Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Prodigy singer Keith Flint dies aged 49

Keith Flint, vocalist with the Prodigy, has died at the age of 49, it has been reported.

The singer was found dead at his home in Essex on Monday.

An Essex police spokesman confirmed that a 49-year-old man had died. “We were called to concerns for the welfare of a man at an address in Brook Hill, North End, just after 8.10am on Monday,” he said.

“We attended and, sadly, a 49-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin have been informed. The death is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”

With his punk aesthetic of spiked hair and intense stare, Flint became one of the UK’s most iconic musical figures in the 1990s. He joined the Prodigy – originally formed by Liam Howlett in 1990 – as a dancer, later becoming a frontman alongside rapper Maxim. Aside from their 1992 debut, all of the group’s seven albums have reached No 1 in the UK, the most recent being No Tourists, released in November 2018.

Flint performed the vocals on the Prodigy’s best known singles, Firestarter and Breathe, which both went to No 1 in 1996 – the former became their biggest US hit, and the group are often credited with helping to break dance music into the mainstream in the country.

Firestarter’s black and white video, featuring a headbanging, gurning Flint, was banned by the BBC after it was screened on Top of the Pops, with parents complaining that it frightened children. The self-lacerating lyrics – “I’m the bitch you hated / filth infatuated” – were the first Flint had written for the band. “The lyrics were about being onstage: this is what I am. Some of it is a bit deeper than it seems,” Flint told Q magazine in 2008.

Tributes have been made from his musical peers, including Ed Simons of dance duo the Chemical Brothers, who called him a “great man”. Beverley Knight said the Prodigy were one of “the most innovative, fearless, ballsy bands to grace a stage and Keith was perfection up front. We have lost a Titan.”

Shadow education secretary Angela Rayner also paid tribute, saying “R.I.P. Keith, you leave so many great memories behind”.

He later went on to become a motorcycle racing team owner and manager.
    https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...t-dies-aged-49

damn this hits hard

Rocked the ol British Punk look, RIP
    Last edited by Daedius; 2019-03-04 at 12:30 PM.

He took his brain to another dimension. RIP

Only 49? That's a shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    NOOOOOOO! Too young! Way too young!

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Prodigy arent punk lol. Still RIP
    Meant their costume

Damn shame, 49 is way to young. One a the few bands who's permanently graced my playlists.
    Glad i got to see them in forest national last year.

7+ Year Old Account
    theprodigyofficial
    The news is true , I can’t believe I’m saying this but our brother Keith took his own life over the weekend ,
    I’m shell shocked , fuckin angry , confused and heart broken ..... r.i.p brother Liam
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BulgJBZAw5L/

Quote Originally Posted by Zakajz View Post
    He took his brain to another dimension. RIP
    You fucker, this made me laugh and now I feel bad.

Sad that he's gone. I personally never liked The Prodigy's stuff after they went faux punk but his vocals on Firestarter are legendary.

My overall favorite band I think. I'm grateful that I got to see them live twice, last time just a few years ago. Kick-fucking-ass show where everyone was crazy. Sad to see him join my club of dead of musicians that I loved and respected for half my life or more. Keith, thanks for everything, and say hello to Bowie, Michael, Cornell and Hendrix for me!
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Another band i regret never being able to see live any more

That's game over for that band, considering he was the voice and face of the band.

Aaron Ramsey strikes again. RIP Keith, Music for the Jilted Generation is one of greatest albums of the 90's.

I'm gutted to hear this. The Prodigy were one of the best of the best bands I have ever seen live in no small part due to Keith's talent and seemingly boundless energy.

Just read, too. RIP. He will be missed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fuck, another suicide. Mental problems don't spare anyone.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Fuck, I love the Prodigy. That sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing smack my bitch up preformed live is not something I'll ever forget.

RIP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember listening to this band during my secondary school days from 1995 - 1999 Flint was from my hometown too. Fuck my life

RIP Keith.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

RIP Keith. The Prodigy were unique at the time. Great music.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah liked afew of his songs,
    Wonder if there were any signs leading up to the suicide that he was unhappy with life,
    I feel like music labels should have mandatory yearly mental health checkups for musicians,