Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    There is no grand conspiracy here, its obviously to entice people into race changing into the new allied races.

I am not gonna pretend to be mad about this, I couldn't give less of a shit how they make their money, their services are overpriced which is why I don't use them. That and the fact that I do want the heritage armor.
    Their sub is also overpriced, which you'll be paying to level up yet another character, doing the same shitty content over again at no cost to blizzard. It's not much of a conspiracy I agree, it's blatant greedy business practice which has become blizzards MO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The AR- 14 or 15 is a good home defense weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Anyone else feel like the timing of these race change discounts is far too convenient?

It seems like a ploy to try and boost Q1 2019 revenue after a tumultuous quarter by luring people into subscribing to take advantage of the racial discounts with the release of Zandalari Trolls and Kul'Tiran Humans.

Do you think this strategy will be effective?
    Why did you only include Zandalari in the headline? That's discrimination! I feel violated #Metoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    I find this the most bizarre cynicism.

First of all, no shit.

Second of all, this is beneficial for players too. It's not like they're suddenly letting you pay $10 and buy a piece of 425 gear before Q1 closes, this is mutually beneficial for Blizzard and the players.
    Pretty sure I never said it wasn't beneficial to players, of course it is.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

It is not a plot. It is obvious as fuck and there is a good reason for them doing it. It is not some kind of conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Their sub is also overpriced, which you'll be paying to level up yet another character, doing the same shitty content over again at no cost to blizzard. It's not much of a conspiracy I agree, it's blatant greedy business practice which has become blizzards MO.
    A sub which has resisted inflation and hasn't changed price in 14 years (apart from adjustments for money markets overseas) and a discount on race changes. Yep, very greedy.
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara
    Issues specific to WoW General Discussions/BfA/Classic can be sent to any forum moderator or globals.
    Please report problem posts. Site rules can be found here.

To paraphrase Mark Twain: "Nothing so needs reforming as other people's opinions."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    A sub which has resisted inflation and hasn't changed price in 14 years (apart from adjustments for money markets overseas) and a discount on race changes. Yep, very greedy.
    Are you actually trying to argue that server transfer and race change fees aren't extremely exorbitant and disgustingly priced?

A system that is completely automated.

A system that is there to make money off people trying to get off dead realms because Blizzard in their infinite wisdom refuses to merge realms?

Why isn't there a bulk discount to move all characters to a single realm?

They charge for expansions and they charge for subs. Then they have a cosmetic shop too - where they put way more effort into mounts than in-game attainable ones.

Greed is the only word for it. Disgusting corporate greed.