Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What spec will you play in Mythic BFA after Demo nerfs 12/3 ?

I want to be ahead of my fellow locks in the guild, and considering changing spec now that Demo gets a huge nerf 12/3.

What ya think ?

Quote Originally Posted by fragnot77 View Post
    I want to be ahead of my fellow locks in the guild, and considering changing spec now that Demo gets a huge nerf 12/3.

What ya think ?
    Tbh warlocks will be ignored for m+ it was our best specc for m+ with decent aoe. Now all 3 speccs sux for trash. Probably ill play destro you can be good on ST and trash

Quote Originally Posted by Raia View Post
    Tbh warlocks will be ignored for m+ it was our best specc for m+ with decent aoe. Now all 3 speccs sux for trash. Probably ill play destro you can be good on ST and trash
    Thats cool, but i meant Mythic raiding, dont care about m+

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raia View Post
    Demo is just going from blatantly OP to still being pretty great in mythic+. It's not suddenly trash.

Probably destro, flashpoint is good times.

Still demo in M+ and ill probably play Destro in Mythic raiding because I have all the best traits at 415 and affli is dog shit

Destro mostly in the raid, Demo in dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeySquad View Post
    Destro mostly in the raid, Demo in dungeons
    But how does this pan out?

It would be pretty expensive to reforge azerite gear each time you change from raid to m+?

Or do you talk about having 2 sets of gear, which would be annoying to farm for atm.

Well I only mythic raid 2 days a week (I play whatever in heroic) and I only change 2 pieces currently and that will only get better as I get more gear from the raid and vendor. Now though I may decide to change specs a little more in the raid as well.

The reforge cost halves every 24 hours. I am currently on 80g and I don't need to change again until Thursday.

So for me it's easy. People do seem to get into trouble with it somehow though.

Going to be Demo in m+, Aff in raids. Aff I just find very easy for progression. I tried destro; just didn't feel very fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    Going to be Demo in m+, Aff in raids. Aff I just find very easy for progression. I tried destro; just didn't feel very fun to me.
    Same prob. I just hate how dependent Affliction is on Darkglare. You feel so "meh" outside of that 3 min cd

Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
    Same prob. I just hate how dependent Affliction is on Darkglare. You feel so "meh" outside of that 3 min cd
    Yah agreed. I'd love it if Darkglare was on a 2 min cd to help with that; getting stacks of ID added some feeling of usefulness for me. I know I can burn a target if i need to. But ya otherwise it's not the most exciting. One of the things I love about demo is that 1.5 min CD. It's great.

Destro on the other hand; I got bored by it within the week. And i don't think a shorter cd would help me personally with boredom

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    Destro on the other hand; I got bored by it within the week. And i don't think a shorter cd would help me personally with boredom
    Honestly a big factor why I like demo is that my filler is a significant part of my damage. Shadowbolt with affliction is just pathetic.

Huge Nerf? No.

EP was rediculously OP. Demo is still an M+ dps machine and brings it in line with other specs for raids

Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
    Yeah, that's one thing I always tell aff locks looking to improve is to make sure their cooldown windows with darkglare on are ON POINT, because outside of that we're largely just coasting.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Huge Nerf? No.

EP was rediculously OP. Demo is still an M+ dps machine and brings it in line with other specs for raids
    You sir are wrong.. I need my FoTM Ree... Make me OP again please i nearly got laid.

For raids its about a 30% nerf based on 8.1 vs 8.1.5 logs
    https://imgur.com/a/cr1daFq

Quote Originally Posted by gaaara View Post
    For raids its about a 30% nerf based on 8.1 vs 8.1.5 logs
    https://imgur.com/a/cr1daFq
    That's 30% of total DPS? Jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    That's 30% of total DPS? Jesus.
    And the funny part is it's still decent. It was THAT overpowered. Too bad it brings zero utility.

My sim dps went down 4k. On Oppulence it was definitely noticeable, I was usually #1 or #2, but I couldn’t even break top 5 with the nerf. I ended up just going back Affliction after a couple wipes. It’s pretty bad.

They should have fixed the pet bugs only and then later lay on the EP nerf if necessary, but they don’t know to nerf and buff classes properly.
    Last edited by muto; 2019-03-13 at 08:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you didn't know, the current FOTM is Survival. Please direct the demo rerolls there.
    Don't be like haunt guy.