Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Erasing them would imply they permanently disappeared though.

They just went to better/greener pastures. Like FF14 and ESO.
    Which breaks my heart as a WoW player. I'm such a big WoW fan i've driven to blizzcon from the east coast several times. I've got the murky pet i've been a fan so long.

But there is no denying that today's WoW is hurting. Badly. BFA has done more damage to WoW, that i've seen personally, than all the other expacs combined.

The other expacs at least elicited emotions of anger/disgust/outrage, etc.... BFA has done something far more dangerous, it created apathy in the playerbase. Once someone is apathetic towards a game, film, or product... that's a wrap, they'll never come back. Look at how badly Solo did post TLJ. BFA = TLJ of WoW. Apathy is far more dangerous for a game than any amount of anger

BFA is at that point where i dont think it can be saved.

I'm happy for those who are having a great time with it though and hope they continue to do so, but it's basically diablo 3 the MMO today and that turns a lot of people off. D3 wasn't even the best in the diablo series, but WoW's loot/reward structures are all almost directly copy/pasted from Diablo 3 for BFA.

M+ are just Rifts with a WoW twist.
    Different levels of gear with RNG?
    WQ that put you right into the action with gear equal to current content?
    Seasonal approach?
    Talent tree's?
    Homogenized classes?

At what point is it ok for us to admit that current WoW is more Diablo 3 than it is vanilla WoW?
    Last edited by justandulas; 2019-03-21 at 12:39 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Erasing them would imply they permanently disappeared though.

They just went to better/greener pastures. Like FF14 and ESO.
    Well, ESO seems to be a quite decent MMO. I'm having a blast with it, as well as with Path of Exile (even if the new league is kind of meh)

There is life beyond WoW, although I might return if 8.2 fixes at least a part of what it's broken in this xpac.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    Yeeey "Ive killed jaina in LFR content done thread" There is nothing more to do.
    Actually... doing the same content/encounters over and over... with a few changes and increased health/damage, isn't content.

Yes, LFR is EZ mode raiding.. but it pretty much is the content. Doing it again and again, harder and harder, doesn;t make it more fun... it just gives people a way to separate "who is leet and who is noobz"... Blizzard killed the game with all these difficulties.

Oh they devised a way to force high end raiders to run through the content on two difficulties... and gave everyone a way to force others to run LFR with them, and made it easy enough to pug a normal. But content consumed that much faster because that is ALL there is to the game anymore. And people who kill Jaina on LFR don't really care about a few more iLevel to raid "OMGURD Mythic"

The best solution to multiple difficulties was Ulduar. Of course.. .that was back in Wrath, when the game had plenty for everyone to do, regardless of what you prioritized as content in the game.

Yeah, I'm doing legion achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Actually... doing the same content/encounters over and over... with a few changes and increased health/damage, isn't content.

Yes, LFR is EZ mode raiding.. but it pretty much is the content. Doing it again and again, harder and harder, doesn;t make it more fun... it just gives people a way to separate "who is leet and who is noobz"... Blizzard killed the game with all these difficulties.

Ehm... No.

Yea both is content. But saying HC or Mythic jaina is like LFR Jaina wih more HP and dmg is so far from truth as it can be.
    Its like saying dog is a dog. But there is huge difference beetwen French Bulldog and English Mastiff

And yes its fun for me. I like challenging content. While doing content i can do with one hand and closed eyes is pointless for me.
    Last edited by kappalol; 2019-03-21 at 01:24 PM.

Ehm... No.

Yea both is content. But saying HC or Mythic jaina is like LFR Jaina wih more HP and dmg is so far from truth as it can be.
    Its like saying dog is a dog. But there is huge difference beetwen French Bulldog and English Mastiff

And yes its fun for me. I like challenging content. While doing content i can do with one hand and closed eyes is pointless for me.
    Which I certainly don't have an issue with... the game SHOULD have something for everyone. Ulduar's hard modes? perfect for those wanting to push the limits. Heck BT, Tempest Keep, SSC... were all challenging, interesting raids.

