy things? Go back to the retail threads to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Lol i fucking hope they fork WoW, just to see people like you cry an amazon river.
    We have better odds of laughing at your salty amazon from them not forking WoW, than them forking it.

I have NOTHING against Classic, or people playing it, but the amount of ego wrapped up in it now, along with the utterly unicorn level of wishful thinking attached to it is more entertaining than the actual reboot. These "You'll see, you'll be SOWWWY!" comments are hysterical enough, but actually thinking they'd stop development on the actual game to restart a whole new game based on a nostalgia ride? That's comedy right there. And using the fantasy to be smug and snarky at the unicorn payback coming? That deserves it's own HBO comedy special.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    you mean an outdated and grindy MMO lol

- - - Updated - - -

lets just hope to wake up and finally cancel classic
    Cause the current RNG of the game isn't grindy at all, amirite??? lol gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by Lithostrotos View Post
    Genuine question, why do you want to shit on peoples' parade? It's just so petty. Let the people who got classic be happy, that it exists makes literally no difference to you. Classic isn't something I will bother with a lot either, but at least people get what they have been asking for a long time.
    Probably because he was tired of hearing the "OMG CLASSIC IS TEH BEST TING EVAR AND MODERN WOW IS TRASH" thing that people have going on.

Doesn't excuse him to act out like that, but I can understand why he spoke out.

Personally, I hope classic is a success. Realistically, though, I struggle to see it succeeding in the long term. What made classic great was its community, and I'm not sure mechanics of any kind can bring that back.

7+ Year Old Account
    All these "classic pros" reporting bugs that aren't bugs but just how classic actually was.

WE CAN SURE TELL YOU PLAYED CLASSIC LIKE YOU CLAIM!

"My preferred WoW is better WoW because, me (and the vast majority because you know, me)" seems to sum up this thread pretty tightly. People just need to accept people like different things for different reasons and that is ok. Life gets a hell of a lot easier once you get to this point.

both sides need to really chill the hell out. WoW didn't get bad just because of new and bad design. It got bad because most of you over time became toxic and entiteld assholes. I hope they do it right, and if they do i'll be playing both classic and retail, because i can use my brain and think broad and find that regardless they are both beneficial to me

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Take a chill pill...

Players complained quite a lot on that so Blizz is confirming it has looked into it.

What a non-rant rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    I am gonna play Classic.. But my issue is.. I don't know what class to play, cause from what I've seen online. Most of the classes I would play are kinda neutered. Ret pally in specific. (Talking more about Raiding not PVP) I thought about running Warlock or mage.. but then I remembered "Clothies are rough in vanilla." Sooo I still don't know. I am looking forward to Classic =)
    Warlock, mage, and shadow priest (since it's the last patch of Classic). Also, a hunter will be an excellent tool for farming materials (use him as your mule).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dylamoo View Post
    both sides need to really chill the hell out. WoW didn't get bad just because of new and bad design. It got bad because most of you over time became toxic and entiteld assholes. I hope they do it right, and if they do i'll be playing both classic and retail, because i can use my brain and think broad and find that regardless they are both beneficial to me
    The game has been on a downward trend since WotLK, so your post doesn't make a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Can't wait to play a real MMORPG again this summer.
    I cant wait to see how many ppl that never played it, play it and complain it's too hard and want blizz to nerf shit.

Are all the rogues ready to walk VERY slowly in stealth again? Druids too? What about crying that you didnt get any loot in the 40man raid you waited hours to fill for?

Gonna be interesting!
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Warlock, mage, and shadow priest (since it's the last patch of Classic). Also, a hunter will be an excellent tool for farming materials (use him as your mule).

- - - Updated - - -

The game has been on a downward trend since WotLK, so your post doesn't make a lot of sense.
    I appreciate the advice! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    OMG talk about something I had completely forgotten about that was so bad in WoW back in the day... spell pushback.
    IKR. Apparently spell pushback is actually still in the game on Live, but I can't remember the last time it ever affected me. Voids Elves are immune to pushback as a racial and I'm like what? I haven't experienced it since Wrath lol.