Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    Why do Blizzard always rush through the second tier of the expansion, thus leaving us with content drought in the final tier, so unecessary.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Division 2 ?! Hahaha pathetic pleb !
    better than diablo4

    feelsbad

  3. #63
    High Overlord Geeky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    1. 2 extra bosses isn't going to hurt.

    2. Blizzard admitted a while ago that LFR aka the more casual audience is what justifies raid development.

    There go Blizzard design raiding with primarily the casual audience in mind. There is no need to timegate two whole bosses.

    Now go find me a solid reason as to why what is basically half a Terrace of Endless Spring should be timegated.
    Jesus, relax dude lol

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Why do Blizzard always rush through the second tier of the expansion, thus leaving us with content drought in the final tier, so unecessary.
    Rush? IMO 3 months is perfect pace between patches (that's why 8.1 was month too late, but on the other hand BfA launched month too soon). Remember that Crucible of Storms isn't 3rd "tier", it's small 2 boss filler raid between Dazal'alor and Azshara. And most people expect 8.3 and N'zoth or Sylvanas raid as final 4th "tier" after that.

    So far I predict 8.2 in June, Azshara in July, Classic in August, 8.2.5 with Vulpera/Mechagnomes on September, 9.0 reveal on November, 8.3 on December, final raid in January, 8.3.5 with Worgen/Undead Allied Races in March, pre-order and Alpha in April, Beta on Summer, 9.0 launch on Fall 2020.

    By the way, if Classic will be moderate success, I wonder if they'll keep releasing expansion for that in odd years to help with sub count. They could just give option to stay on Classic server and copy character to TBC or they could do little more work and release new expansions without QoL changes. I guess all depends of Classic reception.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2019-03-03 at 07:36 PM.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeky View Post
    Jesus, relax dude lol
    /shrug

    Dunno where you got that I wasn't relaxed from that post with but w/e.

    There is no solid reason I've heard so far as to timegate 2 bosses.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    /shrug

    Dunno where you got that I wasn't relaxed from that post with but w/e.

    There is no solid reason I've heard so far as to timegate 2 bosses.
    The way you are using timegating is the same as stating “why is the raid with Azshara timegated?” If that’s your reasoning, are you seriously asking why all raids aren’t just released at the start of the xpac? If you are, then sure, I can try and answer that. You just need to specify if that’s what you are asking.
    If you are asking why it’s waiting for its own patch, how about these reasons:
    1). It is the next chapter of the BfA story. It has nothing to do with the current raid.
    2). It’s a separate raid and part of a .5 patch in an attempt to keep content rolling out at a steady pace, something Blizz has stated they wanted to do.
    3). Blizzard decided to. Like it or not, it’s their game and they decide release dates.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The way you are using timegating is the same as stating “why is the raid with Azshara timegated?” If that’s your reasoning, are you seriously asking why all raids aren’t just released at the start of the xpac? If you are, then sure, I can try and answer that. You just need to specify if that’s what you are asking.
    If you are asking why it’s waiting for its own patch, how about these reasons:
    1). It is the next chapter of the BfA story. It has nothing to do with the current raid.
    2). It’s a separate raid and part of a .5 patch in an attempt to keep content rolling out at a steady pace, something Blizz has stated they wanted to do.
    3). Blizzard decided to. Like it or not, it’s their game and they decide release dates.
    1. So? Poor excuse to gate it by a month.

    2. Part of the patch yet coming a month after said patch launches. Nice evasion there.

    3. Good for them. Doesn't mean we have to agree with their crap tier excuses.

    Although with the amount of people leaving the game as of late it's clear people see this for what it is.

  8. #68
    Scarab Lord Vynestra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Heartbreak City
    Posts
    4,544
    Some people apparently want the entire expansion released in one day and 2 years of nothing.


    That's a great business model.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    not sure why you think that way but it's a big problem when alot of people unsubscribed from wow. last time they delayed content patch it got so bad blizzard stopped reporting on active sub number during warlords.

    i'd be mad flaming too if i continue to sub and finds out blizzard time-gate content from azerite cap to war campaign.
    This hardly compares to warlords lol. Waiting a month for a mini raid is hardly the same as that disaster. Try finding something actually worth complaining about.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    1. So? Poor excuse to gate it by a month.

