Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    What does the alchemy one even do? Honestly is it even worth it to level to 150? I make a better profit selling the herbs that I farm than turning them into flasks/potions.

Every BFA update is tiny baby step in the right direction, but a bandaid fix in a gaping wound.
    Alchemy one turns into one of these 4 items, can reroll again every hour
    a reusable Coastal Healing Potion.
    a costume item, similar to the Coin of Many Faces (except non-player models).
    summons an interactable eye, which allows you to teleport to any npc hub in your current zone.
    increases the proc chance of your Rank 3 BfA alchemy craftables for 10 minutes.

The BS and Engineering ones are really the only useless ones, egineerring one has NO PASSIVE that we know of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    The hammer being able to repair one piece of gear once an hour is pretty OP and sounds like way too much fun. It'll get nerfed quickly.
    it is a nice like 100g or something saved per use if used on weapon, but its not as good as the others...
    would be nice if with it you had a higher chance for your crafted gear to warforge/titanforge too... speaking it is a titan item.
    engineerring one is just shit, it does literally nothing other then "can summon some shitty minions to help you do world quests"

but really alot of these seem like things mostly to help profession alts and not your main char.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Really leatherworking ability is drums. 2/4 Class that would pickup leatherworking already can cast a better version. Who in the right mind is developing overthere.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalJacx View Post
    Really leatherworking ability is drums. 2/4 Class that would pickup leatherworking already can cast a better version. Who in the right mind is developing overthere.
    2/4 classes that would pick up leatherworking? mind filling me in on these classes?
    cause i seem to remember 4 mail users and 2 leather users, and im abit confused why you only say 4.
    also not all hunters have the bloodlust pet, so its more 1.5/6

also i have met many people who are leather working in cloth, or plate slots, simply for other reasons.

Literally does nothing to alleviate the issue with professions.

You wanna alleviate the issue? Make them as useful as they were in Wrath, Cata and MoP.

Leg Armors for Leatherworkers.

JCs barely craft gems anymore because you decided to go full RNG on sockets in your quest to force RNG on whatever you can in the game.

Shoulder Inscriptions.

Spellthread for Tailors.

And so on. None of this band aid crap fixes the issues with professions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MetalJacx View Post
    Pretty much. Literally no reason to even go for that "tools of the trade".

The BS one is literally a fucking Anvil.

The JC one is something that should have been in the damn game since BC.

Inscription one is literally bodyguards 3.0.

Engi one looks stupid.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-06 at 02:18 AM.

Cool items. Too bad they will most likely be used for this expansion only and not move on with the game.

I'll still keep up hope that they'll add things like gemming, enchanting, leg armors etc back and make professions what they once were.
    Sadly this doesn't seem to be it, going by the reactions from dedicated profession-nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    2/4 classes that would pick up leatherworking? mind filling me in on these classes?
    cause i seem to remember 4 mail users and 2 leather users, and im abit confused why you only say 4.
    also not all hunters have the bloodlust pet, so its more 1.5/6

also i have met many people who are leather working in cloth, or plate slots, simply for other reasons.
    Unrelated, but I love your new Avatar!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I'll still keep up hope that they'll add things like gemming, enchanting, leg armors etc back and make professions what they once were.
    Sadly this doesn't seem to be it, going by the reactions from dedicated profession-nuts.

Unrelated, but I love your new Avatar!
    Thanks, I had to get it, commissioned it a year ago but the artist took sa break to deal with real life stuff, had to wait for a year but promised i would so got it plus another piece with my mask.

its so good *DAB ON THE HORDE, DAB ON THE LIGHT USERS.*

Once an hour I can repair a single piece of equipment. Hold me back, there's no stopping me otherwise.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess when they took out spellthreads, enchanted rings, Synapse Springs etc. they realized they broke professions and just can’t go back and say whoops!

So something that I wont really care for -_-

Blacksmith hammer seems the most useless tool. Repair 1 piece in 1 hour? Really? I can craft armor and weapons in a 3 sec cast, but I totaly dont know how to repair them? LoL.

That JC one looks handy when Epic gems are expensive?

10+ Year Old Account
    They really do have the B team working on WoW, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaylin View Post
    Ok but what do they DO?
    Blacksmithing gives you a CHANCE to craft an indestructible item. Wooooaaahh, cool huh?

Why don't they just merge herbing, skinning, and mining into one skill call it "gathering" every character can do this? Roll cooking and fishing maybe archology into main professions. Let everyone pick 2/3 main professions from Blacksmithing, Leather Working, Inscription, Alchemy, Tailoring, Enchanting, Cooking, Fishing, Engineering, Jewelcrafting, etc.

Meh... too tired prove more later.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The jc, enchanting and alchemy ones seem to be the only decent ones and will be the only ones I try to get on my toons.

So proffs are still worthless and Alchemy remains the only one that’s beneficial. Why are they wasting resources on this trash?

BRING BACK PROFESSION PERKS
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2019-03-06 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Mobile typos >.>

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Why don't they just merge herbing, skinning, and mining into one skill call it "gathering" every character can do this? Roll cooking and fishing maybe archology into main professions. Let everyone pick 2/3 main professions from Blacksmithing, Leather Working, Inscription, Alchemy, Tailoring, Enchanting, Cooking, Fishing, Engineering, Jewelcrafting, etc.

Meh... too tired prove more later.
    "We want professions to mean something"
    "Lets let everyone use 2 crafting professions, and ALL THREE GATHERING PROFESSIONS"

"Professions should mean something"
    "Lets give everyone 5-6 of the 11 professions"

yeaaaah.... no.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    They really do have the B team working on WoW, don't they?
    Heh. Even a B team could do a better job than this mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    So proffs are still worthless and Alchemy remains the only one that’s beneficial. Why are they wasting resources on this trash?

BRING BACK PROFESSION PERKS
    Perks were bloody awesome. Skinning increasing your crit, Herbalism had a nice buff for healers with the mini heal and Haste and so on.

There's literally no reason to have any profession these days except Alchemy and maybe Enchanting. Although even enchants are quite cheap.

The game throws gear at you so most of the crafted stuff is worthless, the Darkmoon Trinkets have been worthless for some time, the alchemist stones are garbage and so on.

And as for JC. Considering they took a feature that was guaranteed on gear and made it RNG because they seem to have an obsession with it as of late even JC is worthless unless RNG decides to be kind. Whereas pre WoD we had coloured sockets which was fine.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-06 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Heh. Even a B team could do a better job than this mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Perks were bloody awesome. Skinning increasing your crit, Herbalism had a nice buff for healers with the mini heal and Haste and so on.

There's literally no reason to have any profession these days except Alchemy and maybe Enchanting. Although even enchants are quite cheap.

The game throws gear at you so most of the crafted stuff is worthless, the Darkmoon Trinkets have been worthless for some time, the alchemist stones are garbage and so on.

And as for JC. Considering they took a feature that was guaranteed on gear and made it RNG because they seem to have an obsession with it as of late even JC is worthless unless RNG decides to be kind. Whereas pre WoD we had coloured sockets which was fine.
    It’s just terrible. Give the game to devs that care at this point.