Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Elemental Lord Jinro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    8,257
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Because you made it sound like getting laid is cure to a every problem incels have. Or in short, everyone who is not getting laid is social reject.
    Notice the can't? If you are refraining voluntarily from having sex, that doesn't mean you can't, it means you don't want to. If you want to but can't get laid, there is something wrong with you, either attitude/behavior or too high standards.

  2. #102
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    If you knew you would run the other way.
    Posts
    6,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Notice the can't? If you are refraining voluntarily from having sex, that doesn't mean you can't, it means you don't want to. If you want to but can't get laid, there is something wrong with you, either attitude/behavior or too high standards.
    And treating people like shit like you seem to say in your posts is not going to help solve the issue either.. Some people choose to lead a single life, and they go on to living happy lives.. And you do know that there are female incels as well, probably not as many as male incels but they are there..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2019-03-10 at 02:13 PM.

  3. #103
    The Undying freefolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    32,463
    I think the involuntary part of it makes feeling proud about it difficult.

    Now you might be proud if you were a voluntary celibate.
    .


    Sing your death song like a hero coming home.

    -- Tecumseh

  4. #104
    Overcoming social ineptitude is a thing to be proud of; the ineptitude isn't.

  5. #105
    Funny how some who are otherwise quick to anger about people who use labels to hate
    immediately hate on people whose sole crime is not being able to have sex. Based on what, a small number of assholes whom you believe define a large group? Just going to guess that most "incels" are young, innocent minded, and not Elliot Rodgersesque. Obviously the ones who are shitty about it need an attitude adjustment, and would likely discover that their sexual stock rises when they are less douchey.

    I don't assume people who are unable to find a partner are proud of it, unless maybe they are proud of their discipline in waiting for something meaningful rather than take the first opportunity which comes their way.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Funny how some who are otherwise quick to anger about people who use labels to hate
    immediately hate on people whose sole crime is not being able to have sex. Based on what, a small number of assholes whom you believe define a large group? Just going to guess that most "incels" are young, innocent minded, and not Elliot Rodgersesque. Obviously the ones who are shitty about it need an attitude adjustment, and would likely discover that their sexual stock rises when they are less douchey.

    I don't assume people who are unable to find a partner are proud of it, unless maybe they are proud of their discipline in waiting for something meaningful rather than take the first opportunity which comes their way.
    No, they're just the type who would rape someone if they get the opportunity.

  7. #107
    The Lightbringer Daish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Except that that isn't being Incel. That is being voluntarily celibate because you have set your standards too high. They are doing it to themselves.

    If the were Incel, then they would be unable to get any even after they lowered their standards because nobody will give it to them, not because they can't find someone who meets their criteria.

    Being Incel literally implies that absolutely nothing YOU can do will get you any, because the issue is that everyone else on the planet is so thoroughly disgusted with you that they literally would not give you any if you were the last available person on earth.
    but they don't want to be celibate but they end up being celibate

    do you see how the label gets confusing here

    the incel label is valid when used on those people

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    No, they're just the type who would rape someone if they get the opportunity.
    Nearly everyone was an "incel" at some point, sooooooo your point is lost on me.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Nearly everyone was an "incel" at some point, sooooooo your point is lost on me.
    Nope. 10chars

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Nope. 10chars
    Brilliant counterpoint. And still wrong, by far the normal experience is for there to be a point at which one wanted to have sex, but hadn't. If you never experienced that then I empathize with you, but it is how it goes for most folks.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Brilliant counterpoint. And still wrong, by far the normal experience is for there to be a point at which one wanted to have sex, but hadn't. If you never experienced that then I empathize with you, but it is how it goes for most folks.
    You clearly don't know what inceldom actually entails.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    You clearly don't know what inceldom actually entails.
    It was defined early in the thread as:

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Incel = Involuntarily Celibate

    Pretty well defined.
    Now you obviously have very specific ideas based on a percentage of people who post about it on the internet, but the definition is in fact quite broad and includes a diverse group of people. Most of whom I can just about guarantee have no interest whatsoever in rape.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    It was defined early in the thread as:



    Now you obviously have very specific ideas based on a percentage of people who post about it on the internet, but the definition is in fact quite broad and includes a diverse group of people. Most of whom I can just about guarantee have no interest whatsoever in rape.
    "Incels are members of an online subculture who define themselves as unable to find a romantic or sexual partner despite desiring one, a state they describe as inceldom."

