Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    its been 2 months already since previous hero release - imperius - and there isnt even any announcement of a new one
    we know blizzard has gave up on hots esport but to slack up on new hero development is totally unacceptable compared to LoL
    with pro scene or not players want new heroes to play with or the game stagnates and becomes boring. that is the standard and blizz cant keep up
    should i give up on it as well and move on to other games?
    it wont die it cant die i need my waifus the women that is.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

This game was born dead and has been artificially kept alive by Blizzard and handful of die-hards.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, as much as it pains me, HoTs is not in a good place and is going to die sooner or later, and sadly, more sooner than later

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Blizzard has THE worst ex-fanboys who's whole life now revolves around the fact the company didn't fold up and die when they left or stopped playing their games.
    This is so correct.

Besides what's with the hysteria that every Blizzard game must be eternal? Games normally release, have their time and go. If nobody plays it they will shut it down, drop it from the launcher and move on.

HOTS was very late to the party, considering the entire genre originated from Blizzard's own games. They missed to see the potential in time, could have recruited those map makers that went on creating the big MOBAs later.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hero releases have nothing to do with the health of the game, I think it's fair to assume that.

Some of these heroes have been a long time over due with reworks to their clunkyness. If people won't even pick heroes because they're too cumbersome and retarded to play, then you have a problem that needs to be fixed.

The Whitemane change was a huge one. The first thing I noticed about her when playing her is that she makes no sense. All her talents and abilities expect you to deal dmg, but she deals none and couldn't turret whatsoever, in fact, Whitemane is the very last hero you can be turreting with.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don’t think HotS is going to die any time soon. It will go into a slower release schedule like we’re seeing, but Blizzard will still continue to come out with updates for some time. Even Diablo 3 is getting regular attention with the seasons, so I’m sure we’ll still be getting new heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I never was Blizz fan boy, assumption is false.
    Post history shows that is a lie.

2013 is a long time to be on a Blizzard forum, talking nonstop about Blizzard games for a non-fanboy.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    This game was born dead and has been artificially kept alive by Blizzard and handful of die-hards.
    no it wasnt. the game had potential to be an alternative for the boring long ass lol/dota games. Im 100% sure if Blizzard released it with Items last hit and all the annoying Crap the Game would have been a huge success but instead People cried cuz they couldnt carry solo anymore.

but in the End blizzard wasnt willing to spend a few millions per year on it and rather give it their CEOs or whatever overpaid Employee and killed it
    Last edited by lqr; 2019-03-08 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I mean did you see their most recent picture of the "team"? They have like a 12 person team now....
    You do know that it wasn't the entire dev team in that 1 picture, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I mean did you see their most recent picture of the "team"? They have like a 12 person team now....
    Considering they will create new maps and heroes you don't need many more than that. It means that content might be slower. But not that's its stopping. If it was dead they would have 0 developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Considering they will create new maps and heroes you don't need many more than that. It means that content might be slower. But not that's its stopping. If it was dead they would have 0 developers.
    Nobody said "dead". Said "dying", which it very clearly is.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This game is working with a skeleton crew, I don't think you will see quick development being made on it.

I actually never played but I was a huge fan of the models made for this, they really put up some work on it.

Now I think I never will, because apparently they just gave up on it.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    HotS is on life support. It's as good as dead, and anyone who can't see that is delusional.

Had a good run though. As someone who's played since second waved closed alpha the game had a good chance to compete but due to dev talent shifting by ActiBlizz/poor marketing/pulling the plug too early it couldn't make it.

RIP
    Pretty much this in nutshell. And yet people still says i'm a hater, just like three years ago, when Legion was released and i said that Activision got more control over Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post

Nah, HotS is very much alive guys!

Admire my MS paint skills btw
    It's not like it used to have much more viewers. I dont think anyone here is trying to argue that hots is very popular or succesful, but it doesnt mean it's dead.
    Its

I get the impression that the devs who stayed on the HotS team are very passionate about their game and they actually try their hardest to make it better.
    To be perfectly honest, I think it's the only Blizzard dev team that makes me believe they care and I'm cheering for them.

But... The sad reality is that with their resources cut and updates slowing down, I can't see HotS making a come back, no matter how hard the devs are trying. The game will likely continue to get some updates every now and then, while retaining a relatively small audience that mostly plays around patches.

I think the best HotS fans can hope for is that the MOBA market doesn't collapse - I mean, sure, it took a pretty big hit with the rise of Battle Royale games, but League of Legends and to some extent also Dota 2 are still relatively big games, indicating that there's still a lot of people who enjoy playing MOBAs. If that audience stays, perhaps Blizzard might consider making a HotS sequel in a couple of years, but with all the mobile shenanigans going on at Blizzard, I don't really think that's very likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    I get the impression that the devs who stayed on the HotS team are very passionate about their game and they actually try their hardest to make it better.
    To be perfectly honest, I think it's the only Blizzard dev team that makes me believe they care and I'm cheering for them.

But... The sad reality is that with their resources cut and updates slowing down, I can't see HotS making a come back, no matter how hard the devs are trying. The game will likely continue to get some updates every now and then, while retaining a relatively small audience that mostly plays around patches.

I think the best HotS fans can hope for is that the MOBA market doesn't collapse - I mean, sure, it took a pretty big hit with the rise of Battle Royale games, but League of Legends and to some extent also Dota 2 are still relatively big games, indicating that there's still a lot of people who enjoy playing MOBAs. If that audience stays, perhaps Blizzard might consider making a HotS sequel in a couple of years, but with all the mobile shenanigans going on at Blizzard, I don't really think that's very likely.
    Yep i appreciate that they are passionate, but that dosen't mean i like the course game is getting. The biggest issues are not solved for few years and furthermore, year ago they maked an huge mess with MMR, huge enough to restart few times a season.

Yeah, I stopped playing after Blizzard announced they were abandoning HOTS and eSports. I played over 5k games in the past couple years and it was a good game but it's definitely entering the stagnation/decline stage. The last major additions were leftovers from the full team. Now you'll only get a random new skin or character once in a blue moon.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Yep i appreciate that they are passionate, but that dosen't mean i like the course game is getting. The biggest issues are not solved for few years and furthermore, year ago they maked an huge mess with MMR, huge enough to restart few times a season.
    Yeah, sadly they've been dropping the ball on matchmaking pretty much since the game launched. I don't think it's a matter of them not wanting to make it better, but more not really having a really solid idea how to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post

Nah, HotS is very much alive guys!

- - - Updated - - -

Admire my MS paint skills btw
    The current streamers for HotS are pretty boring tbh. People like AlexProG and Grubby who I used to watch left the scene yonks ago.

I miss Grubb playing Hots. Dearly. It only leaves me with Pallytime who isnt playing as much so I have zero Hots stuff to watch anymore. Ugh.