Raiders have ALWAYS had quality content. But somewhere around Cata to Pandaland things changed for everyone else. They streamlined everything and tried t make raiding almost the entire game... and so therefore while you are getting your challenging experience... others have lost so much of the game they loved. imagine if the tables were turned and Blizz instead had removed raiding... or skinnied it down saying "so very few people raid.. so we are only making one raid an expansion... and each patch we are just going to increase the HP/damage/add a couple mechanics to keep it "fresh".

Imagine if the first raid was LFR, the second was the same raid normal, then the third was heroic, finally mythic for last patch. How disappointing would that be for you... that is how everyone ELSE feels about the MMORPG aspect fo the game ta is just GONE.. or so thin...

"It's like butter scraped across too much bread"

Ehm... No.

You're both right, and wrong. Technically, mythic bosses are harder content with abilities and stuff that aren't seen outside of mythic. That said, the rewards are so there's a huge sense of "why bother?" that hasn't ever been this bad in WoW.

Secondly, he's kinda right... when you buy a video game, do you beat it on all 4-5 difficulty levels, and if so, do you consider those difficulty levels new content? Because technically, they aren't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Which I certainly don't have an issue with... the game SHOULD have something for everyone. Ulduar's hard modes? perfect for those wanting to push the limits. Heck BT, Tempest Keep, SSC... were all challenging, interesting raids.

Raiders have ALWAYS had quality content. But somewhere around Cata to Pandaland things changed for everyone else. They streamlined everything and tried t make raiding almost the entire game... and so therefore while you are getting your challenging experience... others have lost so much of the game they loved. imagine if the tables were turned and Blizz instead had removed raiding... or skinnied it down saying "so very few people raid.. so we are only making one raid an expansion... and each patch we are just going to increase the HP/damage/add a couple mechanics to keep it "fresh".

Imagine if the first raid was LFR, the second was the same raid normal, then the third was heroic, finally mythic for last patch. How disappointing would that be for you... that is how everyone ELSE feels about the MMORPG aspect fo the game ta is just GONE.. or so thin...

"It's like butter scraped across too much bread"
    While there's plenty of WoW for us all to have fun and i never wanna deny others fun or content; WoW raiding is in a bad spot when you can say with a straight face that Destiny 2 has better raid/reward structures.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    That's just sharding confusing you though. It's populated because sharding gives the illusion of such.

If you were limited to just your realm like in the old expacs, you'd be singing a different tune. The fact that we play with 100+ diff realms always gives the illusion of a full world, when in reality, it's more empty than ever.

It's a trick games have been doing for years.
    i am on an RP realm, we don't have sharding i see atleast 40 people on the usual hanging out in tradewinds market

This is stormwind right now for me.

btw each of these dots are 1+ people, some even being up to a fair bit
    seems pretty populated to me, and this is a sunday night, saturdays are even more.
    all of these people are from my realm, NO SHARDING

17 1-20 players in stormwind
    49 21-40
    29 41-60
    34 61-80
    30 81-100
    16 101-109
    40 110
    17 111
    16 112
    6 113
    7 114
    11 115
    6 116
    3 117
    6 118
    4 119
    31 120 pirests
    27 120 druids
    15 120 DK
    7 120 DH
    20 120 Hunters
    23 120 mages
    13 120 monks
    26 120 paladins
    45 120 rogues
    8 120 shaman
    13 120 warlocks (including me!)
    28 120 warriors

547 people on my server right now in stormwind.
    All of them on my server, and i can fly around and see every single one of them
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-03-25 at 12:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i am on an RP realm, we don't have sharding i see atleast 40 people on the usual hanging out in tradewinds market

This is stormwind right now for me.