    2. Part of the patch yet coming a month after said patch launches. Nice evasion there.

    3. Good for them. Doesn't mean we have to agree with their crap tier excuses.

    Although with the amount of people leaving the game as of late it's clear people see this for what it is.
    1). Are you literally just arguing to argue? “Poor excuse to delay something that isn’t part of the story yet.” It’s literally not part of the current timeline and you’re saying it should be out already. Do yo like to read chapter 5 before you get to chapter 3?
    2). What evasion? It’s part of the patch and coming later. Kind of ties into the whole storytelling aspect of the game.
    3). Not agreeing with them is fine. Calling it crap is your opinion.
    It’s clear that the game genre is dying off. People have left the game in multitudes. Funny thing is, in terms of %s, the biggest drop offs in subs was from WotLK and Cata. Since then it’s just been steady. WoW is actually still going strong. Fun fact, WoW is in the top 3 earnings games for Acti-Blizz and Blizz has made more money than their projected income. Stands to reason WoW is doing pretty decently for what all the doomsayers are spouting.
    I get it, you’re not happy with the game at this point. One day I will probably be there too, but spouting your opinions like they are facts and having a valid arguement presented to you and your equivalent being what it is shows you just don’t want to have a conversation and would rather just spout off hate.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It’s clear that the game genre is dying off. People have left the game in multitudes. Funny thing is, in terms of %s, the biggest drop offs in subs was from WotLK and Cata. Since then it’s just been steady. WoW is actually still going strong. Fun fact, WoW is in the top 3 earnings games for Acti-Blizz and Blizz has made more money than their projected income. Stands to reason WoW is doing pretty decently for what all the doomsayers are spouting.
    I get it, you’re not happy with the game at this point. One day I will probably be there too, but spouting your opinions like they are facts and having a valid arguement presented to you and your equivalent being what it is shows you just don’t want to have a conversation and would rather just spout off hate.
    Another fun fact was that the peak of subs was also shortly after Cata was released (it released December 7th of 2010 but the 12.5 million active subs was February or so of 2011). However, after that point was when it started dropping, the biggest drop was actually afterwards down the road into MoP/WoD. WoD more so however.

    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...rs-by-quarter/

    ^ This actually shows a projected decrease since 2015 to an estimated 2023 (while it may not be 100% accurate, the fact that it has a projected decrease and a formula are there shouldn't be discounted. It is decreasing, but not as badly as some people say it has (However with how criticized bfa is I wouldn't doubt more drops) and it has drastically dropped since Cata days sadly.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Abillioncats View Post
    This hardly compares to warlords lol. Waiting a month for a mini raid is hardly the same as that disaster. Try finding something actually worth complaining about.
    Back in burning crusade expansion all these raids (the eye, serpentshrine cavern, karazhan, gruul's lair, magtheridon's lair) were all available on DAY ONE and it was up to players to get attunement for the HYJAL raid. Meanwhile this crucible raid with only 2 bosses is the entire patch. Contents get smaller and less and less innovative. Sub drop in masses and you think blizzard is going to release new content sooner but they rather stretch it out as much as possible.

    This is why people like Asmongold complain about WoW 24/7 because the game is at the worst possible state and it's worth complaining about.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    Back in burning crusade expansion all these raids (the eye, serpentshrine cavern, karazhan, gruul's lair, magtheridon's lair) were all available on DAY ONE and it was up to players to get attunement for the HYJAL raid. Meanwhile this crucible raid with only 2 bosses is the entire patch. Contents get smaller and less and less innovative. Sub drop in masses and you think blizzard is going to release new content sooner but they rather stretch it out as much as possible.

    This is why people like Asmongold complain about WoW 24/7 because the game is at the worst possible state and it's worth complaining about.
    Back in the day it took much longer for people to get gear and players didn’t devote the hours to the game back then. There was also a power progression required to move up while only providing 1 difficulty. This means multitudes of players won’t see content going back to this model.
    With LFR and no time released model, players will have every raid cleared inside of a few weeks to a month. Xpacs that last 1.5-2+ years would have content draughts bigger than WoD.
    As far as harder difficulties, top end guilds would clear these raids just as fast with split runs and high skill.
    People like Asmongold also hate on WoW because it’s the thing to do and gets more fans.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    Back in burning crusade expansion all these raids (the eye, serpentshrine cavern, karazhan, gruul's lair, magtheridon's lair) were all available on DAY ONE and it was up to players to get attunement for the HYJAL raid. Meanwhile this crucible raid with only 2 bosses is the entire patch. Contents get smaller and less and less innovative. Sub drop in masses and you think blizzard is going to release new content sooner but they rather stretch it out as much as possible.

    This is why people like Asmongold complain about WoW 24/7 because the game is at the worst possible state and it's worth complaining about.
    I read stuff like this a lot for some reason, its like people forget most of those raids released were so broken and bug riddled they couldn't even be beaten at the time, I can't see why anyone would something like that back.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Since BoD only has 6 bosses for each faction (with all of the better ones being Horde-Only) i would have liked more bosses added to the Tier early, too.

    And before you say "No, it's 9 bosses for everybody!" - just think about it for a second: If they made a 8.1.6 patch which read: "We are now giving you the chance to visit NPC Mercynator to swap your faction on the two BFA continents! This allows you to play the quests of the opposite faction! Since this means we DOUBLED the release content of the game available to everybody, we will therefore delay the 8.2 patch by 2 months! Enjoy!"

    ...would you like that? because that is actually what they did....they created 6 bosses for each faction (3 of which are mirrored)...and since that was suckingly little, they just forced you to faction-change and play the other 3 bosses on a charatcer that is not your character.

