Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rift Prime ending March 31

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...ml#post5372935

It is with great sadness that we announce that RIFT Prime, the great adventure through RIFT's history, is coming to an end. Prime will be closing at the stroke of midnight (PT) on March 31st 2019, character/credit transfers will take place the following week.

How is it going to work?

All transferred characters will be available on Reclaimer (Trial Only Server) in the US environment, and players will be able to transfer those characters to any other US live shard. We currently do not support character transfers between the US and EU environments.

All accounts who have at least one character who reached level 50 on Prime will be able to claim the following on live once character/credit transfers have been completed (Can be claimed once):
    • Level 65 Character Boost Pack
    • 1 million loyalty

What about the character slot maximum, can the current limit be exceeded?

Current limits cannot be exceeded, players concerned will need to have less than 12 characters (13 for those who purchase the original Wilds Pack) on any shard they wish to move characters off Reclaimer.

Any updates about name collisions? Will players be able to keep their names or how will this be resolved?

Characters who have name conflicts will be given the opportunity to choose a new name (they will have additional characters appended to the end of their current name when a conflict appears).

What will happen to guilds?

Guilds will not be transferred to live environments.

What should players do to prepare their individual accounts for the transfer?

Remove items from guild banks that you wish to transfer from Prime.
    Bit of a bummer, but IMO this is great news. Not needing to split up resources, which under Trion appeared 100% dedicated to Prime, should benefit live servers. Prime was always a confusing mess that never made sense, especially given the teams inability to support both Prime servers and live servers with new/updated content.

Hoping this is another step towards rehabbing the live client. I'm just waiting for that to get some new content and player numbers to go up a bit and then I'll be more than happy to dive back in...even if SFP leveling was not fun the last time I tried it.

Knew it would be shut down soon enough. Wasn't a proper Classic server and wasn't even a proper progression server.

Was just zero reason keeping it up. Least it means Gamigo can put resources into the main game which they seem to be doing in small doses.

Not to mention this and Defiance 2050 are the last vestiges of Trion messing everything up. So the sooner both are gone the better. I imagine Defiance 2050 and Atlas Reactor will be on the chopping block next from Gamigo as they have absolutely no popularity whatsoever. Even on PS4/XB1 Defiance 2050 is a ghost town.

I imagine Gamigo will want to keep the holy grails that are Rift, Archeage and Trove.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-11 at 09:06 PM.

and wheres the Brand Ambassador?

Facebook decided to show me this news today for some reason, so I decided it's time for my annual visit to the rift section of mmo-c.

And I have to say I am amazed that people are still playing this game, be it prime or not prime :P

Sucks for anyone who enjoyed Prime but good news on the whole. Server was a mistake from it's conception.

This is my shocked face o.o

Honestly I'm surprised it took this long.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Knew it would be shut down soon enough. Wasn't a proper Classic server and wasn't even a proper progression server.

Was just zero reason keeping it up. Least it means Gamigo can put resources into the main game which they seem to be doing in small doses.

Not to mention this and Defiance 2050 are the last vestiges of Trion messing everything up. So the sooner both are gone the better. I imagine Defiance 2050 and Atlas Reactor will be on the chopping block next from Gamigo as they have absolutely no popularity whatsoever. Even on PS4/XB1 Defiance 2050 is a ghost town.

I imagine Gamigo will want to keep the holy grails that are Rift, Archeage and Trove.
    Rift has a great world and base game. I feel like it was doing well until the first or second expansion. By the time I had a computer good enough to really play it 2014, it was pretty much dying. I hope they FF14 it. Shut the servers down for a year or two and relaunch with a great game. Reboot the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I hope they FF14 it.
    They can't, it's already WoW clone.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I hope they FF14 it. Shut the servers down for a year or two and relaunch with a great game. Reboot the franchise.
    Haven't kept up to date on the Rift/Trion news have you?

There is ZERO chance they FF14 it and very likely the whole game gets shutdown with in a year. The company was bought out, The vast majority of the development team is gone and the company that bought them out is just picking at the bones at this point.

Its a dead game.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-03-12 at 06:23 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Haven't kept up to date on the Rift/Trion news have you?

There is ZERO chance they FF14 it and very likely the whole game gets shutdown with a year. The company was bought out, The vast majority of the development team is gone and the company that bought them out is just picking at the bones at this point.

Its a dead game.
    Didnt know. Well that sucks.

Didnt know. Well that sucks.
    Yep this is just step 2 or so on the road to Rift shutting down. My advise is if you want to play it go for it awhile you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep this is just step 2 or so on the road to Rift shutting down. My advise is if you want to play it go for it awhile you can.
    Not super into investing my time/money into games that are about to die. Its the reason I quit playing HoTS. I see Blizzard shutting it down soonish.

- - - Updated - - -

I was super into Wildstar as well, but as soon as people quit I did.

Not super into investing my time/money into games that are about to die. Its the reason I quit playing HoTS. I see Blizzard shutting it down soonish.

- - - Updated - - -

HOTS isn't going anywhere, Blizzard doesn't really shutdown games. They will leave it up and just stop providing content updates to it.

Shutting it down would look bad on them.

But ya Rift is on its way out, Such a shame as well cause it was once a good MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    and wheres the Brand Ambassador?
    Unlike some people i don't actually spend my time on this or any other Forum 24/7

No surprise here, Rift Prime was intended to last only a year initially by Trion, then they started going off in different directions about lasting longer, different rulesets, until Trion themselves didn't know what to do, could it have been handled better? absolutely but all academic now as it's Gamigo running the show.

Short of Gamigo pumping in a lot of money, time and effort to make Rift 2 with a new game engine, the works, Rift will probably just see a few small content patches a year, a full blown Expansion would surprise me but i'm willing to see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    No surprise here, Rift Prime was intended to last only a year initially by Trion.
    That is a load of horse shit and you know it, This level if defending is fucken amazing honestly. Give me a source with them saying they only intended for it to last a year.

Trion has been gutted and Rift is barely on life support but here you are still defending the shit out of it.

That is a load of horse shit and you know it, This level if defending is fucken amazing honestly. Give me a source with them saying they only intended for it to last a year.

Trion has been gutted and Rift is barely on life support but here you are still defending the shit out of it.
    Even Trion wanted it to go upto NMT/SFP. And I do remember them saying 1 year but at that time the company was probably already in turmoil and getting ready to sell/layoff.

And it didn't even make it to NMT. Prime is a disaster. It's being shut down because it's lacking a playerbase and costs more upkeep than people are paying a sub for.

I mean there's probably like about 100 at most paying for Rift Patron these days with the state the games in.

It was already a ghost town after 5 months or so.

As I said though. Atlas and Defiance 2050 will be next to go. Probably Atlas Reactor first. You know that game Trion wanted to be an "esport" and barely took off?

- - - Updated - - -

Rift has a great world and base game. I feel like it was doing well until the first or second expansion. By the time I had a computer good enough to really play it 2014, it was pretty much dying. I hope they FF14 it. Shut the servers down for a year or two and relaunch with a great game. Reboot the franchise.
    They tried that with Defiance 2050 and.....

https://steamcharts.com/app/743090

https://store.steampowered.com/app/7...Defiance_2050/

Mostly negative reviews because they half assed it and just did a minor remaster to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

For MMOS these days if you want something that as you say "isn't about to die" then ESO or FF14.

Two fresh games in the market that aren't showing any sign of slowing down.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-12 at 03:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

Prime was supposed to be 1-2 year thing. What it failed to deliver was the content releases within that timeframe.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Prime ending.......lol
    classic wow is the last hope

Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    Prime ending.......lol
    classic wow is the last hope
    Prime wasn't classic though.

It was a poorly done progression server that should have used the classic elements and instead decided to use the awful tier modern elements such as current soul trees which destroyed a hell of a lot of builds.

Not to mention class balance was out of whack for the first month with all rogues going Sab, ability lag was ridiculous and other factors.

By 4-5 months the population had heavily declined.

This is a good thing it's shutting down. If Gamigo can get rid of all the screw ups Trion have done and actually consider slowly but surely improving the mess Trion made with their products then they may have a winner on their hands.

However I got about as much chance as winning the lottery than that happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give me a source with them saying they only intended for it to last a year
    For another "concerned about Rift" poster, you sure know jack about the game or anything about Prime, it was always intended to last one year, you can find plenty of sources on this Rift sub Forum, surely someone like yourself that lives on MMO-C could easily find stuff, but allow me to throw you a few scraps:

What happens to my characters and Prime Credits when the RIFT Prime server closes?

RIFT Prime characters can transfer to RIFT live servers at the end of the Prime server’s content schedule. We intend this server to run for at least a year of progression, so there’s no rush
    Source: https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/...ift-prime-faq/

From a Dev on the Discord channel over a year ago:

Shall i keep going? do you want quotes and links from various gaming sites like Massively OP, MMORPG et al?

They said "tentatively" if it went well they might extend it past one year, prehaps that's where your confusion comes into play but like i already said, Gamigo are now running Rift and have decided to follow the planned one year and close down plan.