Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    This covers everything through MoP and is more than just Classic WoW, but I listen to it at work sometimes:

15+ Year Old Account
    I still listen to the original soundtrack at least once a week. There's just something about it - Elwynn, Dun Morogh, The Barrens...

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    The king of vanilla WoW music right here

[video=youtube;-r7iz-9v9bA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r7iz-9v9bA
    Yessss. This one. I love the Nelf starting zone music. My first character was a Druid so this hits home.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    My favorite has always been the Westfall music. There is a section that has this very soaring french horn sound with a bit of trumpet, it still makes me stop and listen.
    Not ever the best looking area from Vanilla. But my goodness, the music itself would keep me there.

Quote Originally Posted by SpellCleave View Post
    Not ever the best looking area from Vanilla. But my goodness, the music itself would keep me there.
    Certainly not, but I kind of miss that open kind of gritty nature it had. The current version on live lost a bit of that quality for some reason.

This is one of my favourites, along with:

IMA CHARGIN MY FIREBALL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Certainly not, but I kind of miss that open kind of gritty nature it had. The current version on live lost a bit of that quality for some reason.
    Definitely. Many new zones that just feel like "too much." Some of the redone old zones are still okay.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love the old music, but I also love the new stuff as well. It's one of the few aspects of the game (raiding as well, mostly) that I think are constantly well done in every iteration of the game.

The old music and sound is a bit different, far more ambient. To each their own, but I think sound has been great for 14 years.

The Molten Core music suite is still the best dungeon/raid music in the game to date imo

Just the right dose of ambient and epic music without being grandiose and forced to a fault like the more recent music we have in the game.Not saying current music in bad,it's really not,but I prefer this

Last edited by ONCHEhap; 2019-03-20 at 08:58 PM. Reason: embeded video

Saving this thread with the light of Elune.

I still have fond memories of roaming the barrens night time, just listening to the soundtrack and chilling
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

The OP's vdeio in question:

Quote Originally Posted by PavelGolub View Post
    Was feeling nostalgic so had to put some of the WoW Tavern music while playing skyrim and then this playlist came on YouTube and i felt like i was lvling my first mage through Azeroth again. Waneted to share it with you fellas !
    Listen to it and get hyped for Vanila this summer.

Youtube: World of Warcraft 'The Ultimate Journey' (A Relaxing Music Compilation)
    **Sorry can post a link it says not enough posts =/ , its not my Video so credit to them awesome job

Anyone else used to play with the amazing game soundtrack back in the days ?

10+ Year Old Account
    The old music is still in the current game, it's just been mixed in with the Cata music. It hasn't been removed.

But yes the Vanilla music was always more cooler because it was more ambient based, now days the music (while still good) is all about massive bands playing. I do prefer the more simplisitc music from Vanilla - WotLK. Since Cata they really changed it which is a shame but I do admit I loved the MoP music though
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-03-22 at 03:04 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Feels like new music from cataclysm onwards isnt that much memorable,but vanilla bc and wotlk ones are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haosmash View Post
    Feels like new music from cataclysm onwards isnt that much memorable,but vanilla bc and wotlk ones are.
    someone with the right background correct me if I am wrong.

classic music (and bc, I think) was essentially a series of motif's for a particular zone type (desert, plains, etc. etc.) maybe some zones or the whole set of classic music constituted themes? but you did not have complete musical compositions in classic in general. Mountain (day, night) was more variations on a given motif or theme, for example. ditto evil forest day and night, ditto the other various sets of music.

the exception might be some city music (SW, IF?)

cata-fwd saw them start to introduce complete musical shorts for zones.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

dude night elf music is where its at

teldrassil
    ashenvale
    etc..

Old music I like from classic WoW (off the top of my heard): Theramore, Ashenvale, Durotar, Elwynn, Ironforge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    Old music I like from classic WoW (off the top of my heard): Theramore, Ashenvale, Durotar, Elwynn, Ironforge.
    for whatever reason, the theramore track is one of the ironforge tracks that sounds nothing like the others.

also zones or zone types had unique ambience background sounds, which in some cases provided dramatic contrast with the music as opposed to other zones it was used in - but always provided a slightly different tone/feeling given how we react to various ambient noises outdoors.

the most dramatic I can remember was blasted lands - who recognized it as the barrens music, with all that thunder?

Last edited by Deficineiron; 2019-03-22 at 07:04 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    someone with the right background correct me if I am wrong.

classic music (and bc, I think) was essentially a series of motif's for a particular zone type (desert, plains, etc. etc.) maybe some zones or the whole set of classic music constituted themes? but you did not have complete musical compositions in classic in general. Mountain (day, night) was more variations on a given motif or theme, for example. ditto evil forest day and night, ditto the other various sets of music.

the exception might be some city music (SW, IF?)

cata-fwd saw them start to introduce complete musical shorts for zones.
    Indeed as you said,but that is what made it better to me atleast. Complete music score is ok too but for some reason is not as memorable as the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    The Barrens music gets me every time. I've spent so much time there.
    I died so many times to those shit mobs XD, and I spent days in that zone