    It is the same as forcing you to swap factions to play the quests of the other continent. But for some reason most players seem to not be bothered by it in the raid....open your eyes people. If you are fine with this bullshit inside a raid, it will happen in the world next.
    I..I.... want what you are smoking

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    16 April is fine for this meaningless 2 boss raid


    i will be pissed if azshara raid comes before august though
    They said that the azshara raid would come not long after 8.2 is released, that they would give us enough time to finish the story and all the new stuff so expect 1-3 weeks after 8.2 comes out for the raid.

  16. #76
    Guys, I know it is hard but you have to let it go...
    I had 30k achievement points and more than 2 years of game time. I recorded my chracters, made some screenshots and uninstalled it with the battle.net client.

    I told them in a "subbmit suggestion" that I want BC, WOtlK progression... every 11days you can choose a mythic raid level gear from a vendor (by doing stuff in the game) so there is a steady progression. And after that item upgrading by 5ilvl, socket, and other speed, leech, indus. bonuses.
    I don't understand why they don't let people to get fully geared before the new raid?????So maybe they can just enjoy the power of their work at least for a month.

    But they ignnored it, not even a thank you in my mail box... There are way more better games out there... Metro Exodus,Black Desert, I am replaying the half-life series right now.
    Last edited by dhru2; 2019-03-04 at 07:57 AM.

  17. #77
    Would be nice to release BoD AND CoS around the same time. Would be nice to see 2 different raids being introduced around or at the same time. I want raid choice danggit!! None of this *one raid at a time* BS.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dhru2 View Post
    Guys, I know it is hard but you have to let it go...
    I had 30k achievement points and more than 2 years of game time. I recorded my chracters, made some screenshots and uninstalled it with the battle.net client.

    I told them in a "subbmit suggestion" that I want BC, WOtlK progression... every 11days you can choose a mythic raid level gear from a vendor (by doing stuff in the game) so there is a steady progression. And after that item upgrading by 5ilvl, socket, and other speed, leech, indus. bonuses.
    I don't understand why they don't let people to get fully geared before the new raid?????So maybe they can just enjoy the power of their work at least for a month.

    But they ignnored it, not even a thank you in my mail box... There are way more better games out there... Metro Exodus,Black Desert, I am replaying the half-life series right now.
    ooh ooh...I am hoping RIFTS gets made. That will be one of the only games i'd leave WoW for.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    So far I predict 8.2 in June, Azshara in July, Classic in August, 8.2.5 with Vulpera/Mechagnomes on September, 9.0 reveal on November, 8.3 on December, final raid in January, 8.3.5 with Worgen/Undead Allied Races in March, pre-order and Alpha in April, Beta on Summer, 9.0 launch on Fall 2020.
    They needed 18 months to "design" upright trolls and fat humans and a few weeks/months of PTR to test unimaginative passives, and you believe you'll have Vulperas/Mechagnome in 6 months from now ? Damn.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    Back in burning crusade expansion all these raids (the eye, serpentshrine cavern, karazhan, gruul's lair, magtheridon's lair) were all available on DAY ONE and it was up to players to get attunement for the HYJAL raid. Meanwhile this crucible raid with only 2 bosses is the entire patch. Contents get smaller and less and less innovative. Sub drop in masses and you think blizzard is going to release new content sooner but they rather stretch it out as much as possible.

    This is why people like Asmongold complain about WoW 24/7 because the game is at the worst possible state and it's worth complaining about.
    Nah, he complains all the time because that's what people expect him to do, that's how he gets his views. The game is arguably in a far worse state that it was in legion. But this mini-raid coming out in April instead of March is like the last thing I'd complain about. I'd much rather complain about the azerite gear, of course they're gonna be fixing that in 8.2 so I can understand why you might be desperate to find something else to complain about.

    I'm pretty suuuuuuuuuure most people still playing will be too busy leveling their new Zandalari or Kul Tirans to care frankly. And 8.2 is gonna probably come out in like what, May or June most likely?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Actaeix View Post
    I read stuff like this a lot for some reason, its like people forget most of those raids released were so broken and bug riddled they couldn't even be beaten at the time, I can't see why anyone would something like that back.
    Exactly mate, you understand. Nobody actually wants that shit back LOL.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Back in the day it took much longer for people to get gear and players didn’t devote the hours to the game back then. There was also a power progression required to move up while only providing 1 difficulty. This means multitudes of players won’t see content going back to this model.
    With LFR and no time released model, players will have every raid cleared inside of a few weeks to a month. Xpacs that last 1.5-2+ years would have content draughts bigger than WoD.
    As far as harder difficulties, top end guilds would clear these raids just as fast with split runs and high skill.
    People like Asmongold also hate on WoW because it’s the thing to do and gets more fans.
    Yeah well, people often forget the things that weren't convient about wow back then for the sake of pretending everything was perfect "back in the day". It really wasn't.

  20. #80
    High Overlord Geeky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    /shrug

    Dunno where you got that I wasn't relaxed from that post with but w/e.

    There is no solid reason I've heard so far as to timegate 2 bosses.
    Your defensiveness, for one lol Another one on the block list woo hoo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •