Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think it's important to remember that there's a difference between being involuntarily celibate and being 'an incel'. Some people are just socially awkward etc. but do not hate women and blame them for all their problems; others have become bitter and hateful and they are what most people associate with the word incel. I doubt anyone is truly proud of being the latter type of incel, but they may be proud to be part of that 'community'. These people are social outcasts and have formed a group of other like-minded people, finding acceptance where perhaps they haven't found any before. I am speculating, but I would say that they could be proud of being part of that group / having that label, while at the same time hating actually being involuntarily celibate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Why would anyone be proud of being an incel??

A better question is anyone proud of being MGTOW
    I had some mild amount of respect for the concept of MGTOW when I first heard about it before it was a well established thing. The idea that some of the mouth breathers who constantly shitted on women for not handing out sex freely to socially awkward bumpkins was an exciting moment. I thought the guys joining MGTOW movement might actually take some personal responsibility in life, get back and start talking about the beauty of nature, talk about how wonderful it was to enjoy non sexual relations with their fellow menfolk, or hell, just start hobbies.

Once they became something more of a well known group of people, it became obvious that they'd shifted their ire from blaming women on their own lack of ability to hold meaningful long term relationships to... blaming women on basically everything wrong with the world. Everything I saw come out of MGTOW Reddit and otherwise was basically a veiled or overt attack on women's roles in basically everything from global warming to spilled cheetohs. Which is when I was like oh hell naw, and retracted any consideration of providing respect to them that they might have had.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    Think Doctor Amadeus/X Amadeus X/Mall Security - Mormolyce - Endus
    Ooooh, burn!

I'm pretty sure they'll have to move to a different 8th grade after you rekt them like this.

Sure they are. Sure. No one is proud that they aren't/can't get laid. This is just a faux confidence boost to explain away the lack of getting any.

Don't think I've ever met an incel that's proud of it, then again I can't remember meeting many. Most are nerdy social awkward people that, understandable, not feeling well mentally due to lack of emotional and intimate bond which is kind of crucial for majority of people.

Never really understood why the word incel brings out so much hate from others, it just exacerbate the emotions they have which in turn could lead to greater mental illness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Challenge yourself and do things you are uncomfortable with if for no other reason then to be able to say that you did it later.

What kind of existence is it to acknowledge what you want, yet refuse to take action towards that direction?
    I did, after all if I never did it, I couldn't state that it wasn't for me. You have to gather enough data to form a conclusion, after all.

Counter question: what kind of existence is it, to desperately chase after something yet never be successful? I see it in my friend. He wen to the gym, got ripped, forced himself to all kinds of social occasions, yeah he accomplished the mission of drilling holes into female bodies but he still seeking the actual relationship he longs for.

Sounds kind of stressful to me. I guess I just don't have the sex drive necessary to put up with all the "work" needed.

I'm not always like this, I want to play the piano, so I put up with daily practice, paying for lessons, pushing through frustration at times etc, so I don't think "laziness" in general is an issue. Maybe I am just wired that way that sex isn't a priority for my brain, despite being academically curious about how it would feel to touch another person. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    It's not a matter of pride. Fact is, I've never gotten laid.
    Kudos for making such an admission in this den of tr*lls.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They seem to be pretty self-absorbed, yes.

But then again, many of them also seem to be suffering quite a lot from crippling social anxiety, mental health issues, lack of meaningful human interaction and role models, so... Even if they indeed give voice to despicable values and ideas, they could probably be remedied by compassion and someone simply extending them a hand rather than fueling their hateful fire. It would have to be done outside of the web though, since any sort of positive feedback given to them on their forums just makes them angry.

MGTOW and pride on the other hand... But they tend to idolize some ideal that they in no shape or form live up to in their personal life outside of the web, kind of like neo-Nazis being so staunch on family values, personal appearance and having everything in order whilst being the polar opposite IRL...
    Yea a little compassion goes a long way in breaking the incel thinking, most of them really stretch the word involuntary in involuntary celibate too, social anxiety is curable, and ultimately they make the choice to give in to it. Weight is loosable, but even then there plenty of girls into chubby and even fat guys, the "dad bod" is aparantly a thing they like. I did notice I got more luck in the bars at 29 and chubby than I did at 21 and 10st.

They just need some one to break them out of the self destructive cycle there in.

MGTOW tends to be a different issue, there voluntary celibate and most of them seem to have been really shat on by a woman or a few women, most are divorced with the ex being at fault and there lives destroyed. Condemning all women because of the actions of one is stupid, but I can understand why there like that. Not sure how you fix that though.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was in the military my buddies would make fun of me for not going bar hopping night after night but rather wanted to just play WoW. But at the end of my time in the army I had enough money saved up to buy myself my own bar while they were asking to borrow gas money.
    And they say, playing WoW doesn't get you anything.

- - - Updated - - -

I dare say he is not as alone as one would think among MMO-C users.
    Aye, after all, this is a gaming forum. Many posters will be too young for sex.

Closest I ever got to a woman was having a nice conversation about semiconductor fabrication techniques.

I think when they get proud of being an incel is when they decide to go on a shooting spree.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Aye, after all, this is a gaming forum. Many posters will be too young for sex.

Closest I ever got to a woman was having a nice conversation about semiconductor fabrication techniques.
    Uh, most people here are 20+, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Uh, most people here are 20+, no?
    Beats me, I doubt there is a reliable way to get statistical data, after all, everybody can just click whatever they want in a poll.

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    I will rephrase for clarity: Female "Involuntary Celibates" don't call themselves that. They call themselves feminists.
    Oh God please grow up. Feminists are not celibate, and they are not shunned by mankind.

I realize all your interactions with humanity are through the internet so you would not recognize a real human being if it bit you on the nose, but in real life people are not caricatures or one dimensional, and almost none of them are defined by their political or social viewpoints.

I hope you will leave your echo chamber some day.

Why was the word "incel" invented, when we already had the word "loser"?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Yes, people manage to delude themselves into thinking their conditions are something to be proud of all the time, so why not with incels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I assume because they didn't want to call themselves losers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a volcel (néologisme for volontary celibate). I am nor proud or ashamed of it. It is what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    These people are self-labelling as it.

Obviously, people don't like to view themselves as losers, even if that's the connotation the term has to everyone else.

I could see say, a man, being pround MGTOW but a person heing an Incel seems like it's less a choice and more an acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    There is also option to not get laid and not be incel. You know, sex is not something that magically makes you a better person or whatever.
    I have no idea why you even quoted me and replied with this.