    The vast majority of people are able to find someone. So saying everyone are incels is just wrong.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    "Incels are members of an online subculture who define themselves as unable to find a romantic or sexual partner despite desiring one, a state they describe as inceldom."

    The vast majority of people are able to find someone. So saying most people are incels is just wrong.
    Okay, even with *that* much narrower definition it could include a diverse range of people. And the vast majority of people can find someone, but it doesn't happen immediately.

    I was 19 before I found someone to have sex with; at the time there was no online community for virgins, but if there had been I may have joined to discuss the experience. I promise you I have no interest in rape and didn't then, I was just interested in finding someone who I loved to have my first time with. Not just anyone, but someone special. It can take time, longer for some than others. The community might be twisted by the evil attitudes of some, I don't participate as those days are well behind me, but it's not difficult for me to imagine a wide range of reasons why people could join it that have nothing to do with sexual assault, unrealistic standards, or low moral character.

  15. #115
    incel or whatever

    if you base all your selfworth and your life around sex, you're not even a human. you're a subhuman beast, no better than a basic animal. we're supposed to be above animals, so a person that acts like them offends me to the core of my being.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Okay, even with *that* much narrower definition it could include a diverse range of people. And the vast majority of people can find someone, but it doesn't happen immediately.

    I was 19 before I found someone to have sex with; at the time there was no online community for virgins, but if there had been I may have joined to discuss the experience. I promise you I have no interest in rape and didn't then, I was just interested in finding someone who I loved to have my first time with. Not just anyone, but someone special. It can take time, longer for some than others. The community might be twisted by the evil attitudes of some, I don't participate as those days are well behind me, but it's not difficult for me to imagine a wide range of reasons why people could join it that have nothing to do with sexual assault, unrealistic standards, or low moral character.
    Pretty much every guy that actively identify as incel that I've come across hate women. They behave creepy towards us. Blames us for their shortcomings. Can't deal with rejection in a mature way.

    Not long ago a woman was raped and murdered here in sweden by someone like that. Don't come here and claim they're safe to be around. They're not.
    Last edited by Avskildhet; 2019-03-10 at 03:16 PM.

  17. #117
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    17,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    No, they're just the type who would rape someone if they get the opportunity.
    I certainly never had THAT ambition/wish/fantasy. Oo
    Can't find rough porn arousing at all.

    I think you're talking out of your rear end on that one.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Pretty much every guy that actively identify as incel that I've come across hate women. They behave creepy towards us. Blames us for their shortcomings. Can't deal with rejection in a mature way.
    Is this a group of people you interact with often? How do you come in contact? There is also kind of a selection bias because people who behave the way you're talking are not likely to have sex, so especially as time goes on I have to think they would be overrepresented. Still don't think it is fair to paint all with that brush, but I mean you do you etc.

    Not long ago a woman was raped and murdered here in sweden by someone like that. Don't come here and claim they're safe to be around. They're not.
    Logic fail. Not that long ago here a woman was raped and murdered here in California by a non-incel, by a husband, by a father, by etc, are all men not safe to be around?
    Last edited by Zaktar; 2019-03-10 at 03:24 PM.

  19. #119
    Old God Low Hanging Fruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX - USA
    Posts
    10,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Not long ago a woman was raped and murdered here in sweden by someone like that. Don't come here and claim they're safe to be around. They're not.
    To be fair I am sure we can find plenty of examples of people that rape and murder women, even in Sweden, that manage to get laid, don't hate women, or act creepy. Any group can have individuals in them that are murderous and are trouble. Not to take away from the points you make about them though. I think they are mostly true about what and who they blame. But to identify the group with murders is pretty low. It can happen, does happen, will happen again, but should they actually be considered murders? Naw..

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    Incel is the new SJW. Both meaningless terms used to label/insult people and to ignore/dismiss any of their opinions/beliefs/arguments. Just more of the same internet bullshit of us vs them.
    Both used by very different people to describe a shared root of people - incel was coined by a girl who wanted socially awkward people to have a community to improve themselves (now seems like people slap the label on anyone lower on the socio-sexual hierarchy), SJW was coined to describe a zealous, morally authoritarian and aggressive leftist activist (now people are trying to use it on the right-wing).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •