Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    looks like light undead are going to alliance so undead kul tiran sailormen of lich king joining horde would be just right thing to do
    Fitting, even more so, they've got an upside to them: they're not fat, just big boned.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Having the Lich King become the leader of the Forsaken would be so ironic. I'm honestly not against it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Having the Lich King become the leader of the Forsaken would be so ironic. I'm honestly not against it.
    Just kill the bastard off and let the various scourge splinter groups form their own little undead nations, that would shake things up quite nicely.

My first character I rolled in BC is a Forsaken Warlock, still my main to this day. But I would race-change him to Undead High Elf if that ever becomes an option, because that's my head canon for him.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Inspired by post https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...d-the-San-layn

Seeing Sylvanas went completely bonkers but also concerned about undead race survival heroes plead the Lich King to help to get rid of her while granting eternal life to the undead with his unholy power. That leads to Sylvanas being gone and Lich King taking her place as undead faction leader but also brings allied race of undead sailormen (killed and turned undead by Arthas in notrhrend) looking like Kul Tirans but undead.

What are your thoughts?
    Umh the lich king is too big of a character to become a faction leader, the undead imho will end up with a council leadership to mirror the dwarfs in the alliance and if blizzard even introduce an allied race for them cold be a nathanos like reskin or maybe those Devy jones look alike we see in this xpack.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

7+ Year Old Account
    What are your thoughts?
    I think Derek and Calia are perfect to start a new "undead" allied race for the Alliance... and Borval's daughter will play a role in this.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    I think Derek and Calia are perfect to start a new "undead" allied race for the Alliance... and Borval's daughter will play a role in this.
    I thought Alliance considers undead to be abominations and they should be killed to "end their misery". Why the double standards suddenly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I thought Alliance considers undead to be abominations and they should be killed to "end their misery". Why the double standards suddenly.

Is not a double standard, now becomes a message about inclusion... The Alliance, welcoming among its ranks undead like Calia and Derrek, show mercy and that they were wrong about "some" of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they would be a perfect option, but also would just push the entire Forsaken into the bad guys rolle (I mean... right now the reason for that is boiled down to "Sylvanas", but if you get another Undead race, regardless if Sylvanas goes or stay, they are going to be the bad undeads)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Yeah, they would be a perfect option, but also would just push the entire Forsaken into the bad guys rolle (I mean... right now the reason for that is boiled down to "Sylvanas", but if you get another Undead race, regardless if Sylvanas goes or stay, they are going to be the bad undeads)
    You mean just like Blood elves and Nightfallen elves are being bad elves? Welcome to the bad guys club

Is not a double standard, now becomes a message about inclusion... The Alliance, welcoming among its ranks undead like Calia and Derrek, show mercy and that they were wrong about "some" of them.
    Except they don't. Derek can't go home, won't be trusted, the water is still too deep.
    Calia, Faol and Derek will be part of the new Forsaken leadership in the Horde and thus form the bridge that maintains the new peace after Sylvanas is ousted.
    Voss is the only anti-Sylvanas Forsaken left on Horde side after the Desolate Council and now Zelling were killed, and she's not a leader type.

Also, if "lightforged undead" were on the Alliance side, the Horde Forsaken would become a non-entity, with no home, no leadership, and now completely disparate from the rest of the Horde. It would be vastly more interesting to have the current Forsaken as one society under Calia, with each individual needing to consider taking the Light's bargain, which maybe carries risks and quid pro quo's of its own.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    Except they don't. Derek can't go home, won't be trusted, the water is still too deep.

We trust in DK...

DK's are an exception and are generally still pariahs and outcasts tolerated out of necessity, and more tied to the neutral Ebon Blade than to Horde or Alliance. Not unlike the Illidari.

A few dozen mercenaries aren't comparable to an entire race of undead being allowed into the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    Calia, Faol and Derek will be part of the new Forsaken leadership in the Horde and thus form the bridge that maintains the new peace after Sylvanas is ousted.
    Voss is the only anti-Sylvanas Forsaken left on Horde side after the Desolate Council and now Zelling were killed, and she's not a leader type.

Also, if "lightforged undead" were on the Alliance side, the Horde Forsaken would become a non-entity, with no home, no leadership, and now completely disparate from the rest of the Horde. It would be vastly more interesting to have the current Forsaken as one society under Calia, with each individual needing to consider taking the Light's bargain, which maybe carries risks and quid pro quo's of its own.
    The problem with the forsaken is that they are Sylvanas at last in game blizzard didn't build up (on horde side) an alternative leadership; while if we account the entire horde and her role as warchief they give her some inside antagonists since the end of legion cinematic (Baine and Saurfang talking at the banquet was the starting point) the forsaken didn't have any.

The only notable forsaken who has a bit of role is nathanos and voss but both lack any true leadership and charisma lorewise the forsaken will end up like the belfs comparing a giant leader like Kael to lord Who?

In a certain sense the same problem is on alliance side where both Dwarfs and Gnomes (now that mecha is an ice sculpture) both didn't had or have a good successor to their leadership.

Maybe Blizzard save building up a true sylvanas alternative for the forsaken leader for 8.2 and beyond but as it is now i don't see any beside an anonymous council made of some named character without any real buildup in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.