Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Prime was supposed to be 1-2 year thing. What it failed to deliver was the content releases within that timeframe.
    It literally is a ghost town. Barely anyone is playing and I doubt the upkeep costs less than what Patron whales are throwing at them.

They were never getting 3 expansions worth of progression done in a year. They never should have made that statement. And even if the server had stayed somewhat popular there would have still been a mass exodus when it got to SFP. I mean who the hell wants to pay a monthly sub to a version of the game that they can just play for free? And even then would you really want to play SFP when it has barely anything to do?

Gamigo sadly have to pick up the mess Trion made. Which is a tall order because Gamigo themselves didn't exactly have anything hugely popular until they got hold of Trove. And even Trove has been on a heavy decline in terms of active users.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-12 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    could it have been handled better? absolutely but all academic now as it's Gamigo running the show.
    I'll disagree with it all being "academic", Prime seemed like a final/last-ditch effort to gin up some revenue and like they literally never had a plan on what to do with it anyways. Hence all the delays the content, hence the live team seemingly disappearing entirely to work on Prime, hence the lack of any real or meaningful roadmap for how they'd handle things.

They launched Prime with no plan and continued from there without plans moving forward. It was always a joke and a cash grab and never something that seemed like a remotely serious initiative.

Rift will probably just see a few small content patches a year
    This is a painfully low threshhold, but if they can meet this they'll already be doing far, far better than Trion has in the past few years. I'm just hoping they tone down SFP leveling considerably, because I'd be down to try to finish leveling if it didn't feel so pointlessly punitive and artificially slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'll disagree with it all being "academic", Prime seemed like a final/last-ditch effort to gin up some revenue and like they literally never had a plan on what to do with it anyways. Hence all the delays the content, hence the live team seemingly disappearing entirely to work on Prime, hence the lack of any real or meaningful roadmap for how they'd handle things.

They launched Prime with no plan and continued from there without plans moving forward. It was always a joke and a cash grab and never something that seemed like a remotely serious initiative.

This is a painfully low threshhold, but if they can meet this they'll already be doing far, far better than Trion has in the past few years. I'm just hoping they tone down SFP leveling considerably, because I'd be down to try to finish leveling if it didn't feel so pointlessly punitive and artificially slow.
    People did work out with the XP perks on it pretty much can get you 70 through zone and side activities. Whereas without them you'd conk out at around 68-69.

I can't stand games that do that tbh. Deliberately make levelling slow or it not cap you to try and push booster sales or whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I'm very surprised RIFT hasn't shut its doors yet. It's revenue must be much, much lower than any competitive MMO. I suppose if you can pay for servers and occasional content updates, you can keep justifying putting cash into it if you are a studio with nothing really going for it like Trion.
    Trion don't own it anymore. Sold out so Hartsman could line his pockets. (CEO of Trion back then).

Went to a company where IPs basically go to die and I imagine they wanted the popular scraps that Trove has left.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    RIFT is still a thing? I thought it died a disgraceful death like Wildstar.
    Ditto. I had a bunch of toons over on the Deepwood shard after launch. Was first Guardian and then rerolled Defiant. We got geared up to raid, and then everyone in my guild stopped logging in. This was sometime just after the death themed raid came out, River of Souls iirc. I didn't last much longer after that.

--snip--
    Hard to read for you I see.

He said "At Lease A Year Of Progression" that's not the same as in cutting the cord after a year. You are trying way too hard at this point.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Hard to read for you I see.

He said "At Lease A Year Of Progression" that's not the same as in cutting the cord after a year. You are trying way too hard at this point.
    I mean it's not like it was a great year either.

But yeah "at least" is not the same as suddenly pulling the plug. It's pretty much disingenuous posting.

Gamigo isn't following through with any "plan" at all. They are pulling the plug on Primes life support.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-12 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Even Trion wanted it to go upto NMT/SFP. And I do remember them saying 1 year but at that time the company was probably already in turmoil and getting ready to sell/layoff.

And it didn't even make it to NMT. Prime is a disaster. It's being shut down because it's lacking a playerbase and costs more upkeep than people are paying a sub for.

I mean there's probably like about 100 at most paying for Rift Patron these days with the state the games in.

It was already a ghost town after 5 months or so.

As I said though. Atlas and Defiance 2050 will be next to go. Probably Atlas Reactor first. You know that game Trion wanted to be an "esport" and barely took off?

- - - Updated - - -

They tried that with Defiance 2050 and.....

https://steamcharts.com/app/743090

https://store.steampowered.com/app/7...Defiance_2050/

Mostly negative reviews because they half assed it and just did a minor remaster to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

For MMOS these days if you want something that as you say "isn't about to die" then ESO or FF14.

Two fresh games in the market that aren't showing any sign of slowing down.
    Gw2? BDO(blech)? WoW? Lotro isn't slowing down either even if it isn't hyper popular.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I should say something on topic.

Yeah wow how surprising it sucked anyway.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

This isn't surprising. What is, though, is that it took them this long. Maybe it would have been more popular if they hadn't used a stripped down version of the live client, and instead used the actual classic Rift client.

Rift died with Storm Legion. The zones were massive, but devoid of life. And it felt like they made the leveling god awful because they knew they were going f2p. Then they went f2p and that was the end. I wonder if this same thing will happen with the live version. Because Gamigo would have to FF14 it to save this game.

Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    Prime ending.......lol
    classic wow is the last hope
    AFAIK the game was as much of a "Classic" as Classic WoW would be if Blizzard just limited the level cap to 60, while keeping revamped old zones, modern talents etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

problem is I don't want to pay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosbarrera View Post
    problem is I don't want to pay
    A bit late now as Prime is gone, completely.

You can still play Rift for free and level 1-70 without ever spending a dime, all content is free and open to you.

A bit late now as Prime is gone, completely.

You can still play Rift for free and level 1-70 without ever spending a dime, all content is free and open to you.
    problem is I don't want to waste time on a dying and unsupported game.