Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Why would anyone be proud of being an incel??

A better question is anyone proud of being MGTOW

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Nope.

I just don't care enough about sexuality in order to try to force the experience somehow.
    Should I ever happen to meet a compatible person, I'll see how it turns out.
    If not, so be it. I won't waste my time, forcing myself into awkward and annoying social events just to increase my chance of "getting laid".
    If you're willingly not having sex, then you're not an incel pretty much by definition, unless the incel sub culture has propogated so much that people who choose not to get laid are now putting themselves under that banner... which would be quite dumb tbh. Just call yourself celebate and be done with it, considering incel carries heavy negative connotations a lot of the time, and I know a lot of "involuntary celibates" who refuse to call themselves incels because they know that the incel sub culture is a trash heap of human filth.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Nope.

I just don't care enough about sexuality in order to try to force the experience somehow.
    Should I ever happen to meet a compatible person, I'll see how it turns out.
    If not, so be it. I won't waste my time, forcing myself into awkward and annoying social events just to increase my chance of "getting laid".
    Yeah sorry you don't qualify as an incel, you're just a normal human being I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by itstheduke View Post
    As per the title, I keep hearing about these guys and id like to know do you all wear the incel title like a badge of honor? Like do you have your own forum boards where you get to comfort each other and host cake raffles?
    how do you wear it proudly? its involuntary celibacy. if you are proud of the fact, then its deliberate celibacy, or simply incelibate. the whole concept of an incel is the lack of choice to not have sex, or sexual experiences, like oral sex etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hynx View Post
    how do you wear it proudly? its involuntary celibacy. if you are proud of the fact, then its deliberate celibacy, or simply incelibate. the whole concept of an incel is the lack of choice to not have sex, or sexual experiences, like oral sex etc.

Yes, many female incels are proud to be
    They call themselves feminists instead though
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Ok, normally I do not post here, being more of a lurker, but this time I need to post since there is some absolute bs going around.
    First off all, being an incel does not make a person a mysogonist or "repulsive" or the likes. Thinking that, is like thinking that everyone with a rightwing political view is a nazi, and every leftwing person is a communist. So that is a bs argument made up to ignore the (deeper) issue of why people are incel or to be an outright dick about it.

Secondly I also read "then go to a hooker". And thats like the most hilariously dumb thing to say. Sex is not about the fucking alone; it is about love, and a meaningfull relationship. Things you do not get from paying a prostitude.

Now there are enough reasons to be an incel that are completely normal. From simply not being in a situation where meeting the right people, to being socially awkward and even simply not into relationships.

However! And this is a very important thing to understand: most incels are not looking for sex, but meaningfull relationships; eventhough their name implies something else. Incels however are basing their feeling off loneliness on not having sex, but thats to be expected when our sociëty is so sex oriënted as it is that people assume it is so normal to get laid every day that lacking sex is seen as something deviant. (wich it obviously is not)

And seeing as in todays sociëty more and more people are lonely eventhough we meet more people then ever, the issue is not just incels, but a way more generalised problem. For that matter, the amount of sex people have has been dropping just as fast as the reported feelings of being lonely has been rising.

But the thing is, loneliness, and with it (the sense that one is) lacking relationships in general, let alone sexual relationships, is quite a hard thing to lose but is a very comon issue. The feeling of loneliness is a poisonous and selfdestructive mindset, and when people are having very few social interactions due to it, getting in a relationship in wich sex is possible, is even more rare. (I will like a video from Kurzgesagt wich explains the issue about loneliness very nicely.)

So in the end, being incel is not the issue: being socially isolated and/or lonely is. The latter is causing the former (when it comes to incels); lacking social interactions causes fewer chances to meet a person to have sex with. Incels therefor are a side-effect of the larger issue of the loneliness that a large group of people experience every day, and that is one wich isn't as easely shrugged off as people think.

The clue is in the title, INVOLUNTARY celebate, if it's involuntary, how can you be proud of it. Many people who can find women but choose not to are probably proud of it but not incels.

