Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Nothing wrong with being competitive. I'm very competitive myself (Used to play starcraft 1 and 2 semi professionaly, and playing Tennis goodly enough to be able to coach next year). Thing is, there are a lot of people who associate it with being a jerk towards the others players (like "lol how can you play so bad, you're doing way less DPS than my alt and i'm even less geared than you, get a life bruh").

    Maybe I'm not being objective, but EVERYTIME I've been playing with a DK, they were either a jerk or complete noob. Nothing inbetween. And when I was playing my own BDK, there was this one time I could remember as if that was yesterday, where this idiot said that his son did better DPS than me when he had absolutely no clues about how leveling works (it was when BFA just came out). He kept telling me how bad I was at surviving dungeons when I was like lvl 118 or 119 compared to his son's lvl 112 or 113.

    Again, I like the competitiveness, but not the constant gloomy's attitude he's been putting everytime he's playing his DK. It's depressing when you're reading his posts .
    Brother, if some random guy manages to get you with random sh*t like his son doing better than you, then I'm sorry but you just confirm Kaver's standpoint about having a weak mentality. I mean, how can you even allow that? Either shut his mouth (if you can), or ignore him, you'd be coming out a winner in both situations. Instead you come out here and talk abot that, which means you haven't managed to deal with it still...

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Brother, if some random guy manages to get you with random sh*t like his son doing better than you, then I'm sorry but you just confirm Kaver's standpoint about having a weak mentality. I mean, how can you even allow that? Either shut his mouth (if you can), or ignore him, you'd be coming out a winner in both situations. Instead you come out here and talk abot that, which means you haven't managed to deal with it still...
    Reasoning with a father that is very proud of his son ? Yeah good luck with that xD
    Trust me I tried. I decided to move on. There was absolutely no point trying to argue with him.

  3. #63
    Having no context as to what frost used to be like it seems alright for me leveling in BFA. When I'm out of runes, I have abilities to use that deal decent damage and regen runes. When I'm out of runic power I have abilities that do better damage and generate runic power. I have cooldowns which hypercharge one, the other, or both at the same time. As opposed to unholy where I kept having periods of just sitting there waiting.

    Haven't really had pvp opportunities yet while leveling, but I do know it feels comfortable to play pulling around 3-5 mobs at once. Stacks well with the "mobs explode when they die" bwansamdi perk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  4. #64
    I still kinda wish Unholy was DW and Frost was 2H, but it's too late for that now...would be too much work for them to go back in time and change artifacts...unless they made Legion completely avoidable in the leveling process. Would need a significant level squish...
    Hope, the greatest power of all!

    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  5. #65
    The Lightbringer docterfreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finding a stranger in the alps.
    Posts
    3,221
    Since weapon damage abilities are all gone, bringing back 2h would be really easy. Re-implement might of the frozen wastes as it was in WoD, change the mastery to something like "increases critical strike damage by %" or "killing machine increases the damage of your next obliterate or frost strike by %", and change some talents.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2019-10-03 at 06:00 PM.

  6. #66
    The worst part about all this, and i mean the WORST, is that i lost my identity as a death knight. Its sickening to see frost dk dw.. im talking purely lore wise and concept wise. Sure, current damage is mediocre and all, but thats really something you can work around with. But when i log my menacing frost Death Knight i expect him to be just that. 2h wielding towering juggernaut, not some rogue in plate armor. This is really low point for Blizzard regarding class development. I mean, paladins get Ashbringer, dh were even given option to xmog f******* legendary weapons.. but for our beloved dk's you get some f***** broken sword that is not even 2h but DW pieces of s***. Its to cry for..

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikado12 View Post
    The worst part about all this, and i mean the WORST, is that i lost my identity as a death knight. Its sickening to see frost dk dw.. im talking purely lore wise and concept wise. Sure, current damage is mediocre and all, but thats really something you can work around with. But when i log my menacing frost Death Knight i expect him to be just that. 2h wielding towering juggernaut, not some rogue in plate armor. This is really low point for Blizzard regarding class development. I mean, paladins get Ashbringer, dh were even given option to xmog f******* legendary weapons.. but for our beloved dk's you get some f***** broken sword that is not even 2h but DW pieces of s***. Its to cry for..
    Same. Same. Same.

  8. #68
    Played a Frost DK since Cata both DW and 2h and pretty much never mained anything else. After playing Frost all throughout Legion though and seeing that nothing was about to change come BfA, I simply couldn't stick with it anymore and I finally rerolled to UH.
    There's just something incredibly wrong about Frost and DKs in general since Legion. Back in the days, DKs were absolute juggernauts with blood presence and all their self-heal and CC breakers. People had to play around the fact that you're a low mobility class that heavily relies on its ranged slow. Sure, rotations were quite simple and often boiled down to either spam as many Obliterates or Frost Strikes as you can (depending on DW or 2H) but there was something uniquely satisfying about the way this class handled in the past.
    Playing duels in early BfA as Unholy made me realize that there's pretty much nothing left of the old DK class fantasy. Only being able to beat rogues by kiting them around a pillar while spamming Reanimation and basically playing like a WL was quite the experience. As it stands now, I pretty much have no interest in playing this class which is a shame considering how much time I've spent with this character.
    Ultimately Blizzard will have to realize that these kinds of subjective experiences are what loses them players that would otherwise never quit the game.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikado12 View Post
    The worst part about all this, and i mean the WORST, is that i lost my identity as a death knight. Its sickening to see frost dk dw.. im talking purely lore wise and concept wise. Sure, current damage is mediocre and all, but thats really something you can work around with. But when i log my menacing frost Death Knight i expect him to be just that. 2h wielding towering juggernaut, not some rogue in plate armor. This is really low point for Blizzard regarding class development. I mean, paladins get Ashbringer, dh were even given option to xmog f******* legendary weapons.. but for our beloved dk's you get some f***** broken sword that is not even 2h but DW pieces of s***. Its to cry for..
    Transmog harder then. I haven't had any trouble finding DK themed 1 handers. The horde darkshore warfront was a goldmine. SPINE axes? Yes please.

    On my experiences with frost so far, addenduming my prior post, it's middle of the road. Better than arms/fury warrior, shaman, druid, or priest. Makes me miss the high mobility of my rogue or monk though, even if the death grip is nice. I mostly like it thematically, which I completely disagree is ruined by dual wielding.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-10-11 at 05:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    I still kinda wish Unholy was DW and Frost was 2H, but it's too late for that now...would be too much work for them to go back in time and change artifacts...unless they made Legion completely avoidable in the leveling process. Would need a significant level squish...
    this can easily be fixed by just switching the weps places lol

  11. #71
    I can say after this Pandaren Death Knights, what blizz has been doing the most is noticing DK's XD

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    this can easily be fixed by just switching the weps places lol
    But it isn't that easy...you forget that each weapon is themed even down to the quests? Blue weapons surrounded by ice don't really fit Unholy. Boney weapon surround by insects doesn't really fit frost. They'd have to go back and reprogram stuff...and it's easier just to skip it.
    Hope, the greatest power of all!

    #WithoutRespectWeReject

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •