Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 8.1.5 Survival Guide, Cycle of Life, Portal Guide, Fan Art, Diablo on GOG

Tides of Vengeance Survival Guide - Part 3
    Blizzard released their survival guide for Patch 8.1.5.

Patch 8.1.5 PTR - Cycle of Life Tortollan Quest
    The PTR has added an interesting new world quest to the Tortollan lineup called the Cycle of Life.

• It takes place with Scrollsage Nola and can spawn anywhere that the baby turtle quest Beachhead resides.
    • This quest is very different from helping baby turtles to the water. Upon reaching it, Nola will tell you "These tiny crabs need help! I hate to see any living things suffer. Would you be willing to lend a hand?"
    • You then take control of a crab and must move left or right in order to block baby turtles from reaching the water whilst avoiding the orb attacks from Scroll of Blasting.
    • After blocking a baby turtle, its shell will appear on your head and you can use Throw Turtle Shell to take out any baby turtles in a line up the beach.
    • The quest ends when you block 20 baby turtles from the water. Nola exclaims "All creatures in nature must live together in balance. But I can't help cheering for the little turtles!"

Patch 8.1.5 Portal Change Advice
    WoW subreddit user TheYamagato put together a nice guide detailing how to get around in Azeroth with the portal changes coming next week. Click the banner below for some great advice! For reference, here is a list of portals being removed with Tuesday's patch (Legion Dalaran portals will be available as you level through the content, but phase out once you reach current content):

• Caverns of Time
    • Dalaran Crater
    • Karazhan
    • Wyrmrest Temple
    • Vale of Eternal Blossoms
    • Hellfire Peninsula

Warcraft Reign of Chaos - Episode 11
    JoseBV has released part 11 of Reign of Chaos!

Diablo Released on GOG
    GOG has added the original Diablo to their repertoire of games for purchase. According to PCGamer, Warcraft: Orcs vs. Humans and Warcraft II will be making their way to the site as well. For now, you can purchase the original Diablo or the updated version.

Maybe Blizz should have added "Teaser" to the Survival Guide title. I was expecting actual info in the video.

They will remove those portals for real... this is becoming unfucking belviable! Well, guess what I will remove my credit card from your battle.net too, Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by dhru2 View Post
    They will remove those portals for real... this is becoming unfucking belviable! Well, guess what I will remove my credit card from your battle.net too, Blizzard!
    You had your credit card saved on there?

I always just put game time on manually and never saved the CC. Only 4 things I have it saved on are Steam, PS4, Netflix and Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamilynne View Post
    Maybe Blizz should have added "Teaser" to the Survival Guide title. I was expecting actual info in the video.
    It's just a normal teaser for the people that don't read all the news, just to catch them up to speed.

I'm not sure if the new turtle quest pleases me or not. I'm going with not for the moment.

But the removal of portals is supposed to encourage player interaction in the world.

For example, if you want to go farm something in caverns of time, you should stop and have a grog with xxlegolasxx at the inn in ratchet on your way there.

I have to say, that Reign of Chaos episode is pure gold.

Ignoring the BoD raid, it seems that 8.1.5 adds more to the game than 8.1 did.

- - - Updated - - -

How could you live without them before Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    How could you live without them before Legion?
    Playing devil's advocate. When I was a kid there were no mobile phones. Guess giving up on them would be just as easy, because there was one point in time when we didn't have them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    I have to say, that Reign of Chaos episode is pure gold.
    It was pretty good, but I'll be damned if the low sound quality made the fight scene painful.

And ppl are still crying about portals ? Pathetic xd

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...st_815_portal/

Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    And ppl are still crying about portals ? Pathetic xd

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...st_815_portal/
    "Pathetic" As in removing QoL things for farming old world content? What's the idea here, to make more people quit the game? Do you want an empty "huge world" ? I don't know about you, but it's fine to complain when bad changes happens to the game you like.

Wait...waitwaitwaitwait. These are the portals that are removed that have people freaking out? Seriously!?
    The CoT one I can see for sure as it’s a portal next to many dungeons and a raid. Vale is valid also, yet we still get a portal to Pandaria in a different zone that’s less centered.
    But Dalaran Crater? That’s not useful.
    Hellfire Penninsula? We have a portal straight to Shat.
    Wyrmrest Temple? Jesus I didn’t even know this one existed. Would have been nice I guess but as I’ve never known about it I can’t say I’m going to miss it. Especially after the past 4 years of never going that way anyways.
    Karazan? There’s a quest you can complete in 2 run thrus that gives you a ring that ports you to the doors, and a portal to Blasted Lands that is one zone over and roughly 3-5 mins of flight.
    This is truly the end of the world...of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Playing devil's advocate. When I was a kid there were no mobile phones. Guess giving up on them would be just as easy, because there was one point in time when we didn't have them?
    Well you do have a point there

Quote Originally Posted by Kamilynne View Post
    What info did you expect? Did you expect him to just read the latest blue post about 8.1.5? This is a video targeted at players that don't read the WoW news it will popup in the launcher and give them the brief info about what to expect. If you want details you already have them in other forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Wait...waitwaitwaitwait. These are the portals that are removed that have people freaking out? Seriously!?
    The CoT one I can see for sure as it’s a portal next to many dungeons and a raid. Vale is valid also, yet we still get a portal to Pandaria in a different zone that’s less centered.
    But Dalaran Crater? That’s not useful.
    Hellfire Penninsula? We have a portal straight to Shat.
    Wyrmrest Temple? Jesus I didn’t even know this one existed. Would have been nice I guess but as I’ve never known about it I can’t say I’m going to miss it. Especially after the past 4 years of never going that way anyways.
    Karazan? There’s a quest you can complete in 2 run thrus that gives you a ring that ports you to the doors, and a portal to Blasted Lands that is one zone over and roughly 3-5 mins of flight.
    This is truly the end of the world...of Warcraft.
    The portals mentioned above are only useful while leveling, when you have to go and get your artifacts for if you want to go to Outland at level 60. CoT is the only usuful one.

But I would replace Norhtrend Dalaran portal with Wyrmrest Temple and Azsuna with Broken Isles Dalaran. But again it's not a big deal because you get the Dalaran Hearthstone.

Love the new RoC episode. The sound quality near the end got very low quality though, and the Vol'dun music doesn't feel very fitting for the fight scene imo.

According to PCGamer
    or you know, Blizzard is a better source https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22887...ogcom-3-7-2019

10+ Year Old Account
    another slim ass updare...jesus this is taking so long...where is my pathfinder 2

" A turtle DIDN'T make it to the water!"