Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Ion.... You are completely clueless.

Wow already feels freaking huge, it doesn't need to feel bigger. That's why people want portals.

We see your concerns, but fuck you. Enjoy the patch. Like a broken record.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    In other words:

We know you don't like this, but we are going to do it anyway. Thank you next.
    This pretty much.

The whole "But the world will feel bigger" argument only matter if, and I know this is crazy talk, the world actually has something to do in it (for max level). A giant, empty world that we're just flying over is nothing but a boring chore; a chance to afk, tab out and go to the bathroom, get a drink, check a website, etc. It does absolutely nothing for game play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    I'm cynical enough that it seems like they just want to increase participation metrics with a paper-thin gameplay justification.
    That would make sense if there was a large contingent of people who actually do legacy farming. But when you can make an argument that there's as many people getting cutting edge than there are people who legacy farm, I'm pretty sure that's not the reason for it.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    here's the irony, there wouldn't need to be so many portals if they actually connected the world together instead of it all being separate instanced zones, like how northrend is one giant zone unreachable by anything other than the boat/portal system, or how azuremyst/bloodmyst/quel'thalas are all located in outland (the actual locations have since been zoned off by invisible walls and you can no longer go to them via the 'twisting nether'), alternate draenor is like northrend of pandaria, they are just massive sub zones that can't be reached by any other means than teleportation nodes or boats, each and every single major land mass is its' own microcosm and they are trying to make it so that no longer is the case but it will never be due the fact that they are always separate from everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedictu View Post
    Roll a Druid. They can do everything. I don't know why everyone doesn't main a Druid. We have almost as many ports/teleports as a mage.
    This is actually true, the emerald dream portals are actually pretty damn convenient.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Portal Rooms coming with 8.1.5 has this issue for a while.
    Because they come with a lot of old portals being removed.

Blizzard posts a lot of "explanations" about it, but they're just:
    TL;DR: Trying to justify an unwelcome change...

Instead, why can't you find a middle ground? Old portals didn't make anyone as good as a Mage when going around, new art is really good, why not make it a good change too?
    It's really so hard to understand Blizzard sometimes. Why keep shooting your own foot, man?

...Well, at least that's a nice BM buff :b

Honestly if portals being removed is enough for you to quit the game then you were probably just looking for a reason to quit wow anyway lol. Don't get me wrong, it's annoying, but most people are making a way bigger deal out of it than it really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm now thinking that the people who said that this was just another method of Blizzard artificially extending play time to stretch subscriptions further were spot-on. I feel sorry for the devs who have to remove stuff like this from game and also have respond to the community with lawyer-talk like this to justify the removal or risk losing their jobs. This is despite always making a profit but their corporate overlords always want to make more profit so they'll try any little greedy trick they can.

There are better things they can do but they choose to go a step backwards instead by removing useful functions we all grew accustomed to and instead of actually making the world bigger for people it will further pigeonhole players into one spot.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Patch 8.1.5 - Rearranging and Removing Portals
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    And of course, some players have chosen to play as Warlocks or Mages specifically because those classes offer unique means of transport.
    I really wonder who are those that thought "I'm gonna roll a lock so I can summon the fuck out of people".
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by Abillioncats View Post
    Honestly if portals being removed is enough for you to quit the game then you were probably just looking for a reason to quit wow anyway lol. Don't get me wrong, it's annoying, but most people are making a way bigger deal out of it than it really is.
    This is more likely a 'Straw that broke the camel's back' situation. Just that one more thing that has pushed a player to unsubscribe (and there have been a lot of things in BFA).

I'm looking at my warlock bars at the moment. Where is my transport?

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    I really wonder who are those that thought "I'm gonna roll a lock so I can summon the fuck out of people".
    Certainly reinforces the idea that the devs don't actually play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    That would make sense if there was a large contingent of people who actually do legacy farming. But when you can make an argument that there's as many people getting cutting edge than there are people who legacy farm, I'm pretty sure that's not the reason for it.
    Relative to the amount of effort it takes to remove the portals (i.e. almost none) it's entirely plausible that increasing the time spent in-game by legacy farmers would be well worth the (lack of) effort for Blizzard.

I expected them to do this for a while, they've done it before, frankly I've never agreed with the thinking behind it. It's a minor convenience and removing most of these portals adds nothing other than a smaller range of locations most people will bind their hearth.

I do agree that the Cleft of Shadows was a mess though. Not opposed to cleaning that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    Relative to the amount of effort it takes to remove the portals (i.e. almost none) it's entirely plausible that increasing the time spent in-game by legacy farmers would be well worth the (lack of) effort for Blizzard.
    I mean, that's pretty painfully obvious at this point. Just as the loot changes to legacy raid now make it a pain to get certain items (like old tier gear, which is no longer guaranteed drops; 5 weeks and counting with 0 tier chests from Kael'thas, heck I got Ashes of Al'ar and no tier token let alone the right one), or just how the leveling changes that were meant for scaling "coincidentally" also adjusted XP values in ways that vastly increased leveling time (though they did revert some of those).

Their reasoning is contrived. Me now having to fly more to do Angler dailies or whatever other old content there is doesn't make the world feel "more alive". It makes me AFK more. In fact, it might even make me NOT do certain content because I think to myself do I really want to invest an extra 10 minutes into this.

This has no mechanical reason and does little other than increase tedium.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    There trying to convince players/keep players while still pushing the change to live. If more players leave my guess would be some devs or cms might be on the chopping block next round of layoffs. There using the same argument as they did with pathfinder/anti flying. Trying to say it makes the world feel bigger. Vote with your wallets unsub, we know right now that activision is paying attention to how players react. If you allow the devs to win it will only cause them to change more things for there own benefit, not the players. Removing portals is just there way of avoiding fixing meaningful things in game. Classes and other bugs for example. Don't let them lie to you.
    *They are or They're - not There.
    *Their

Good lord...

Yeah because BM needs buffs...
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]