Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warlords of Draenor Timewalking Preview

Warlords of Draenor Timewalking Preview
    With Warlords of Draenor Timewalking coming in Patch 8.1.5, we thought we would give a little preview of what to expect.

Available Dungeons

Vendors and Rewards
    The Timewalking vendors' locations and currency rewards are:

• Alliance: Tempra - Located in southwest Stormshield just outside of the inn.
    • Horde: Kronnus - Located in west Warspear near the entrance path to Ashran.

Mounts - 5000 Timewarped Badge each.

Toys

Reputation Commendations - 50 Timewarped Badge each.

Gear

Heirloom Upgrades
    Last edited by chaud; 2019-03-11 at 06:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neeto, I'm actually looking forward to trying these out since I only played WoD for 2 months before quitting.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

wait, didnt they replace slag mines with grimrail?

Grimrail was the best of them :l

I wonder if people will try skipping in Everbloom. Wouldn't have minded if they didn't add Bloodmaul Slagmines.

For those that don't know, WoD Timewalking won't be active until May 28th. Unfortunately they didn't want to change the rotation I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I wonder if people will try skipping in Everbloom. Wouldn't have minded if they didn't add Bloodmaul Slagmines.
    They originally had Grimrail Depot but removed it for Everbloom. Kind of a shame with GRD being super iconic (at least put it over iron docks), but I guess each dungeon picked has its own individual ambient feel to it. GRD and Docks overlap and I would have taken GRD anyway. Then again pugs wouldn't understand any of the bosses in GRD that well.

As for skips, depends on what tank you get. A lot of people won't skip since they're just in it for the chance at mount, or the gear from bosses. But if you get someone that realizes how big the end XP bonus is they might try it. There's one skip that's basically a no brainer that's easy to do (run up the hill). Doubt most will though.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-03-11 at 07:53 AM.

Disappointed one of the toys/pets isn't Khadgars head in a bubble, begging you for Apexis crystals, and going for a nap once he's full (he's never full).

Shame no Grimrail. I've watched Baccano! Recently, in the mood for some train high jinks.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    As for skips, depends on what tank you get.
    Well, I'm a tank but that doesn't stop people stubbornly trying to skip things. I'm mostly talking about the jump on the side, not whole bosses. People just get there and stick to the skip and type in chat "this way, this way" and then insult you when you refuse and so on. Then you get this one case with this one dps who can't and we waste 5 minutes trying to do the jump instead of the one minute it takes to do the two trash packs. I had a few cases with people dropping group because I ignored them and just pulled the two packs.
    I don't even understand people who want to do skips in pugs. You're always gonna get one person who doesn't know how to do it.

Shame about Grimrail Depot and UBRS. I guess something had to be cut since TW never includes full lineup.

I don't even understand people who want to do skips in pugs. You're always gonna get one person who doesn't know how to do it.
    I guess just use the excuse of the mount drop if it comes up then, but just keep pulling trash and I doubt anyone will complain. The skip most pugs used to do is just going up on a hill behind that tree which is a low difficulty one. The one that required the Mammoth and precise jumping after 1st boss was super annoying to do though.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Slag Mines is the best dungeon for me, thank god they included that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    For those that don't know, WoD Timewalking won't be active until May 28th. Unfortunately they didn't want to change the rotation I guess.
    Honestly, this makes me very happy. Because I won’t meet my goal of “buy both mounts first time around” if they did change the rotation. Right now I’m on track. If they changed it for WOD TWing to drop the next Timewalking week, I’d have to wait another full rotation. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Kromus! View Post
    Disappointed one of the toys/pets isn't Khadgars head in a bubble, begging you for Apexis crystals, and going for a nap once he's full (he's never full).
    Uh... That pet already exists. Granted he acts more like a magic 8-ball rather than a trash can for your Apexis Crystals.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=113827/wondrous-wisdomball

I never really bothered with TW until I came back recently and just did the TBC one levelling 3 characters, it was great for the most part. WOD time walking?

Please shoot me in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Warferno View Post

I loved Grimrail for the ambiance, but it was a colossal pain in dungeon finder and that will likely carry over. That said, the final boss of Everbloom made me want to kill myself as a healer in PUGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad you can't farm by badges reps in Ashran, i waited for it but meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Grimrail makes me sad. =C

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    midway through WoD or thereabouts they made it so that the final boss would not be attackable unless you had defeated the previous 3. at least they did on mythic difficulty, to stop people from doing it 4 times just to finish the 4 x Mythic dungeon event. Unsure on whether that change affected heroic but I imagine it would

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tatakau View Post
    I never really bothered with TW until I came back recently and just did the TBC one levelling 3 characters, it was great for the most part. WOD time walking?

Please shoot me in the face.
    WoD will be easier than TBC timewalking. TBC is second hardest behind Cata, imo

Most WoD dungeons were pretty boring except Skyfall (was that the name? With the High Arakkoa?) And great, another mammoth "charger." Definitely getting the wolf for my horde characters but hard pass on the elephant mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did the WoD 5 mans more times than I can remember but for the life of me I don't remember any of the skips. Hopefully no one gives me too much shit when I play my tank doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Warferno View Post

Probably foresaw all the people who never did the dungeon not knowing how to throw the mines at the boss in his cannon and wiping forever and ragequitting. Then again most of the people I ran the dungeon with when the dungeon was current didn't know how to do it either, so ymmv.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.