Thread: Assassin Help

Assassin Help

Hey Guys!

I'm fairly new to the rogue alt but I feel like I'm playing like dogshit for this gear level, absolutely not pulling numbers I should. Any assistance would be lovely.

Armory - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...%C3%ACv%C3%ACn

Logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Yq2bWxmaH9PznMrk/

Rotation

Stealth + Garrote
    Vendette
    Toxic Blade
    Mutiliate(if not 5 CP)
    Rupture
    Mutiliate to 5cp
    Envenom

Repeating / Re-applying dots as necessary.

Garrote, mut, ven, rupture, mut, toxic, (mut if under 4cp) envenom, use mut until 4 or 5 cp - do NOT mut again if ur at 4 CP, Envenom, mut to 4-5cp, envenom, vanish, refresh garrote, mut once, refresh rupture, mut 1 more time, pool energy waiting for garrote, do NOT overcap energy, refresh garrote for 1 cp, mut once, wait till 90% energy, toxic blade, then envenom 3 times while toxic is up and elaborate planning. then it's just refreshing bleeds and garrote and pooling enough energy to get 3x envenoms out with toxic blade and elaborate planning.

That's the jist of it.

in the opener you want to mut before the first toxic blade otherwise it will fall off for the 3rd envenom unless u crit with both daggers and get 4-5CP from one mut.

U can use rupture and envenom at 4cp, you don't need to be 5.

You are also overcapped on energy for way too long. I cba to do a detailed log analysis, it's easier for you to look @ other good parses and figure it out for yourself.

https://gyazo.com/e6bf3b15b66a1a4a61fe38f653d31ce2
    Last edited by JessicaJones; 2019-03-08 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaJones View Post

You are also overcapped on energy for way too long. I cba to do a detailed log analysis, it's easier for you to look @ other good parses and figure it out for yourself.
    This. I haven't checked extensively. But the important parts from what I can see is that your uptime on DoTs isn't bad on the first boss, but could be better on the other ones.
    Most importantly though you're capping on energy A LOT; and this is costing you a ton of DPS.

The 3 most important things for assassination DPS are:
    1) Always have Garrote and Rupture running (on any target that lives long enough, so approx 15+ sec)
    2) Don't overcap energy
    3) Don't overcap on CP (which mainly means don't mutilate at 4+ CP)

Work on those first. If your DPS is low, first get your basics in order and then look at more advanced stuff like correct openers and stuff.
    (Just saying that because in 95%+ cases people start jabbering about how you have a bad opener, when that's literally <5% of your overal dps on a fight).

If you're new to the spec it will take some time, but Assassination is really one of the easiest specs to learn.

CP builders:
    If you have less than 5 CP and target doesn't have Garrote applied OR garrote will fall off in 5 sec --> Garrote
    If you have less than 4 CP and Garrote is applied --> Mutilate
    If there are 3 targets you can use Fan of Knives to keep deadly poison up on all targets, but you want to keep using mutilate to build CP.
    If there are 4+ targets use Fan of Knives instead of Mutilate to build CP.

CP spenders:
    If you have 4+ CP --> Rupture if the target has no rupture yet or has < 6 sec remaining on it's rupture
    Otherwise --> Envenom

As for cooldowns:
    Toxic Blade
    You just want to use toxic blade as soon as it's up. I know there are some slight advantages you can gain when you time it with Envenom and stuff, but being realistic that's not the kind of thing that will take you from bottom DPS to top DPS. Get the basics right first and then move on to slightly more advanced stuff (for which I would advise checking discord instead of MMO).
    The only thing you might want to do is make sure you don't have to refresh Rupture during Toxic Blade window so you get the max out of it. Don't delay Toxic Blade too long (e.g. more than 5 sec or so) for this though or you'll probably lose more than you gain.

Vendetta
    Probably also want to use this on cooldown as much as possible. But this has a bit more finesse. You want to get the maximum amount of uses out of this, while at the same time lining it up as much as possible with other cooldowns (such as bloodlust).

If you want EZ mode: use it on cooldown as missing 1 use costs you WAAAAY more dps than getting a perfect alignment with stuff.

If you're getting better you'll want to look at fight lengths and then aligning it with e.g. Toxic Blade and Bloodlust and your second potion etc.
    For example your Champion fight is 2:12. So you want to use Vendetta the second it comes up to squeeze that second use in.
    But your Grong fight lasts 5:52, meaning you can only get 3 uses in max (on pull; at 2 min and at 4 min mark) and you'll have a buffer of just under 2 minutes to play with. Meaning that you can delay vendetta for quite a few seconds at both the 2 and 4 minute mark to line up with potions / toxic blade and stuff if necessary; without losing another use.

That's about it. There is very little you can do wrong if you adhere to the 3 basic rules at the top of my post.

Having good assassination traits on your azerite gear is also important, but your low DPS currently is not due to that, but more because you're not following the basics.
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2019-03-08 at 04:17 PM.

speaking of az traits. the best ones are...? best to stack? my current gear has meh traits on it, and none that are stacking, so I have like one of everything. looked on discord but didn't really give a best/worst or best stack/don't stack info.

Check bloodmallet website for azerites.

Poslano sa mog SM-A510F koristeći Tapatalk