Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Exactly. I mean the system is already scummy enough it was kinda obvious they'd try and entice people into it with the allied races they've kept people waiting for.

Just Blizzard reaching it's usual EA levels of cash grabbing really.
    People are literally going to do it no matter what. I feel like this is just looking for shit to be mad about. People would 100% buy these race changes without the 30% discount, now they can do it but for slightly less. Ofc it was timed specifically for this, it shouldn’t even need to be said but you’d be out of your mind if you don’t think people would buy the race change with or without the discount.

However I think blizzard services are too expensive as is. I hate the cash shop itself as well. We pay a sub fee and we buy the expansion for 50$ yet they charge 25-30$ for services and 15-25$ for cash shop items that should be in the game with no extra fee since we already pay monthly for the game and once for the expansion on top of that. I think their model is ridiculous and it’s been this way since Wrath but I don’t think discounting race changes when people were going to race change regardless is a negative thing.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-03-12 at 10:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    How is this at all a negative for Blizzard? It's a win-win:

- The people that were already going to buy a race change get it cheaper.
    - The people that wanted a race change but couldn't afford it now can.
    - Blizzard gets more money to spend on things.

Where's the downside?
    Pretty much.

Do I think it's still extremely overpriced? Yeah, but how am I going to tell Blizzard to lower the cost if people are fine with paying it, lol? They could probably bump it up to $40 and still sell it well.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Blizzard is going to make more allied-races and use more discounts to earn more money for cheaper job instead of making a proper content.

Although I agree with that statement, I think that this is the reason why gaming industry is going more P2W and idiotic.
    While true, it is still up to the individual to decide whether or not they spend the money.. All we can give them is an opinion, it is up to them to take heed or not..

Are we supposed to be shocked that Blizzard wants us to buy the things they offer us?

I mean I´m all for being against a subscription game that also has micro transaction, but since this type of service (race changes) is one of the products they are selling us, of course they are also going to promote them at a time when interest in them is going to be high. There really is no secret evil plan or mastermind strategy here.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Price cut is there to boost race changes. Ofc people what wanted to race change would do it even without discount. But there is lot of people what would never consider it but now with discount they will.
    I had a token reserved in case they were going to do this so fom me it's "Free", Oh well I was lucky and got the money from BOE's from the raids so I did not waste any time farming the gold, it is literally free for me so I'm glad and love this discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Hope people are not stupid enough to fall into that cash grab trap.
    Yep.

Dreadwake sub runs out soon thank god. Gone will be the memory of me paying for 6 months of a game that barely saw any huge content outside a raid.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-12 at 10:54 AM.

Wait Blizzard is employing marketing strategies to boost sales! How dare they!

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    They know they fucked up. They've come out countless times and said they didn't get things right. Over and over again. Azerite gear, RNG, lack of deterministic rewards, islands, warfronts, GCD changes, terrible class designs, specs just flat-out terrible despite beta feedback, majority of youtubers, streamers, community peronalities in unison regarding the state of the game, layoffs and restructuring within Blizzard despite a record year.

So much of that could have been mended with one gesture. Such a missed opportunity to do something great and show the community means more than just dollars to them. Even with the discount I'm paying only slightly less than I was before the June price hike (for no apparent reason)

Hell, this isn't even my idea. I heard it in a Taliesin and Evitel video. Even those shills get it
    Yo can trow all the shit you want to blizzard but not to my tali!! *Mad* hahahahaha

J.Allen Brack office in a few hours:

http://gph.is/XMmoOw

What does that have to do with my comment?
    you consider behaviour like this idiotic.

i consider it sign of future things to come.

you clearly enjoy being in denial towards what younger generations like to spend their money on.

we are very very fast approaching post-industrial era - in which stuff like digital goods will be one of main source of people's income.

in near future you are likely to either be some sort of content creator - or be unemployed on UBI complaining why those bad corporations are out there to get you with their ill practices.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep.

Dreadwake sub runs out soon thank god. Gone will be the memory of me paying for 6 months of a game that barely saw any huge content outside a raid.
    in before we see "first day of spring promotion" with bee mount for 6 months sub ^^

wouldnt you agree it would be appropiate date for such a nice mount :P
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-03-12 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you consider behaviour like this idiotic.

i consider it sign of future things to come.
    I didn't consider that behaviour idiotic. I just said that the gaming industry is more idiotic.

