Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Whatever you say.

If I know anything about wealthy people is that they never pay anything they believe they can avoid. And it's your logic that gets them rich.
    this is only semi truth. because those are the same people who are willing to spend i.e 1 mln $ on a car and 10k $ on a dress.

and the main thing they avoid is taxes. not some joke services in computer games.

but yes i do know what you are pointing at - stuff like "Starbucks coffee paradoxes" and other stuff where you can save money on daily activities/rutines - but this is more targeted towards middle class/poor people not really rich ones.

but in this case we are discussing pure hedonism - because yes this is nothing but hedonism and its sometimes needed to make yourself feel better dont know how you but i have much better mood when i buy something nice from time to time.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-03-12 at 09:02 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, this thread does it. I am now convinced that people are unable to enjoy things because they are too busy looking for things to whine and cry about.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    It isn't in any stretch of the definition.
    It is when new races aren't coupled with at least one free race change coupon.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    just as the title states, blizzard also has 30% off faction change, and 30% off race change services. sure many will rage, but keep in mind, blizzard did not have to offer these discounts.

i find this well timed, and helps consolidating players with the patch changes incoming tomorrow.
    Yeah, I find it funny people are raging about offers now...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Hope people are not stupid enough to fall into that cash grab trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Exactly. I mean the system is already scummy enough it was kinda obvious they'd try and entice people into it with the allied races they've kept people waiting for.

Just Blizzard reaching it's usual EA levels of cash grabbing really.
    it's almost like they are a company that wants to earn money
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Last I remember Square Enix offer a free Fantasia ingame once you complete the level 50 2.0 MSQ to race change with.

And each expansions CE bar Stormblood has one. Which is a £15 upgrade digitally and nets you other goodies like mounts, glamours and minions. And hell race/appearance changes are £5.

ESO literally just gave out 3 free race change tokens after a recent update made drastic changes to racials.

Other companies do try and make profits yes. But they have better ways of going about it and throw out more consumer friendly stuff.
    On topic:

I don't see a problem with a discount when the AR come out, less money to pay for the ones that had already in mind to do it so it's a win for them, and the ones who had doubts now will buy it, it's a move to get money but not one that it's actually bad for the players. In an ideal world on a subscription based MMORPG you should get tokens of race change and that stuff in game doing something Amazing, a challenge or something ( I repeat myself below sorry), but le'ts have a reality check, this is not an ideal world and in no way a discount is something bad for us players.

Off topic:

Well you could also see it like shady stuff to get customers, in one is easier to pay for it because it's lower and you won't doubt and in the other not many people would pay for it but it's way more expensive.

I don't think the revenue from racechange and that stuff from FFXIV and WoW are far apart.

In my opinion, the only one who should ask for money about a race change should be ESO, WoW and FFXIV should have challenges or something to achieve in game so you can race change. I don't know, but it should not involve real money (I guess the tokens kind of achieves that on one side, people buy a lot of tokens for gold but that's a minority and we buy it from them, at the end, for normal people like us, it's "free", but it's still meh)

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    There is no grand conspiracy here, its obviously to entice people into race changing into the new allied races.

I am not gonna pretend to be mad about this, I couldn't give less of a shit how they make their money, their services are overpriced which is why I don't use them. That and the fact that I do want the heritage armor.
    I was planning to faction change my Ret and Feral for Zandalari anyway so these discounts have made me over the moon!

Exactly.

£19 for a race change is ridiculous.

In FF14 I can change my race and appearance for £5.85.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. Gotta pad those numbers for Q1 since their MAU count they like to flaunt tanked 5 million in 2 quarters.
    Well Final Fantasy 14 is a game that launched and failed had to shut down server, refund players, change dev team, rebuild the game and re-launch. Its in no position to charge the same prices as WoW period.

FF14 was never and will never be WoW's equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yeah, let's make a big protest because Blizzard is giving us a discount on a paid service just in time when people will actually probably want to purchase that paid service.

Are you also up in arms when a chocolate bar is discounted in your local store because it's an obvious ploy to sell more chocolate bars?

F in hell
    Well ofc, because more people will buy them and maybe I will not be able to buy them! shady stuff! death to companies! long live entitlement! long live XXI century! long live... wait wait I can't maintain this gotta puke, brb!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Nope, it entices a player to buy a XXX Gold token bought by 20$ and sold by other player to pay 15$ worth the gold for a race change...
    Fixed it for ya, I've yet to know someone who has paid for a token, maybe all my friends are cheap as fuck hahahaha.

For me, and for everyone in that case that uses gold to get that race change it's "Free" no matter how you look at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    I read the OP multiple times, and read most of the comments as well, and...I'm still missing the problem?

So, they finally give you Zandalari. A lot of people want them for some weird reason, even the people who are constantly on the forums shitting on the game, talking about how there's nothing to do, yada yada yada...Now, somehow, because your character will have slightly different pixels, the game will become great again. Okey, makes no sense, but fine.

In order to get Zandalari once they're released, you can either level one up (after the changes, leveling is EXTREMELY fast nowadays, plus you get heritage armor, if that's your thing), or you can race change to one. Before the sale, you would have to pay whatever the price is in your region. People who wanted Zandalari, and didn't want to level one up, would pay that price, regardless what it is. Now, they can save 30% of their money. Somehow, that is scum move by Blizzard. Why? Who the fuck knows.