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    What does feminism have to do with incelhood?
    I will rephrase for clarity: Female "Involuntary Celibates" don't call themselves that. They call themselves feminists.
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Quote Originally Posted by Jimzeel View Post
    Ok, normally I do not post here, being more of a lurker, but this time I need to post since there is some absolute bs going around.
    First off all, being an incel does not make a person a mysogonist or "repulsive" or the likes. Thinking that, is like thinking that everyone with a rightwing political view is a nazi, and every leftwing person is a communist. So that is a bs argument made up to ignore the (deeper) issue of why people are incel or to be an outright dick about it.

Secondly I also read "then go to a hooker". And thats like the most hilariously dumb thing to say. Sex is not about the fucking alone; it is about love, and a meaningfull relationship. Things you do not get from paying a prostitude.

Now there are enough reasons to be an incel that are completely normal. From simply not being in a situation where meeting the right people, to being socially awkward and even simply not into relationships.

However! And this is a very important thing to understand: most incels are not looking for sex, but meaningfull relationships; eventhough their name implies something else. Incels however are basing their feeling off loneliness on not having sex, but thats to be expected when our sociëty is so sex oriënted as it is that people assume it is so normal to get laid every day that lacking sex is seen as something deviant. (wich it obviously is not)

And seeing as in todays sociëty more and more people are lonely eventhough we meet more people then ever, the issue is not just incels, but a way more generalised problem. For that matter, the amount of sex people have has been dropping just as fast as the reported feelings of being lonely has been rising.

But the thing is, loneliness, and with it (the sense that one is) lacking relationships in general, let alone sexual relationships, is quite a hard thing to lose but is a very comon issue. The feeling of loneliness is a poisonous and selfdestructive mindset, and when people are having very few social interactions due to it, getting in a relationship in wich sex is possible, is even more rare. (I will like a video from Kurzgesagt wich explains the issue about loneliness very nicely.)

So in the end, being incel is not the issue: being socially isolated and/or lonely is. The latter is causing the former (when it comes to incels); lacking social interactions causes fewer chances to meet a person to have sex with. Incels therefor are a side-effect of the larger issue of the loneliness that a large group of people experience every day, and that is one wich isn't as easely shrugged off as people think.

This is a complete load of shit. There's more to being an incel than being unable to have sex or enter a relationship, incels are completely consumed with self-loathing and dire hatred of women. They're human filth, and pitying them is a colossal mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpling View Post
    This is a complete load of shit. There's more to being an incel than being unable to have sex or enter a relationship, incels are completely consumed with self-loathing and dire hatred of women. They're human filth, and pitying them is a colossal mistake.
    Incels are uglies that can't get laid and get treated like shit over it. That's it.

What is there to be proud of? As far as I can tell, many incels are quite miserable and sad, due to rejection and many social issues.

Their dreams and goals of having sex and becoming someone normal/"becoming a man" (at least that's how I see it) are never achieved thus creating an endless spiral of spite and inner problems. That's not something to be proud of.

Then there's all of the true mysoginy and those very dark thoughts that are quite disturbing to read sometimes. The ways the describe women are just on another level of wrongness, and ironically that's what they desire above all. That's also not something to be proud of.

I have mixed feelings about them. I pity them, because of the dark path they are taking and the damage they cause to themselves, but at the same time, they choose this path and are so self absorbed to realize that there is something wrong with them. Or even worse, they know there is something wrong with them but they dont care enough to change that.

i sit at home all day and play video games, watch richard spencer videos, and post on facebook how other races are inferior to me! the only reason people dont like me is because the global communist are working against me! nothing of my own fault! by the way did i tell how much i appreciate personal responsibility because im a republican

Incels have always existed, in the sense of someone who's not as good at attracting partners as others. It's the internet that's given them a sense of community, allowed them to feed each other's fears and resentments. Instead of keeping it to themselves and either overcoming it or not like someone would have in the past, these online groupings breed a deeper dysfunction. That's where the hatred and potential violence comes from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    If you're willingly not having sex, then you're not an incel pretty much by definition
    I think the boundaries between involuntary and voluntary are more fluid than you guys think.
    It is not that I am opposed to the idea of human intercourse, it is just that I haven't met a viable target to execute said actions.
    That is involuntary by nature, after all, I cannot control whether I meet a person that is interested in me or not.