btw each of these dots are 1+ people, some even being up to a fair bit
    seems pretty populated to me, and this is a sunday night, saturdays are even more.
    all of these people are from my realm, NO SHARDING
    Your experience is not the norm. RP servers are one of the only places in the game that don't have the problems the poster you quoted illustrated. You are using a false dichotomy to handwave a very real problem because for some reason you can't bring yourself to admit that the game is in decline (and has been for some time).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by temple1906 View Post
    Your experience is not the norm. RP servers are one of the only places in the game that don't have the problems the poster you quoted illustrated. You are using a false dichotomy to handwave a very real problem because for some reason you can't bring yourself to admit that the game is in decline (and has been for some time).
    so maybe you should go to a server where there is a community, if you want a community?

also i cant bring myself to admit it because it hasnt, i have seen more people then ever hanging out and rping

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so maybe you should go to a server where there is a community, if you want a community?

also i cant bring myself to admit it because it hasnt, i have seen more people then ever hanging out and rping
    Because there are no other servers with a community? You do understand that not everyone wants to RP and that the RP server experience is not representative of the rest of the game right? You may not see it in decline because you are not participating in the same game that everyone else. There's nothing wrong with that, so don't take that as an attack. But your idea that your experience on an RP server is somehow representative of the game as a whole is extremely wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by temple1906 View Post
    Because there are no other servers with a community? You do understand that not everyone wants to RP and that the RP server experience is not representative of the rest of the game right? You may not see it in decline because you are not participating in the same game that everyone else. There's nothing wrong with that, so don't take that as an attack. But your idea that your experience on an RP server is somehow representative of the game as a whole is extremely wrong.
    There are many communities out there, maybe just when you join a group, instead of not talking, not intereacting, and not joining their discord/community, maybe you should, and maybe you would make friends and become... part of the community.
    i commonly join groups and chat and hang out, to the point i had to start leaving discords and telling people "sorry this other gorup already asked me..."

the game is fully alive, and filled with huge communities.
    you just need to stop joining pugs, then ditching the second they wipe and telling them they are trash, then maybe... you might meet some cool people

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    leveling from 1-120 for the 14th time isn't new content.

isn't out

6 new bosses, the rest are recycled.

Gonna ask where the new content is again, since the only new content we've actually had is 1 new raid (and warfront, lmfao) in the 7 months its been out.
    Just a tip here buddy. Just because you do not like content doesn't mean it isn't new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Just a tip here buddy. Just because you do not like content doesn't mean it isn't new.
    Just a tip here buddy.

Levelling again for the 15th time, a char that has 50% to no be played again b cause ( you already have that class) to grind out an xmog to use on your main.

Isn't content.

A new Raid with 2 Bosses? That is content.

Also comparing Jaina LFR NORMAL HC MYTH to "Well this is content" is bonkers.

Same Bosses but on steroids isn't content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Never been bored so fast in a xpac.
    You have obviously skipped WoD and Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    You have obviously skipped WoD and Cata.
    Well Cata pre DS was in line with avrg X-Pac

WoD had a different issue than BfA, WoD had literally no content outside Raids, yes CM early were interesting but they lasted only for the Silver/Gold Reward, that was still relevant through the X-Pac due to the down scaling so you couldnt cheese it, beside the usual monk dh mirror infamous combo.
    Colliseum was interesting before people start boosting with dkblood or spriest with leggo ring.

BfA instead has "content" but it is empty.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did not skip anything since launch m

"Bfa has run out of content" != "Bfa has run out of content that I like".

I feel like this should be posted on every single forum topic like this one, because everything else is obsolete to say.
    It's like vegans coming to a steak house and being mad because they don't serve tofu steak (or whatever the hell vegans eat before someone starts being a smartass).

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Never been bored so fast in a xpac.
    You are not bored, you are addicted. Put WoW down for a week, or two, or three, or more.

If you feel there is nothing to do in the game, do something else. A different game, Netflix, something outside, spring cleaning, sport, hobby, anything.

I found I played WoW out of habit. Diversify and prosper!!
    Last edited by uopayroll; 2019-03-26 at 05:32 PM. Reason: typos