Literally the only reason people complain, is because Blizzard will earn money. That's it. No other reason. Not a single soul will be hurt in the process, everyone will actually benefit (yes, Blizzard will benefit the most, tragic, I know), since they can save some money for something they were about to get anyway, and yet, people like OP will still find a reason to complain. It's the exact same story every time Blizzard does any kind of promotion, or, well, anything nowadays. Free boat? Bad, FORCING people to buy 6 months sub, obviously no one in their right mind would do it if not for boat. Shop mounts? Once again, FORCING people at gunpoint to buy them, even though, once again, no one in their right mind even wants those mounts. Hell, at this point, if Blizzard gave a free one year sub to everyone, people like OP and other mindless drones in this thread would STILL find a way to complain about it.

There's a lot of good points people make when they complain about the state of the game itself, but as far as complaining about stuff like sales on character services? Yeah, that's complaining for the sake of complaining. No rational arguments whatsoever. None.
    It's so hard to find someone like you in the forums these days, thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

I do like the game.

I just dislike the direction the game and company has been going in as of late.

I've said countless times WoW is one of my top 10 games. Doesn't mean I have to accept everything it does or can't be critical.

A good fan knows how to be critical of a product they love. Least in my opinion. Rather than seeing either just one side or the other.
    Then do things right ffs, complaining because of a 30% discount it's just stupid. Complaining about islands, warfronts and azerite armor it's a very big okey because they are bad, but a simple 30% discount on a race, that actually benefit both parties reeks of simple hate/entitlement

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    There is no grand conspiracy here, its obviously to entice people into race changing into the new allied races.

I am not gonna pretend to be mad about this, I couldn't give less of a shit how they make their money, their services are overpriced which is why I don't use them. That and the fact that I do want the heritage armor.
    I agree with you that the services are over priced, with one exception: server transfers. Honestly, they can probably make all the other ones $5 each and people would probably use it more. But server transfers are a different story; that is something that you don't want to make cheaper, not often anyway, otherwise it will encourage people to constantly server transfer and make a huge profit on the AH by going from low pop servers to high pop servers. I do wish they would add a mass server transfer option in for those people with lots of toons though, that would be handy

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Hope people are not stupid enough to fall into that cash grab trap.
    What people do with their money is entirely up to them and not you, so if people want to do a race change then that is their choice..

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    How is this at all a negative for Blizzard? It's a win-win:

- The people that were already going to buy a race change get it cheaper.
    - The people that wanted a race change but couldn't afford it now can.
    - Blizzard gets more money to spend on things.

Where's the downside?
    Blizzard is going to make more allied-races and use more discounts to earn more money for cheaper job instead of making a proper content.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    What people do with their money is entirely up to them and not you, so if people want to do a race change then that is their choice..
    Although I agree with that statement, I think that this is the reason why gaming industry is going more P2W and idiotic.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2019-03-12 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Although I agree with that statement, I think that this is the reason why gaming industry is going more P2W and idiotic.
    ^ This.

/10

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    How is this at all a negative for Blizzard? It's a win-win:

- The people that were already going to buy a race change get it cheaper.
    - The people that wanted a race change but couldn't afford it now can.
    - Blizzard gets more money to spend on things.

Where's the downside?
    and the players who don t buy the race change will be ganked by the overpowered new race

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    So giving access day 1’means less people race changing overall? Get out of here with that weak ass arguement. This doesn’t even make sense. Keep in mind, Acti Blizz that you are hating on is the same company that you are praising for Classic.
    Your hate is strong, but quit letting it control you. I miss when you actually had smart things to talk about instead of just random hate posts that don’t even make sense.

People are literally complaining that Blizz is saving people money. Yeah, it might get people on the fence to go over to the other side, but it’s not like people who don’t even care are suddenly screaming “take my money!”
    He indeed was someone who I had good times reading, now he is just a shadow, just as he describes the company he loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    These discounts are nice and all that, yet the actual services are still way overpriced, even at their reduced rates - you can appreciate the special offer and still have a negative opinion about the subject as a whole.

This is 100% obviously not something they're doing out of good will. They're doing this because their finance guys told them that there'll be more money to make if they do this... so they did it. Like, again, you can appreciate the reduced prices and at the same time still be mad about the still stupidly overpriced prices.
    That's true. I could get behind the level boost pricing, but everything else should realistically be lowered.

Sounds like they know that Zandalari are very highly anticipated and they're offering a discount for the hundreds of people that are definitely going to race change. Sounds like a nice courtesy. If they wanted to be money hungry this time, they would just make people pay full price, because we all know everyone that wants to race change would pay every cent of it. Hell, they could raise the price and people would still play for it. They would grumble and moan about it, but they would still pay it. Somehow peoples' bad decision making and lack of self control are the company's fault.

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Blizzard is going to make more allied-races and use more discounts to earn more money for cheaper job instead of making a proper content
    They're going to do that either way anyway. They've made it clear where their focus is, and it's not on making "proper content".
    Last edited by Surreality; 2019-03-12 at 10:22 AM.

Blizzard is going to make more allied-races and use more discounts to earn more money for cheaper job instead of making a proper content.

if people didnt want to buy them , companies wouldnt sell them .

we live in digital era - time to realise that digital good have certain value in people's eyes.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-03-12 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    if people didnt want to buy them , companies wouldnt sell them .

we live in digital era - time to realise that digital good have certain value in people's eyes.
    What does that have to do with my comment?