Me not chasing after every girl, trying to force the issue, aye: that would be a voluntary decision.

In reality, the situation isn't black or white, voluntary or involuntary. It's usually a combination of the two.

I think the boundaries between involuntary and voluntary are more fluid than you guys think.
    It is not that I am opposed to the idea of human intercourse, it is just that I haven't met a viable target to execute said actions.
    That is involuntary by nature, after all, I cannot control whether I meet a person that is interested in me or not.

Me not chasing after every girl, trying to force the issue, aye: that would be a voluntary decision.

In reality, the situation isn't black or white, voluntary or involuntary. It's usually a combination of the two.
    You are in control of what you consider a "viable target" though. That's voluntary.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Sex is physical pleasure. Period. All this extra nonsense people want to attach to sex is just silly. It's cool if you love somebody and that amplifies the sexual pleasure and experience on an emotional level and that's fine, but to pretend that that is the only form of sex is just silly imo. And masturbating doesn't even compare unfortunately I suggest you go out and try it!
    I may very well be that intercourse with a hooker is more engaging than the DIY approach but I could never drop my pants, both figuratively and literally, in front of a person I do not trust to a pretty intimate degree.

A person I just paid a couple of hundred bucks does definitely NOT fall into "yeah I can trust her" category. Oo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    You are in control of what you consider a "viable target" though. That's voluntary.
    "Viable target" simply means "is interested in me".
    I do not have control over this.
    Believe it or not: in 33 years I have never met a female that was even remotely interested in me as a person, let alone interested in some form of friendship/relation.

And yes: you will most likely use your internet crystal ball now and interpret that I must be a horrible, woman hating person no one likes.

Have you considered that considering people as 'viable targets' is part of the problem...

"Viable target" simply means "is interested in me".
    I do not have control over this.
    Believe it or not: in 33 years I have never met a female that was even remotely interested in me as a person, let alone interested in some form of friendship/relation.

And yes: you will most likely use your internet crystal ball now and interpret that I must be a horrible, woman hating person no one likes.
    There's a rather heavy trend of people putting words in my mouth tonight.

You are in control of the amount of effort you put into finding a "viable target". From the sounds of it you just haven't felt much of a push to put effort into it. Again, this is something you have control over.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    Have you considered that considering people as 'viable targets' is part of the problem...
    Apart from it being a somewhat unorthodox use of language, no.
    You won't notice it in my behavior.

IRL you would see me as the quiet, shy dude in black that mostly speaks when spoken to or when he has a question on professional grounds.
    I always address people respectfully, politely and don't bother them with personal details or small talk unless they show interest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    But I meant more so doing the classic going out to bars/clubs and picking up women. It is a LOT easier than most here probably think. Take it from a former bar owner: All you have to do is get yourself a little drunk (liquid courage), stay in the bar until closing time (if you haven't found anybody by then), and lower your standards (probably).

All of this is assuming you are looking solely for sex and not a relationship.
    I do not like mass gatherings of people. Groups > 5 make me very uncomfortable. Add smoke / loud music to it and you will only see me flee within seconds.
    Also, I never drink. I hate Ethanol because a) it tastes bad b) my biological father beat up my mother when drunk, so yeah, you will never see me drink that stuff.

I am only interested in sex as part of a relationship, yes. As I said: I need the emotional bond and trust to let my guard down sufficiently in order to be able to enjoy it.

Unless someone is horribly disfigured or has mental health issues I don't feel sorry for "incels".
    It's the internet that gave them a voice and sense of community and this also breeds excesses.
    If one is obsessive and desperate about getting sex, it's not going to work. Be at peace and be patient.
    If it helps, "fix" this little problem with a prostitute, it may help overcome something. You only live once, don't make a big deal out of it.