Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 8.1.5 - Alliance and Horde War Campaign Continues

Patch 8.1.5 - Alliance War Campaign
    The Alliance War Campaign will continue in Patch 8.1.5. Spoilers below

• The quest chain continues from Halford Wyrmbane with "Loose Ends", which tasks you to find Kelsey Steelspark in the outdoor world version of Freehold.
    • Kelsey asks you to kill 10 Ashvane Loyalists and find 5 clues in the quests "Ashes to Ashvane" and "Correspondence Conundrum".
    • You then are tasked with taking out the leader Haughton Francis for a cipher in the quest "Getting a Clue". Kelsey sends you back to Halford ("Reporting In").
    • Valeera arrives with a message to Jaina that Baine wants to meet in secret to right a wrong Sylvanas has done to her family ("Don't Shoot the Messenger"). He has conspired against his Warchief to release the risen Derek Proudmoore back to his family, as Sylvanas was denying him free will and corrupting the honor of the Horde.
    • Jaina reluctantly agrees to meet Baine in the ruins of Theramore ("My Brother's Keeper"), resulting in a cutscene. Derek reunites with his sister. She agrees to help him and mentions that she knows others who know what he is going through, presumably Calia Menethil.
    • You are then tasked with doing a war table mission called "Spy vs. Spy". It lasts 4 days but can be reduced significantly with troops.
    • Once the table mission completes, you receive "The Gathering Storm" and must meet with Kelsey at the Clearcut in Stormsong Valley. She tasks you with saving troops and collecting parts ("Lost in the Field", Reassembly Required") and then protecting her on the hillside. ("Seeking Higher Ground")
    • You are sent to find Shaw in a nearby cave and then use a spyglass to witness Sylvanas arrest Baine, while Nathanos kills Zeling for their mutiny. ("Shaw's Shank Redemption")
    • Shaw has you report back to Jaina, who feels bad for Baine and hopes the Horde will now see Sylvanas for the monster that she is. (A Gathering of Foes")

Patch 8.1.5 - Horde War Campaign
    The Horde War Campaign will continue in Patch 8.1.5.

• The quest chain continues from Bluffwatcher Proudscar, a Tauren near the docks, with the quest Righting Wrongs. This requires you to meet with Baine Bloodhoof at Plunder Harbor in Tiragarde Sound.
    • When you arrive to meet Baine, you witness a conversation with Valeera Sanguinar where they discuss meeting someone at Thermaore Harbor. Baine then presents the quest Ships in the Night which tasks you with locating Derek Proudmoore.
    • You board a small boat with Baine Bloodhoof and Thomas Zelling which sails to one of Sylvanas's ships, The Swift Vengeance. Here you grapple aboard, break in and find Derek Proudmoore unconscious in a cell.
    • You will need to obtain three keys from various named crew members on the deck of the ship, and slay 9 crew members in the process. This is split between two quests, Under Lock and Keys and Dead in the Water.
    • Once you have all three keys and have killed 9 crew members, turn the quests in at Baine and return to Derek Proudmoore in the hull, freeing him by clicking on the cage.
    • Baine will give you the quest Bitter Reunion which requires you to speak with Thomas Zelling, who is located on the deck of the ship.
    • Talking to Zelling will give you an option to set sail for Theramore, at which time Zelling will cast a spell that fills the ship's sails with wind.
    • After a not-yet-implemented cinematic, you arrive on a small island off the coast of Theramore Harbor. Walk back on to the ship and turn in your quest to Baine.
    • Thomas Zelling will give you the quest Under False Colors which requires you to complete a table mission called Casting the Bait. This mission is to trick Nathanos into believing that pirates stole The Swift Vengeance, not you, Baine and Zelling.
    • Zelling also gives you a Charm of Returning which when used returns you directly to the Port of Zandalar.
    • Once back at the Port of Zandalar, complete the table mission Casting the Bait, then talk to Nathanos Blightcaller to complete the quest.
    • Dark Ranger Alina, near Nathanos, will then give you a quest called Securing Warfang Hold. Set sail for Stormsong Valley.
    • Once you have arrived at Warfang Hold, talk to Boss Mida, a goblin. She will present two quests, Spy Games and Communication Breakdown, which require you to destroy three SI:7 communication devices and slay 10 SI:7 spys.
    • Mida's personal assistant, Kazit, will also present a quest named Tickets, Please? which will require you to eject five visiting spectators that do not have tickets.
    • When all three quests are complete, return to Mida and receive the quest A Display of Power.
    • Speak to Nathanos Blightcaller to witness the meeting of leaders at Warfang Hold in a cutscene.

Last edited by Stoy; 2019-03-10 at 10:55 PM.

the quest is from the first boss of Bastion of Twilight, eh?

Yes! So begins the great purge of racial leaders on the Horde side! Sylvanas shall replace all racial leaders with undead dark rangers! For only they are loyal enough to control the races that serve the Forsaken Horde!

Just as i thought. There wasn't an option to not help Baine. I guess from here through the rest of the expansion I just don't won't do the war campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Just as i thought. There wasn't an option to not help Baine. I guess from here through the rest of the expansion I just don't won't do the war campaign.
    Inb4 you need it for the 8.3 Allied Races cuz "story reasons".

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Inb4 you need it for the 8.3 Allied Races cuz "story reasons".
    If that's all you need to do then great. I can't imagine Blizz will resist adding in a new rep to also grind to exalted as well though.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

They seem to have a bit of a hard on for killing SI 7 Agents on the horde side but no such counterpart of killing for alliance players...

Again with the mission table being integrated to progress trough the quest chain. This feels so unnecesary, it was bad enough that Legion went way overboard with it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Of course not! WOW is a story on rails that you get to ride on. Like the Pirates of the Carribean ride at Disney where the animatronics are pretty to look at and you can't do anything but just sit back and enjoy the ride. Might as well just read a book or catch the story in WOWpedia.

Fuck baine that Coward of a traitor Hope he dies

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, so what was the point of giving us a choice when dealing with Saurfang? Now we are forced to help a much worst character. Fuck Baine and fuck Christie Golden.

And so, the begining of the end for Sylvanas. Hopefully.

7+ Year Old Account
    Remember you can always tell Nathanos or your undead waifu what baine is up to.
    You have to help him but you do betray him anyway so don't get your banshee undies in a jiffie
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Again with the mission table being integrated to progress trough the quest chain. This feels so unnecesary, it was bad enough that Legion went way overboard with it.
    Tbh the mission table ... missions ... are even worse in this expansion since you can get aspects that simply can´t be countered at all. Fx. stealth missions (yay can´t use troops) with a curse - and not a single champion that can counter curses.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

My main characters are forsaken rogue, DK and be DH.
    So that's when I stop the retarded lore quests. I never liked the alliance. I dont want to be forced to play it.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2019-03-11 at 07:28 AM.

Jesus christ Blizzard, I don't want to help Baine and Zelling. I don't want to betray my warchief, what the hell is this? Forcing me to help the most boring character on the horde side?

Calia's coming and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

So after I told Saurfang to fuck off, I am forced to help Baine. What?

edit: Oh, so you can snitch on Baine and you are told to play along... huh. Trojan horse confirmed?
    Last edited by Corruptus; 2019-03-11 at 11:30 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are then tasked with doing a war table mission called "Spy vs. Spy". It lasts 4 days but can be reduced significantly with troops.

K, so 4 extra days to wait for Kul'tiran unlocking..

Just going to point out that Her Tallness herself is doing some quest work.

That campaign brings warm memories.