That's maybe a future, but it's just a cash-grab. Getting more cheap content for more money. Back then for 35$ you could get a game that you could play for years. Nowadays? You can buy for that price one character for the game that isn't even properly done.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you clearly enjoy being in denial towards what younger generations like to spend their money on.
    You are wrong. I have contact with the younger generations almost everyday and I clearly know what they like to spend their money on.
    Which still doesn't change the thing I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    It would've been a bad business decision and irrelevant to me since I'm literally not race changing anything. Blatant pandering to entitled whingebags with no real effect on the game.

I'll take them making good business decisions (this one literally being mutually beneficial when they could've gotten away with doing nothing) and changing the game, thanks. "Good guy Blizzard", give me a break. That insinuates they're now "Bad Guy Blizzard" which is exactly in tune with the delusions seen within the online community, year after year.
    He has a point tho, while the discount it's not something bad and it's good for both the player and the company, giving the racechange for free would have been a really nice thing to do. But I'll bet my hand that even with that people would throw shit at them.

To be fair, if they wanted to be really scummy they'd leave it until like a month after release, so people buy the full-price ones first, then they get some more with the discount. I think it's fair to say that a lot of, if not most people buying race changes on release would be doing so regardless, so generally it's just going to be better for them.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's the unwavering law of MMO-C: There is only one singular universal constant. It is as certain as the sun rising in the east and setting in the west. It is written, assuredly, somewhere amongst the codified manuscripts which our heavenly creators used to bring about our very existence. It is known, without any shadow of a doubt, that the only reason Blizzard either does - or more importantly, does not - do anything, is because fuck you.
    HAHAHAHAHA, thanks, this made my day, specially with the image of jhin talking, my favorite character of lol.

I didn't consider that behaviour idiotic. I just said that the gaming industry is more idiotic.

That's maybe a future, but it's just a cash-grab. Getting more cheap content for more money. Back then for 35$ you could get a game that you could play for years. Nowadays? You can buy for that price one character for the game that isn't even properly done.

You are wrong. I have contact with the younger generations almost everyday and I clearly know what they like to spend their money on.
    Which still doesn't change the thing I said.
    The funny thing is though a boost here is £49.

Resident Evil 2 or Devil May Cry 5 are £45.

I can buy a AAA quality game made by a good company or a level boost which gets me a character?

Not hard to realise the game has more value.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-12 at 11:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This makes incredible sense.... nothing sneaky about it IMHO
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    A business wanting to encourage customers to buy their services? Ludicrous, I say!
    Yup. We did it all the time when we introduced a new service, or had a service line we thought was important that many customers were not using. Funny how gamers think it's scummy and somehow offering a service at a price, even discounted, forces people to use it.

They'll keep the new racials overpowered just long enough to get the influx of cash and then balance them properly. Blizzard is Activision at this point, it stopped being Activision a long time ago, this is the new Blizzard. Get used to it and enjoy the game, or get fed up with the scummy behaviour and move to another game.

The funny thing is though a boost here is £49.

Resident Evil 2 or Devil May Cry 5 are £45.

I can buy a AAA quality game made by a good company or a level boost which gets me a character?

Not hard to realise the game has more value.
    so go an buy those games.

nobody is forcing you to buy those boost.

but let people who value their time much more then you to buy boosts.

i know plenty of people in my generation who make much more then £45 pr hour and leveling will almost always take 20xthis amount making them effectively loose on much much more money then this boost is worth.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Probably because the services are overpriced to begin with.
    I disagree.

Something that a lot of people just don't seem to get is that they want to keep the price somewhat high to act as a deterrant to overuse of those services. While it certainly isn't good game design to prevent people who really want to race/server/faction change from doing so, it is pretty poor game design to allow people to do so frivolously - because too much of it becomes disruptive to the communities for which the game is built.

I would be very surprised if Blizzard have set the price for these services to the point of maximum profit because, as you point out, the price is perceived by many to be too high. If Blizzard were interested in maximum profit, the price would be lower in order to encourage greater sales volumes.