Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    So, in your own words, this is a good move FOR THE PLAYERS. BUT, since it's also a good move for the company...that makes it a shitty move, despite players actually benefitting from it. Dafuq.

You're forgetting the fact that people upset about this sale are the delusional ones, who would be upset even if Blizzard gave them one year of free sub. The "level headed" people realize that sure, it's a move mostly dictated by the company wanting to make profit, and yet...players themselves only benefit from it, while losing absolutely nothing, therefore there's ZERO reasons to be upset.

I'll take that bet.
    These services shouldn't be 17 dollars. Let alone 25 when other competitors offer the same ones for much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    still using facebook is the real yikes
    Not my image.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yikes. Either you have really, really bad reading comprehension or zero argument and had to prattle about random shit as a response.

Yes. There is no cost for tranfers anymore beyond an insignificant server load. That is exactly what I said, sport. It is the exact same as paying for a digitally distributed game, because in both cases what you are actually buying is only that insignificant server load. That money, in both cases, is going to future development. It is not paying for the service or product, which are costless. It is all 100% profit.
    I may have misread but it came across as if you were defending Blizzard's prices, which I can't agree with. I don't really understand the comparison to buying a game licence either, since you are paying for a product that the company needs to be recoup costs and make a profit. Sure historically there were boxes, discs and distribution to recoup but even then it's not the same thing. Blizzard does this as well with their expansion sales and subscriptions anyway and that's sort of the point. If wow were free I wouldn't give a shit about £40 for a realm xfer and faction change.

Buying mounts and other crap like that obviously is a massive rip off but you can justify that by saying someone had to work on it. These sort of character and account services though, it's pure extortion.
    Last edited by Chemii; 2019-03-12 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    These services shouldn't be 17 dollars. Let alone 25 when other competitors offer the same ones for much cheaper.
    That's true, and on that part we definitely agree. However, it has nothing to do with the thread itself.

If you reread most of the complaints (or even just OP, and the title of this thread), you might notice that vast majority of people who are complaining here, are NOT complaining about the prices themselves - they are complaining about the sale, and especially, about the timing of the sale. They are saying that doing a sale, when there's an expected increase in demand for services (zandalari, race changes, transfers), is somehow a shady tactic.

And while I can see why people think that, since it's definitely motivated by profits, and nothing more, people completely overlook the fact that it's beneficial for everyone involved, both the company, and the players. And that's the most important fact. Everyone is gaining here, it's a win-win situation for everyone involved, and yet...there's thousands of people unhappy with it. Why? Because the Big Bad Blizzard is the biggest winner here. Can't have that, can we? From some of the comments in this thread, it seems to me like people would be much happier getting no sales ever, so long as Blizzard makes less money. Honestly, the kind of backwards "logic" involved in this way of "thinking", for me, is just...incredible.

If you want to complain about the actual prices - fine, complain, I'll be right there with you. If you want to complain about company making a sale, which allows you to save money, just because you're angry that the company will make more profits this way - then you're weird, and I want to get as far away from you as possible.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They should have been kind and given everyone a free race change for each allied race unlock, like did they honestly think people would not want their mains to be the new races?

Also WoW doesn't hold it's value anymore period, they need to get with the times and provide waaayyy more for $15 a month.
    It's nice to dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Anyone else feel like the timing of these race change discounts is far too convenient?

It seems like a ploy to try and boost Q1 2019 revenue after a tumultuous quarter by luring people into subscribing to take advantage of the racial discounts with the release of Zandalari Trolls and Kul'Tiran Humans.

Do you think this strategy will be effective?
    Probably very effective. This is about the only site I can imagine where people will use discounted rates on services as a way to demonstrate Blizzard's greed. If they hadn't done discounts there would be threads about that. It's just very strange that even today, 14 years later, people think that the reason Blizzard stays in business is for some other reason than to generate revenue so they can stay in business.

As a consumer you have a choice to either buy into that or not. So exercise that.

I remember a few days ago people complaining about how expensive it was to race change for the new patch. Well, now it's less expensive so let's fucking complain about the discounts instead.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Probably very effective. This is about the only site I can imagine where people will use discounted rates on services as a way to demonstrate Blizzard's greed. If they hadn't done discounts there would be threads about that. It's just very strange that even today, 14 years later, people think that the reason Blizzard stays in business is for some other reason than to generate revenue so they can stay in business.

As a consumer you have a choice to either buy into that or not. So exercise that.

I remember a few days ago people complaining about how expensive it was to race change for the new patch. Well, now it's less expensive so let's fucking complain about the discounts instead.
    Only time people will stop complaining is when the game finally ends/dies. Then people will be happy.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

5+ Year Old Account
    On one hand, complaining about a company (any company, but especially a big one like ATVI) trying to get the most money with the least amount of work is kind of... unnecesary. On the other hand, it's fun to see the full Blizzard Defense Force in action in all its glory and splendour. Looks like they are Kotick's financial advisors or something
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post

Not my image.
    the obvious answear from buisness viewpoint would be that competion can only dream about their games being as popular to be able to charge people 25$ for this and nobody rebeling against it. because sorry but 20 people making whiny posts on forums is not significant from buisness standpoint

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    There is no grand conspiracy here, its obviously to entice people into race changing into the new allied races.

I am not gonna pretend to be mad about this, I couldn't give less of a shit how they make their money, their services are overpriced which is why I don't use them. That and the fact that I do want the heritage armor.
    Their sub is also overpriced, which you'll be paying to level up yet another character, doing the same shitty content over again at no cost to blizzard. It's not much of a conspiracy I agree, it's blatant greedy business practice which has become blizzards MO.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Anyone else feel like the timing of these race change discounts is far too convenient?

It seems like a ploy to try and boost Q1 2019 revenue after a tumultuous quarter by luring people into subscribing to take advantage of the racial discounts with the release of Zandalari Trolls and Kul'Tiran Humans.

Do you think this strategy will be effective?
    Why did you only include Zandalari in the headline? That's discrimination! I feel violated #Metoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    I find this the most bizarre cynicism.

First of all, no shit.

Second of all, this is beneficial for players too. It's not like they're suddenly letting you pay $10 and buy a piece of 425 gear before Q1 closes, this is mutually beneficial for Blizzard and the players.
    Pretty sure I never said it wasn't beneficial to players, of course it is.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

It is not a plot. It is obvious as fuck and there is a good reason for them doing it. It is not some kind of conspiracy theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Their sub is also overpriced, which you'll be paying to level up yet another character, doing the same shitty content over again at no cost to blizzard. It's not much of a conspiracy I agree, it's blatant greedy business practice which has become blizzards MO.
    A sub which has resisted inflation and hasn't changed price in 14 years (apart from adjustments for money markets overseas) and a discount on race changes. Yep, very greedy.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."