Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Ya i'm not sure doing the same world quests over and over can be considered content. It's menial content at best. WoW has basically turned it's back on the people who made the game great (casuals) while putting in reward after reward for 'pro' players who sink their life into this game. It's a bad way to develop games.
    World Quests are just glorified dailies. Nothing else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    The amount of "f*cks" you wrote in this posts makes my point.

Also, I really cba to reply to all your lines there. RNG doesn't affect gearing only. It affects reps, mount/pet drop chances (if emissary is gonna pop up or not).

And about gearing- it is extremely bad compared to previous expansions (spec pre wod where we could choose how/when/what we gonna upgrade with vp/jp/bis items being in raids actually).

If you don't understand what "azerite RNG" is, then think twice.

And learn how to behave too.

Have a nice evening.
    i say fuck alot because its hilariously frustrating how stubborn and illogicla you are being

rng for non combat based rewards has ALWAYS been a massivly huge part of the game, all the way back to vanilla when you could kill mobs for days before getting a parrot to sell on the AH or use yourself. same with mounts and other things
    also you do not know how emissaries work obviously if you think they are entirely RNG.

you mean how you bought gear that was only equal to normal raid gear, meaning you replaced as soon as you hit heroic?

and again, azerite is not RNG, the gear is literally set up the exact same way normal gear is "this piece comes with these, if you want your BIS you need this specific piece"

learn how to behave? this is the internet, i would agree if i was telling you the kys and that your a 12 year old who ive had sex with your mom.
    nah this is just me being hard with the truth that RNG is worse then old expansions yes, BUT NOT IN LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE WAY. I want titanforging out, but it is already MUCH better then it was in Legion, as it has 7 less slots that can titanforge then Legion, which is great.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya i'm not sure doing the same world quests over and over can be considered content. It's menial content at best. WoW has basically turned it's back on the people who made the game great (casuals) while putting in reward after reward for 'pro' players who sink their life into this game. It's a bad way to develop games.
    did anyone call those content? people called doing them for the FIRST TIME content...
    cause yes experiancing a raid for the first time is... new content, but once you have done that raid 20 times it is not new anymore is it?

and holy shit we agree, that this game was made for casuals and should stay that way, sadly lots dont.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Hardly. Dailies in the past had some relevance to the story line and/or continuance of the storyline of a zone or expansion. World quests are just mindless quests with minimal reward and way less reputation gain.

7+ Year Old Account
    and that is a bad thing... how? they have been around almost 13 years. and have become better and better, where before you had to go pick them up then go out and do them, then go back and hand them in, now you have MANY choices of which ones you want to do, and you dont need to run to town, you can just... go do the quest.

- - - Updated - - -

Hardly. Dailies in the past had some relevance to the story line and/or continuance of the storyline of a zone or expansion. World quests are just mindless quests with minimal reward and way less reputation gain.
    what?
    have you like, not done world quests?
    world quests have just as much relevance to the story as dailies, can you point me to dailies that "progressed the storyline"

also world quests give FAR, FAR more rep then dallies.
    an emisarry gives atleast total 1500+75x4 rep. then you add on that you can do ALL of them if you want, and it is FAR more rep, then sons of hodir dailies, or netherwing dailies.

The amount of "f*cks" you wrote in this posts makes my point.

Also, I really cba to reply to all your lines there. RNG doesn't affect gearing only. It affects reps, mount/pet drop chances (if emissary is gonna pop up or not).

And about gearing- it is extremely bad compared to previous expansions (spec pre wod where we could choose how/when/what we gonna upgrade with vp/jp/bis items being in raids actually).

And learn how to behave too.

Have a nice evening.
    Amount of RNG in the game right now is a fucking joke.

I remember when the game was "after a few weeks of bad luck you WILL get a piece of gear". Now it's "you MAY get a piece of gear". It's absolutely disgusting and just encourages people to stay subbed more chasing the pitiful carrot on stick.

Not to mention there's all sorts of shitty RNG tied to said gear like Titanforging, extra stats and sockets. They literally removed sockets on gear to make it an RNG thing which has for the most part killed Jewelcrafting. Disgusting.

And Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

The RNG in this game is pathetic and the devs know what it does. Hence why they are constantly doubling down on it.

- - - Updated - - -

True. Although a lot of the dailies were the same quest.

And funny part is they do give less rep lol. 75 per WQ is pathetic. Elite ones in Legion gave 250. In fact Legion did WQs right because each tier aka normal, blue and elite had their own amount of rep.

But of course can't have players getting rep too fast and unsubbing because that wouldn't give Actiblizz the monehs.

Seriously everything about BFA so far has been "how long can we keep people throwing monthly money at us" rather than fun and enjoyable experiences. And tbh so was late Legion with crap like the Crucible.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-09 at 06:23 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    And Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.
    yeah no that is
    1. a right out fucking lie, do you have ANY evidance of this, because items have pre-set azerite, it is not "rolled"
    2. again azerite is not RNG, azerite gear has SET azerite traits per piece, stop spreading absolute lies about how the system you do not know.

- - - Updated - - -

btw are you serious that you think azerite gear traits are randomly generated? you and elccy are serious, or have you literally NEVER gotten an azerite piece? they are not RNG, they are literally chosen on the piece when the gear is MADE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and that is a bad thing... how? they have been around almost 13 years. and have become better and better, where before you had to go pick them up then go out and do them, then go back and hand them in, now you have MANY choices of which ones you want to do, and you dont need to run to town, you can just... go do the quest.

- - - Updated - - -

what?
    have you like, not done world quests?
    world quests have just as much relevance to the story as dailies, can you point me to dailies that "progressed the storyline"

also world quests give FAR, FAR more rep then dallies.
    an emisarry gives atleast total 1500+75x4 rep. then you add on that you can do ALL of them if you want, and it is FAR more rep, then sons of hodir dailies, or netherwing dailies.
    The entirety of the Golden Lotus quest line in Mists as well as the Landfall quests and Klaxxi quests (more so when you get to exalted). Also the entire main part of the Garrison quest line in WoD and the one in Hellfire although I forget what that line is called and those are more weekly than daily but still furthered the story of the expansion. I'm aware of the emissary things but i'm talking about the quests themselves. The ones in previous expansions at least give 250 points, more if you have the commendations for the reputation you're grinding. Also there were tabards of reps you could wear to gain reputation which sadly don't exist anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    The entirety of the Golden Lotus quest line in Mists as well as the Landfall quests and Klaxxi quests (more so when you get to exalted). Also the entire main part of the Garrison quest line in WoD and the one in Hellfire although I forget what that line is called and those are more weekly than daily but still furthered the story of the expansion. I'm aware of the emissary things but i'm talking about the quests themselves. The ones in previous expansions at least give 250 points, more if you have the commendations for the reputation you're grinding. Also there were tabards of reps you could wear to gain reputation which sadly don't exist anymore.
    yeah... those are weekly CAMPAIGN quests, not dailies, they were CAMPAIGNS not daily quests.
    sorta like the war campaign, and the mangi rep quests.

250 was for legion's elite quests, i would need to look back.
    commendations was ONLY MoP no other expansion did that.
    and the tabard rep things were just annoying "buy this tabard then spam dungeons for a few hours" i mean yeah it was something different but do we really want the game to be "ok the expansion just came out, i hit 130... TIME TO BUY THE TABARD AND SPAM DUNGEONS FOR 9 HOURS TO GET MY RAID GEAR!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah... those are weekly CAMPAIGN quests, not dailies, they were CAMPAIGNS not daily quests.
    sorta like the war campaign, and the mangi rep quests.

250 was for legion's elite quests, i would need to look back.
    commendations was ONLY MoP no other expansion did that.
    and the tabard rep things were just annoying "buy this tabard then spam dungeons for a few hours" i mean yeah it was something different but do we really want the game to be "ok the expansion just came out, i hit 130... TIME TO BUY THE TABARD AND SPAM DUNGEONS FOR 9 HOURS TO GET MY RAID GEAR!"
    Have come to the conclusion you're just here to argue. Go away. Thanks!
    -civilized people of the internet.

Remember Warbringers and Scouts in MoP? Those were fucking awesome to farm rep with. 1500 rep per token. Or 750 I think for the smaller ones. Not to mention the bonus dungeon thing with the star where you clicked it and got rep with the faction you chose at the end.

Imo Mists did rep farming the best. Gave you plenty of ways to get it, gave a good chunk and so on. Shaohao and August were a bit grindy but the rewards in the end were worth it. And maybe Shieldwall but Shieldwalls story was pretty damn awesome.

Literally BFA it's hope the emissary is up or spam a zone. Because Islands is slow as hell and again the rep tokens give a piddly amount. Again so they can keep that "time played" metric up and keep the sub money rolling in.

- - - Updated - - -

Mate honestly. Not worth having a debate with people who just want to tell you why you are wrong and they are right.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-09 at 06:33 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much. Can't have a debate with people who just want to argue/say why you're wrong sadly.
    You are literally making up lies about how the azerite system works, you are worse then anti vaxxers who refuse to look at evidance
    the azerite system works literally in no way you say it does, you are an absolute liar and fear monger, making up scenarios to try and make azerite gear look bad.
    azerite gear does not have random traits
    no piece of azerite gear "is missing a spec"
    you cannot get azerite gear from the opposite faction
    azerite gear does not randomly generate upon being looted.

you are literally as your president would say "fake news"
    plain and simple AZERITE GEAR IS NOT RANDOMLY GENERATED, YOU ARE A LIAR

- - - Updated - - -

and you are not..?
    this is a forum...
    welcome to the internet?

But to reiterate. It's not that BFA has ran out of content per se. It's just that most of the content is garbage and not worth doing.

Not to mention their consistent need to carefully timegate stuff so people stay subbed another month.

10+ Year Old Account
    But to reiterate. It's not that BFA has ran out of content per se. It's just that most of the content is garbage and not worth doing.

Not to mention their consistent need to carefully timegate stuff so people stay subbed another month.
    Bingo! We have a winner here. Somebody get this guy a medal!

Bingo! We have a winner here. Somebody get this guy a medal!
    I would actually like a medal tbh. Or a donut....

They are not glorified dailies, they are glorified Leveling Quests & Rares..

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=283309/...lator-now-live
    azerite gear is not random
    learn your facts and stop making out right out lies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    I mean alot of them are not quests you did while leveling, and are new quests, but yes some of them are leveling quests... but again, but so did normal dailies back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Funny thing is you aren't wrong. At least 40-60% maybe more are levelling quests.

And the Naga "invasions" that are upcoming are absolutely pathetic. Just the same bar filling nonsense we've been doing for a while from what a friend on PTR told me.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-09 at 06:50 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    You can have freshly conjured mage cookies

More on topic, it isn't that BfA has "no content". It has actually a lot of content, but it's largely crappy and not very well thought out (looks like they are ditching warfronts in 8.2, since there are no news of any new warfront in the PTR), which on top has to be experienced through the lens of uber-pruned and boring classes. Blizzard could be pumping the most stellar content ever seen (not really what we're getting btw), and the current state of classes would still severely diminish it nonetheless.

PS: Felplague banned again?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really think World quests are considered casual. You can do them in a few hours(Yes I enjoy them but that's beside the point). I don't really believe the argument that Blizzard turned away from casuals, I don't think thats a thing in BFA. World quests aren't really replayable outside of well daily, cause once you do them they are done. Dailies more or less functioned the same way, except they were specific areas and World Quests are in all current content zones.

I'd rather see events incursions or whatever that while you won't get far behind if you decide to chill and not play for a bit but still be able to play world content if you finish things like say World quests.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Too bad, they always work.

But yeah, when I saw "no content" I pretty much expected an account with < 10 posts and zero arguments, just a one liner to get people going
    Well, it worked. Got our resident Blizz shill banned. Its mission: Accomplished.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why even try? We know that people will just calmly claim shit and naysay and hope you get so enraged that you end with an infraction.
    I'm glad you got it. And she got it, as well.
    /spit@Blizzard